Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Divorce Or Separation? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divorce Or Separation? (12130 Views)

Separation Of Church And State / Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma / Separation Of Christianity And State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Jul 20, 2020
thesicilian:
Just look at the crimes you listed up there: and you're still asking if its divorce or separation. My brother I have a third and better option for you: Annulment. It means to wipe out the marriage as if it never existed. The only reason I would even advise you to 'manage' divorce is if any of the children involved is yours.
An annulment is still a divorce. Once a man and woman make a decision to become husband and wife, it is done. All other things are essentially just formalities and nothing more

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by thesicilian: 6:50am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
An annulment is still a divorce. Once a man and woman make a decision to become husband and wife, it is done. All other things are essentially just formalities and nothing more
Annulment is different from divorce sir.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
thesicilian:

Annulment is different from divorce sir.
in the minds of persons may be,but it is a form of divorce still

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by mbaise1000: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
philip0906:

So if a woman/man goes into a marriage based on lies and deceit, like the example I gave where the man is impotent and never disclosed, the woman should forgive the man, suffer in the marriage despite the clear deceit and not divorce him? undecided

and why should anyone enter at all without being sure of what they are entering into? well the disciples of Jesus Christ were as surprised as you when Jesus was teaching this topic and they said that if it were so, it is not impossible to marry and he told them that this law is nit meant for everybody but for those that will keep it, that is those who agree with HIM, who are HIS real people, kingdom of GOD is not for everybody it's only for those that know who Jesus is, this might be impossible for you but there are those who follow it, there us a difference

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by philip0906(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
mbaise1000:

and why should anyone enter at all without being sure of what they are entering into? [s]well the disciples of Jesus Christ were as surprised as you when Jesus was teaching this topic and they said that if it were so, it is not impossible to marry and he told them that this law is nit meant for everybody but for those that will keep it, that is those who agree with HIM, who are HIS real people, kingdom of GOD is not for everybody it's only for those that know who Jesus is, this might be impossible for you but there are those who follow it, there us a difference[/s]
Aren't Christians supposed to abstain from pre-marital sex? undecided

For the other gibberish you spilled, nonsense! Is Christianity slavery? Like I clearly pointed out, the Bible does have limitations and is NOT exhaustive in terms of specifics, while still been a great book.

Till now, you're yet to answer the question of what should a woman who was deceived into getting married by a supposed brother in christ not revealing his impotence to the woman...meaning the marriage was built on deceit and falsehood. Would God, throw her into hell for ever? Don't you think any sane person would question such a God? undecided Should she continue to suffer in such marriage? undecided

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by mbaise1000: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2020
philip0906:

For the other gibberish you spilled, nonsense! Is Christianity slavery? Like I clearly pointed out, the Bible does have limitations and is NOT exhaustive in terms of specifics, while still been a great book.

Till now, you're yet to answer the question of what should a woman who was deceived into getting married by a supposed brother in christ not revealing his impotence to the woman...meaning the marriage was built on deceit and falsehood. Would God, throw her into hell for ever? Don't you think any sane person would question such a God? undecided Should she continue to suffer in such marriage? undecided

I stand by what I said, it is not gibberish like you want it to be, the bible is completely exhaustive on every topic,
like I showed you the bible said that "if the gospel we preach is veiled, it is veiled to them that are perishing, i also said that these laws according to Jesus is meant only for those that can keep them, apparently not for people like you, but GOD will not change HIS standard for you.
the problem is that people want to serve GOD the way they want and not the way GOD want people to serve him.
I didn't say that Christians should go experimenting with sex outside marriage, I am saying that people should get their priorities right and listen to the voice of GOD speaking to them before getting involved, and yes Christianity is slavery because we are all waiting for Christ Jesus to come set us free some day, a free person doesn't wait for another to come save them, (from the way you reason, I don't expect you to understand or accept this) I know you will claim to be a Christian but claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian, a Christian is one who knows WHO Jesus Christ is and his purpose on earth and accept it.
how about you sincerely ask GOD to reveal who Jesus is to you? HE is the only one that can do that and not YOUR pastor.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by philip0906(m): 10:48am On Jul 21, 2020
mbaise1000:

[s]I stand by what I said, it is not gibberish like you want it to be, the bible is completely exhaustive on every topic,
like I showed you the bible said that "if the gospel we preach is veiled, it is veiled to them that are perishing, i also said that these laws according to Jesus is meant only for those that can keep them, apparently not for people like you, but GOD will not change HIS standard for you.
the problem is that people want to serve GOD the way they want and not the way GOD want people to serve him.
I didn't say that Christians should go experimenting with sex outside marriage, I am saying that people should get their priorities right and listen to the voice of GOD speaking to them before getting involved, and yes Christianity is slavery because we are all waiting for Christ Jesus to come set us free some day, a free person doesn't wait for another to come save them, (from the way you reason, I don't expect you to understand or accept this) I know you will claim to be a Christian but claiming to be a Christian doesn't make one a Christian, a Christian is one who knows WHO Jesus Christ is and his purpose on earth and accept it.
how about you sincerely ask GOD to reveal who Jesus is to you? HE is the only one that can do that and not YOUR pastor.[/s]

Should a woman who was deceived into getting married by a supposed brother in christ not revealing his impotence to the woman...meaning the marriage was built on deceit and falsehood. Would God, throw her into hell for ever? Don't you think any sane person would question such a God? undecided Should she continue to suffer in such marriage? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by mbaise1000: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2020
philip0906:

and finally any Christian that entered into any marriage is not supposed to leave that marriage unless on the ground of adultery. and even on that you are supposed to forgive your spouse that is why it says that you will remain single. this law will be very easy for those that are going to heaven but to the rest, it is difficult,
a person is supposed to seek the face of GOD before saying I do, marriage should be out of love and companionship and when these two are there the rest will take care of themselves. if you.Don't believe that all things are possible, you are not yet a Christian.
Re: Divorce Or Separation? by philip0906(m): 10:55am On Jul 21, 2020
mbaise1000:

and finally any Christian that entered into any marriage is not supposed to leave that marriage unless on the ground of adultery. and even on that you are supposed to forgive your spouse that is why it says that you will remain single. this law will be very easy for those that are going to heaven but to the rest, it is difficult,
a person is supposed to seek the face of GOD before saying I do, marriage should be out of love and companionship and when these two are there the rest will take care of themselves. if you.Don't believe that all things are possible, you are not yet a Christian.

Let's assume she got into the marriage without seeking God's face and found out the man was impotent. Now she's a christian and has given her life to Christ, should she continue to suffer in that marriage? Despite the fact that she was mislead, deceived & lied to before saying "I do"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce Or Separation? by philip0906(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2020
mbaise1000:

Even you that is typing, if you found out that you got married to a woman who has no "vagina" after getting married and not revealing it to you prior to marriage, you wouldn't be typing all these.

You're in a convenient place, so your fingers can be sharp to quote scriptures. A woman in my church back in the days, was joined by the church to a supposed brother in Christ only to find out that the brother did NOT disclose his impotency and led the woman on a trail of falsehood and deceit. The same church that joined them, did the right thing by dissolving the fraudulent union on that basis.

Sex is the ultimate consummation of marriage. Reason the only place for sex, is within the confines of marriage. That is what produces kids and the command from God to multiply on earth. Any marriage without sex, except on mutual terms, is NOT a marriage. Now you have that key ingredient missing based on falsehood and deceit, and you think that is a union? That union has not been consummated and is open to anything.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / How To Summon Good Luck Fortune Spirit For Help / Living Faith Distributes Relief Items To Eleven IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.