Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience (791 Views)

"My House Has Regularly Been Burgled By Unknown People. What Can I Do About This / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
Have you ever been burgled, losing valuable items to the burglars?
How did you handle the matter? Did you report case to the police?
Were they efficient in handling the matter?
Apart from reporting to the police, what other helpful steps are there to take?
Did you ever recover the stolen properties?
Please come share your experience as it might be helpful to someone
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by ClassicMan202(m): 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
After my National Diploma some years ago, instead of me to pack my belongings and leave but no, fresh graduate dey totori my head, na so I leave all my properties for lodge (off campus) make I go house go flex and relax small.... Long story short, when I finally ready to pack load, I come meet empty room cry

Dem break my padlock, pack everything... They just leave handouts for me cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by merieam16(f): 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
ClassicMan202:
After my National Diploma some years ago, instead of me to pack my belongings and leave but no, fresh graduate dey totori my head, na so I leave all my properties for lodge (off campus) make I go house go flex and relax small.... Long story short, when I finally ready to pack load, I come meet empty room cry

sorry 4 ur loss, hop u can count ur blessing nw

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by ClassicMan202(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
merieam16:
sorry 4 ur loss, hop u can count ur blessing nw

Thanks...

Yes o, many blessings, It has been a long time now, I've even forgotten about it, I just remembered when I saw this post.
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 12:40am On Jul 20, 2020
ClassicMan202:

Thank you for your contribution.
Your story reminded me of my sister's...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by Oladayo12(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

Thank you for your contribution. Your story reminded me of my sister's...
Please can you teach me how to make snacks and package it?
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oladayo12:
Please can you teach me how to make snacks and package it?

What type do you want to learn?
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by Auladimeji(m): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
There was a time around 2009,one stupid jobless lout wanted to steal something from my daddy's room around 2am but my dad was awake praying, papa won use cutlass remove the lout's hand from the window but he said,fear of God take upon him

If na me,Na the bastard head,I for slash

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
Auladimeji:
There was a time around 2009,one stupid jobless lout wanted to steal something from my daddy's room around 2am but my dad was awake praying, papa won use cutlass remove the lout's hand from the window but he said,fear of God take upon him

If na me,Na the bastard head,I for slash

The nerve of that bastard!

I'll certainly update this thread when...
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by Galactico4ever(m): 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

The nerve of that bastard!

I'll certainly update this thread when...
Pray that you never make that update...it may end in tears.
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by BornMarch15(m): 12:50am On Jul 24, 2020
July 2017, 2:20am. A group of local dirty body odoured touts broke into my apartment with guns and machetes. Then I lived in a 2 bedroom, my sister was in one of the rooms with her friend who had spent about a week. They were fast asleep. I was in the living room watching a movie till I fell asleep but was woken up by sounds of a loud bang in my neighbour's flat.
Immediate I became conscious. It took about 10 minutes before the came to my flat, by then my brain was calculating a millions things at the same time. I could have bolted from the back door and scaled the fence, but then, my sister and her friend. Two beautiful ladies, sleeping almost nude. Rape? In my presence? God forbid, them go kill me be that. Ah God... if only I had a gun at home. Case for don solve. My heart raced much more. Then I quietly went into their room to alert them of what was going on. Na so dem begin shake, begin pray. I tossed my main phone inside one packed shoe rack, they tossed theirs under the bed. I was preparing my mind and body to chop enough beatings that night.

Suddenly those sons of bıtches broke in. Immediately I told my sisters to lay flat faced down on the floor and not look at any of them, as i had learnt from security experts. Smart move.
As soon as they saw that we had already surrendered, they only asked where the phones and gold was, didn't even ask about money. We chorused that we didn't have any money. One of them said okay na, brought out a device, I think a metal detector, that shıt led him to where phones and jewelries were hidden. They picked EVERYTHING, went to my room, cleared it. Jewery, wristwatches, TVs, laptops, phones, frames, even decoder. Anything shinny.

Finally one put a gun on my head and asked where the money was, 'oga I no get money', 'I no even get work sef, I just be student dey manage my life'. Lol. Na so him give me blow for head. They started telling themselves to head out. The whole house was smelling. Very smelling small boys. I felt defeated and weak, I couldn't defend my sisters. Thank God the unthinkable didn't happen sha, cos maybe I for dey 6ft under by now.

We went out after they left, they had beaten my neighbor very well, cos he was proving stubborn. A live cartridge mistakenly dropped from their dane gun in his apartment.

For days I couldn't sleep sound at night. My sis went to her friend's to stay for 2 weeks. Moved out of them apartment a month later. I still suffer PTSD and panick attack from that incident till this day. Any loud bang at midnight makes me super alert with heartbeats, especially now that my little neice and mom are living with me.

Ever since I don't take security for granted anymore. Lai lai...Right now I'm looking for means to get a registered shotgun.

Remember the phone I kept in the packed shoe rack? It survived by the whiskers. The device detected it quite alright but the guy was so much in a hurry to leave, he didn't check thoroughly.

And no, I didn't go to the police in the morning. I had made arrangements to go report but suddenly felt discouraged and let it go. Wasn't ready for any further stress

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 5:57am On Jul 24, 2020
BornMarch15:
July 2017, 2:20am. A group of local dirty body odoured touts broke into my apartment with guns and machetes. Then I lived in a 2 bedroom, my sister was in one of the rooms with her friend who had spent about a week. They were fast asleep. I was in the living room watching a movie till I fell asleep but was woken up by sounds of a loud bang in my neighbour's flat.
Immediate I became conscious. It took about 10 minutes before the came to my flat, by then my brain was calculating a millions things at the same time. I could have bolted from the back door and scaled the fence, but then, my sister and her friend. Two beautiful ladies, sleeping almost nude. Rape? In my presence? God forbid, them go kill me be that. Ah God... if only I had a gun at home. Case for don solve. My heart raced much more. Then I quietly went into their room to alert them of what was going on. Na so dem begin shake, begin pray. I tossed my main phone inside one packed shoe rack, they tossed theirs under the bed. I was preparing my mind and body to chop enough beatings that night.

Suddenly those sons of bıtches broke in. Immediately I told my sisters to lay flat faced down on the floor and not look at any of them, as i had learnt from security experts. Smart move.
As soon as they saw that we had already surrendered, they only asked where the phones and gold was, didn't even ask about money. We chorused that we didn't have any money. One of them said okay na, brought out a device, I think a metal detector, that shıt led him to where phones and jewelries were hidden. They picked EVERYTHING, went to my room, cleared it. Jewery, wristwatches, TVs, laptops, phones, frames, even decoder. Anything shinny.

Finally one put a gun on my head and asked where the money was, 'oga I no get money', 'I no even get work sef, I just be student dey manage my life'. Lol. Na so him give me blow for head. They started telling themselves to head out. The whole house was smelling. Very smelling small boys. I felt defeated and weak, I couldn't defend my sisters. Thank God the unthinkable didn't happen sha, cos maybe I for dey 6ft under by now.

We went out after they left, they had beaten my neighbor very well, cos he was proving stubborn. A live cartridge mistakenly dropped from their dane gun in his apartment.

For days I couldn't sleep sound at night. My sis went to her friend's to stay for 2 weeks. Moved out of them apartment a month later. I still suffer PTSD and panick attack from that incident till this day. Any loud bang at midnight makes me super alert with heartbeats, especially now that my little neice and mom are living with me.

Ever since I don't take security for granted anymore. Lai lai...Right now I'm looking for means to get a registered shotgun.

Remember the phone I kept in the packed shoe rack? It survived by the whiskers. The device detected it quite alright but the guy was so much in a hurry to leave, he didn't check thoroughly.

And no, I didn't go to the police in the morning. I had made arrangements to go report but suddenly felt discouraged and let it go. Wasn't ready for any further stress

To me, you were brave.
You did what any sensible human would do.
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Pray that you never make that update...it may end in tears.

Your other monicker abi?

As for the promise to update this thread, it's already in motion...
An antelope does not go into the lion's den and come out in one piece.
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by Galactico4ever(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2020
mariahAngel:

Your other monicker abi?

As for the promise to update this thread, it's already in motion...
An antelope does not go into the lion's den and come out in one piece.
Explain your first sentence or should i say question.Don't get you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 9:28am On Jul 24, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Explain your first sentence or should i say question.Don't get you.

Aren't you Roman.galactic? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by Galactico4ever(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2020
mariahAngel:

Aren't you Roman.galactic? undecided
No,am not.I can see why you thought that.
Re: Have You Ever Been Burgled? Share Your Experience by mariahAngel(f): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Galactico4ever:
No,am not.I can see why you thought that.

Yeah...sorry cheesy

(1) (Reply)

50kg Foreign Rice Now 30k In Port-harcout (Pay On Delivery).... / The Sham Called Marriage / Poverty Is A Bastard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.