Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) (842 Views)

Peter Obi Meets With Anambra Traditional Rulers Led By Obi Of Onitsha (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Restate Calls For Special Status For Lagos / NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2020
The Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers, ASTRC, has restated its stand on zoning of political offices, maintaining that the office of the Governor has been zoned to Anambra-South Senatorial zone for the 2021 gubernatorial election in the state.

The Royal Fathers disclosed this after deliberating on the zoning and rotation of political offices in Anambra state recently.

A communique signed and released by the Chairman of the Council and Obi of Onitsha, His Majesty, Obi Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, emphasized that the decision of the Council was not new . "The decision we are taking today is not new", it stated.

The communique which was also signed by the Secretary of the Council, HRH, Igwe Pius Omachonu and Deputy Chairmen, HM Igwe Engr S.I. Okafor, HRH Igwe Col. Wisdom Onebune (rtd) and HRH Igwe E.C. Onyia, representing the Anambra Central, South and North Senatorial zones respectively, stated that the council's decision stemmed from a decision it took in 2017, "to enthrone and sustain in Anambra State, a political culture of all inclusive democracy, cost effective electioneering and peaceful, free, fair and credible elections".

The Council further reaffirmed its resolution "that it is the turn of Anambra-South Senatorial zone to produce the Governor of Anambra State for two (2) consecutive terms totalling eight (cool years".

It also affirmed that power will rotate to Anambra Central afterwards and then return to Anambra North for the same two (2) consecutive terms of eight (cool years respectively.

The communique referred to the resolution of the Traditional Rulers Council during its annual seminar in 2017 to confirm its position on zoning/rotation of the office of the Governor among the three senatorial zones of the state.

The communique was endorsed and assented to by Ndi Igwe Anambra from the three senatorial zones.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2020
More

Lalasticlala

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Sammy07: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2020
Mtcheww.
What if another party wins it? And it's not from Anambra south?

Play your cards well, zoning will arrange itself grin

In Ondo
1999 - 2003 - AD (Ondo North)
2003 - 2008 - PDP (Ondo South)
2008 - 2016 - LP / PDP (Ondo central)
2016 - date - APC (Ondo North)

This coming election either Ondo North or Ondo Central wins it grin
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by kestolove95(m): 10:21am On Jul 19, 2020
Igbo people...
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 10:22am On Jul 19, 2020
kestolove95:
Igbo people...
Yoruba people
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Itohanprefa: 10:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Any political party that doesn't field an Anambra south person has counted themselves out already, this agreement was drawn years ago

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:
Mtcheww.

In Ondo

Either Ondo North or South.

Central time never reach.

Don't think Jegede will win if he gets the ticket
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by michlins(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2020
The way I hate this zoning thing eh. It's zoning that gave us Obiano out of numerous qualified sons and daughters of Anambra. Same zoning is why some people from northern Nigeria control our security.

Let the best candidate win.
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Sammy07: 10:45am On Jul 19, 2020
EastGold:

Either Ondo North or South.

Central time never reach.

Don't think Jegede will win if he gets the ticket

If the election will be free and fair with no manipulations from inec.
I'm sire Jegede will wins it.

But, Apc will want to retain Ondo so as not to loose it as Oyo
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Queen500: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:
Mtcheww.

In Ondo

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Queen500: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
Sammy07:

If the election will be free and fair with no manipulations from inec.
I'm sire Jegede will wins it.

But, Apc will want to retain Ondo so as not to loose it as Oyo
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
The Issue ends as the next governor is from south.
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Rickydee(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by helinues: 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
grin
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:
Mtcheww. What if another party wins it? And it's not from Anambra south?
In Ondo 1999 - 2003 - AD (Ondo North) 2003 - 2008 - PDP (Ondo South) 2008 - 2016 - LP / PDP (Ondo central) 2016 - date - APC (Ondo North)

be reasonable

it means all party must field their candidate from Anambra south.
be it pdp be it Apc be it apga be it ypp
that's what it means...
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
michlins:
The way I hate this zoning thing eh. It's zoning that gave us Obiano out of numerous qualified sons and daughters of Anambra. Same zoning is why some people from northern Nigeria control our security.

Let the best candidate win.
You are confuse, read your post again, Gov Obiano has done well and still doing great and his administration well end well in 2022

1 Like

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sammy07:
Mtcheww.

In Ondo

And you are agitating for president to return to south in 2023
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91870916:

[s]You are confuse, read your post again, Gov Obiano has done well, still doing great and his administration well end well in 2022[/s]
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
This clearly shows we are united on rotation of governorship in Anambra state Let developments go round
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Your frustration end here, can you do more than this?
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91871113:
Your frustration end here, can you do more than this?
reality on ground is far more sound than you.

you only fight on nairaland...with frivolous issues
move to field and be intimidated.
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

reality on ground is far more sound than you.

you only fight on nairaland...with frivolous issues

move to field and be intimidated.
I don't waste my time on ignorant mind, that doesn't know Anambra politics.
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by michlins(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91870916:

You are confuse, read your post again, Gov Obiano has done well, still doing great and his administration well end well in 2022
in which area exactly. His roads are the most inferior when compared to the other governors starting from ngige. He has increased borrowing and indebted Anambra State. No single infrastructure did he build. No new road project did he construct.
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
michlins:
in which area exactly. His roads are the most inferior when compared to the other governors starting from ngige. He has increased borrowing and indebted Anambra State. No single infrastructure did he build. No new road project did he construct.
Sorry you know nothing
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by fulanimafia: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91866579:

The Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers, ASTRC, has restated its stand on zoning of political offices, maintaining that the office of the Governor has been zoned to Anambra-South Senatorial zone for the 2021 gubernatorial election in the state.

The Royal Fathers disclosed this after deliberating on the zoning and rotation of political offices in Anambra state recently.

A communique signed and released by the Chairman of the Council and Obi of Onitsha, His Majesty, Obi Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, emphasized that the decision of the Council was not new . "The decision we are taking today is not new", it stated.

The communique which was also signed by the Secretary of the Council, HRH, Igwe Pius Omachonu and Deputy Chairmen, HM Igwe Engr S.I. Okafor, HRH Igwe Col. Wisdom Onebune (rtd) and HRH Igwe E.C. Onyia, representing the Anambra Central, South and North Senatorial zones respectively, stated that the council's decision stemmed from a decision it took in 2017, "to enthrone and sustain in Anambra State, a political culture of all inclusive democracy, cost effective electioneering and peaceful, free, fair and credible elections".

The Council further reaffirmed its resolution "that it is the turn of Anambra-South Senatorial zone to produce the Governor of Anambra State for two (2) consecutive terms totalling eight (cool years".

It also affirmed that power will rotate to Anambra Central afterwards and then return to Anambra North for the same two (2) consecutive terms of eight (cool years respectively.

The communique referred to the resolution of the Traditional Rulers Council during its annual seminar in 2017 to confirm its position on zoning/rotation of the office of the Governor among the three senatorial zones of the state.

The communique was endorsed and assented to by Ndi Igwe Anambra from the three senatorial zones.

My goodness, over 150 Kings in one state alone shocked

I thought they don't have K...

I reserve my comment lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by kayfra: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Have they come to consult with the Yorubas and the Edos the owners of Anambra?
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
kayfra:
Have they come to consult with the Yorubas and the Edos the owners of Anambra?
Your sla.v.e brothers and sisters in Kwara need your help
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Sammy07: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91870996]
And you are agitating for president to return to south in 2023 [/quote][quote author=MelesZenawi
:

be reasonable

it means all party must field their candidate from Anambra south.

be it pdp
be it Apc
be it apga
be it ypp
that's what it means

You guys should read what I wrote with understanding.
I don't know how you guys dey play politics.

I said Play your cards well and zoning will do justice to it.

it's not a must all party should field from a particular senatorial district.
It depends on the people who to vote or not.

I gave you example of Ondo state, where different parties were elected in different senatorial districts.

Everything for your side nah "Apc / PDP MUST" "the Fg MUST.. " Everytime MUST.

what is MUST, when you don't play your cards well?
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by michlins(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
post=91871500:
Sorry you know nothing
oya educate me please. What major project did he start and is about to complete now. Do this asap kindly
Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
michlins:
oya educate me please. What major project did he start and is about to complete now. Do this asap kindly
Watch and cure your ignorance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ujAi4pXfU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Traditional Rulers Restate Stand On Political Office Zoning (photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
michlins:
No need wasting my time with you posting pictures of Obiano's projects when the time comes you will know

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Kneel Down While Ize-iyamu Is Seated, Begging Edo Council Of Chiefs / IPOB And The Rest Of Us / Video: See How Protesters Where Killed And Abused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.