Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" (13982 Views)

Why Can't Edo/benin/urhobo/ishan/isoko Become One Tribe? / Edo (benin) Nairalander's Let Meet Here / Need Help With The Edo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by ben2nice(m): 1:58am On Jun 28, 2015
I'm even a bini boy, don't even Have any of this knowledge about my place....is a pity, well Thanks Op knowledge gained!.
Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by josessybj: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
I am proud to be a Bini woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 7:06am On Oct 01, 2021
Juliearth good morning ma. I got your pm
Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by Juliearth(f): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2021
Mihzwhitesutana:
Juliearth good morning ma. I got your pm

I didn't send you a PM please
Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Juliearth:

I didn't send you a PM please

Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by Juliearth(f): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
[quote author=Mihzwhitesutana post=110415546][/quote]

Pardon me, sis. I sent that PM a long time ago and even forgot I did. Checking your posts made me to remember why I did. I sent you a PM in respect to the "lump" issue you experienced. I noticed same and needed clarity.

Hope you have excised yours and its benign?
Re: About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" by Theplotter: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
yme1:
RELIGIOUS BELIEF

The traditional Edo view, the universe is divided into two planes of existence: the visible, tangible world of everyday life ( agbon ) and the invisible spirit world ( erinmwin ) created by Osanobua.

The creator god, Osanobua, is rather remote; worship is more frequently directed toward the other deities, who are his children.

The most important of these—according to Benin notions of seniority—is Olokun, his oldest son. Olokun, the ruler of the global waters and the provider of wealth and fertility, is the most widely venerated deity in Benin, especially among women who join local congregations to pray and sacrifice for children.

Ogun, the god of iron, is the concern of all who deal with metal, including taxi drivers and mechanics.

Other deities include Osun, the power inherent in leaves and herbs, the special concern of herbalists;

Ogiuwu, the god of death; and Obienmwen, the goddess of safe delivery. Yoruba deities such as Eshu, the trickster; Shango, the god of thunder; and Orunmila, the deity of divination, have been incorporated into Edo religion.E.T.C

This is a proof of Benin as a Yoruba colony

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians / Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization / What Is The Yoruba Word For "Oak Tree"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.