Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Argument: Truth And Relative Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Argument: Truth And Relative Truth (332 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) / Jay-z: ‘jesus Is Fake News; Lucifer Is Way Of Truth And Light’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Argument: Truth And Relative Truth by SamJed(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2020
Days back, some of my friends engaged in an argument concerning the above topic. One said that there is nothing like relative truth. This was his instance. When we are in a moving car, the trees outside seems like it is moving. But the truth is that it is not moving. So why calling it a 'relative truth'. Can there be more than one truth? Personally I was indifferent in the argument though I picked a side later.
So guys what is your take about this, can truth be relative or there is only one truth.
Lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Argument: Truth And Relative Truth by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2020
Of a truth, I can truly tell you that, there are absolute truth and relative truth.

The problem is, cunning people try to swap absolute truth for relative truth in times when they try to defend their shiits.

Example of relative truth is this: it's 08:00 am in Nigeria (+1 GMT) while it's 03:00am in New York (-4 GMT).
Both are true but very different.
So, the time on your watch is relatively true, depending on your location.

The image below should further clear your doubts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argument: Truth And Relative Truth by chatinent: 7:56am On Jul 19, 2020
Anything other than the truth is not truth no matter how sugarclothed it is.

(1) (Reply)

Seek The Lord JESUS... Now More Than Ever / A German Muslim Scholar When He Was Asked About TERRORISM And Islam. / How Can We Wait On The Lord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.