Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? (617 Views)

Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu / What's The Population Of Christians And Muslims In Taraba State? / We Suspended $22.7b Loan Because Of Non-Inclusion Of South East - Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by compton11(m): 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
People say 20m people are living in Lagos then what is the population of non Yoruba there?
Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by helinues: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
chatinent:
By non Yorubas, you mean people of other tribes I believe. Focusing on the Ibos, believe it or not, should they leave Lagos with their investments, that great city will hardly hit the news. I feel the Igbos are predominant there.

What is stopping them from moving it back to their region and develop it upon how small their landmass is?

Claiming of developing other people's land while neglecting theirs.... undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by chatinent: 1:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
helinues:

What is stopping them from moving it back to their region and develop it upon how small their landmass is?

Claiming of developing other people's land while neglecting theirs.... undecided
You are very right with your assertions but biologically, movement is one of the characteristics of man. If you are open-minded, you'll agree with me that an average person considers rural-urban migration as a preference in seeking greener pastures, moreover, most find it in other lands.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by helinues: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
chatinent:

You are very right with your assertions but biologically, movement is one of the characteristics of man. If you are open-minded, you'll agree with me that an average person considers rural-urban migration as a preference in seeking greener pastures, moreover, most find it in other lands.

Are you insinuating that their land is not productive hence them migrating to other region to seek a greener pasture?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by compton11(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
chatinent:

I asked a simple question and u are saying Igbo this Igbo that!

did I mention Igbo?
Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by IgboPikin: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
helinues:

Are you insinuating that their land is not productive hence them migrating to other region to seek a greener pasture?

Bro, if you noticed something about IGBO population in Lagos, a greater percentage of the Igbos in Lagos only came there for business because the sea ports in the East have been abandoned or shut down!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by IgboPikin: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
To me whatever figure of humans in Lagos is, I think an estimation of 40-50% non Yorubas live in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by chatinent: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
helinues:

Not all Igbos are in Lagos. You can still find a handful of Yorubas and Hausas respectively in the east too. Movement affects everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by Itohanprefa: 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
helinues:

As long as this one Nigeria thing stands, everybody has the right to reside wherever he sees fit as a law abiding citizen, Using your analogy every non lagosian should go to his state and develop it 'cos most Yoruba states outside Lagos are grossly underdeveloped (You can kid yourself all you want, you know it's true)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by IgboPikin: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Itohanprefa:
As long as this one Nigeria thing stands, everybody has the right to reside wherever he sees fit as a law abiding citizen, Using your analogy every non lagosian should go to his state and develop it 'cos most Yoruba states outside Lagos are grossly underdeveloped (You can kid yourself all you want, you know it's true)
I ve stayed long at Osun state close to 10 years now, to be sincere, it's only Lagos that is well developed in the South west through federal government money and also being the NATION'S CAPITAL some years ago.

Other South Western states are not developed. Hard truth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by Pleasant01: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
IgboPikin:

I ve stayed long at Osun state close to 10 years now, to be sincere, it's only Lagos that is well developed in the South west through federal government money and also being the NATION'S CAPITAL some years ago.

Other South Western states are not developed. Hard truth!
okay... let me ask you a direct question... can you name any state in south east that is more developed than Ibadan?
Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by flokii: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lagos should be over 70% Yoruba, 30% non-Yorubas from Delta, Edo, Kogi, Togo, Benin Republic etc in search of opportunitues and greener pastures, while other states in South West are 90-95% Yoruba.

Yorubas don't run away in their millions to other regions like some notorious ones do. Only work and maybe education make most Yorubas relocate. Asides these, South West is the best habitable place on earth.
Re: What Is The Population Of Non Yoruba Lagosian? by deboysben(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Population of non yorubas should be btw 70%-75% .

It can not be disputed.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Dr Stella Immanuel Is A Mountain of Fire Church Deliverance Minister / Petition Details Alleged Corrupt Activities Of Tinubu Since 1999 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.