Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook (1855 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / SCAM ALERT: Top 5 Ways Nigerians Get Scammed On Social Media. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Good afternoon everyone
This is my first time of posting a topic here, so I urge you guys to look away any error(s) you may come across
3 days ago, I noticed my ex girlfriend facebook account has been hacked. I reached out to her and she told me how she was scammed by the same person who hacked her facebook. She said the hacker used a different facebook account to scam her before hacking hers. So I asked her what she has done so far regarding the issue and she told me that she went to the police station to lay a complain and she was told to bring 40k before they could do anything. Least I forget, she was scammed 120k.
The issue now is the bank account the hacker used in receiving the money is still active and the hacker didn't stopped with her. Her friend was scammed just yesterday with her (my ex) facebook.

The reason I drop this here is for advice if or not she can get her money back. Pls no insults

Mods please push this to front page, it's very important.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
The money is gone... The account receiving the money is also hacked as well I. e they stole customers atm/phone number and account details to perpetrate fraud.. The bank can only restrict the receiving account number.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:
The money is gone... The account receiving the money is also hacked as well I. e they stole customers atm/phone number and account details to perpetrate fraud.. The bank can only restrict the receiving account number.

So you mean nothing can be done about it?
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

So you mean nothing can be done about it?
Absolutely nothing can be done... Immediately the money hits the account, they withdraw it via POS or agency banking machine which is untraceable.. They intentionally don't use an ATM machine cos of camera, security personnel and all that.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

Absolutely nothing can be done... Immediately the money hits the account, they withdraw it via POS or agency banking machine which is untraceable.. They intentionally don't use an ATM machine cos of camera, security personnel and all that.

Na wa o
What about tracking me phone number he uses. Na WhatsApp d guy dey use and the number dey active
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

POS transactions are not "untraceable".
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

No wonder this POS business is at every nook and corner! That's what all these so called Bureau de Change acclaimed Billionaires do for Yahoo boys so they will not be traceable. Bereau de Change is the advanced name for Yahoo!
The POS guys are doing their own for lesser Yahoo boys.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
The people who should do the job have asked you to bring 40k 'to swing into action', that is why we are where we are as a country.

Block/recover your facebook account first.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

Na wa o
What about tracking me phone number he uses. Na WhatsApp d guy dey use and the number dey active
the phone number is usually a stolen line.. Its a sim card that is already registered. So its untraceable as well., they will block you after milking you..She should report to her bank, so that the receiving bank account can be restricted. The best advice is that we should all be smart. Most of the people they succeed with are lured by greed. The other day I saw a lady that was promised 100% returns if she invested her money, she then put 45K expecting 90K in one hour... Can you believe such story.. The other Facebook story is that a friend that you guys rarely chat suddenly sends you a message about an investment and send you an account number that bears some one else's detail.. All this are fishy, but some people are blinded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruffhandu:

So what can be done to trace the POS?
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruffhandu:

Yup... That's the flaw of the system...Opay, Paga and some commercial banks hand out machines that ATM card details can't be traced.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:
the phone number is usually a stolen line.. Its a sim card that is already registered. So its untraceable as well., they will block you after milking you..She should report to her bank, so that the receiving bank account can be restricted. The best advice is that we should all be smart. Most of the people they succeed with are lured by greed. The other day I saw a lady that was promised 100% returns if she invested her money, she then put 45K expecting 90K in one hour... Can you believe such story.. The other Facebook story is that a friend that you guys rarely chat suddenly sends you a message about an investment and send you an account number that bears some one else's detail.. All this are fishy, but some people are blinded.

I think a phone number that is active can be tracked.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

No wonder this POS business is at every nook and corner! That's what all these so called Bureau de Change acclaimed Billionaires do for Yahoo boys so they will not be traceable. Bereau de Change is the advanced name for Yahoo!
The POS guys are doing their own for lesser Yahoo boys.
Yes oo.. There's demand for POS machines everywhere especially lagos, Ogun, Benin, Edo, Delta and Kogi Axis.. That's where fraud is thriving at the moment. With many unsuspecting people.. But first of all.. It all boils down to illiteracy and greed on the part of people that are being scammed.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

I think a phone number that is active can be tracked.
The guys doing this fraud operate with over 10 lines at the same time.. Moreover even if a detailed investigation were to take place, you can imagine the elephants asking for 40K...Nigeria isn't ready to fight yahoo boys, The Efcc, CBN and NPF are unserious. They don't really care.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruffhandu:
The people who should do the job have asked you to bring 40k 'to swing into action', that is why we are where we are as a country.

Block/recover your facebook account first.

I don't think the facebook account can be recovered again. All attempt seems abortive
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

The guys doing this fraud operate with over 10 lines at the same time.. Moreover even if a detailed investigation were to take place, you can imagine the elephants asking for 40K...Nigeria isn't ready to fight yahoo boys, The Efcc, CBN and NPF are unserious. They don't really care.

You have a point.
But the scammer uses 2 particular numbers, so that's why I think he can be tracked
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

Yup... That's the flaw of the system...Opay, Paga and some commercial banks hand out machines that ATM card details can't be traced.

POS disputes are resolved, this happens between banks. If you ever use a POS and they take your money without giving you value, go to your bank and lodge a complain, your money will be reversed if your claim is genuine.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

You have a point.
But the scammer uses 2 particular numbers, so that's why I think he can be tracked

They don't use a number for long.. They drop it after committing a lot of fraud, then they will start using another number. They know how to cover their tracks believe me.
The solution to this issue is if POS machine can present detailed info. Which is concise card details, details of POS owner and GPS location of where withdrawal was made..
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruffhandu:

POS disputes are resolved, this happens between banks. If you ever use a POS and they take your money without giving you value, go to your bank and lodge a complain, your money will be reversed if your claim is genuine.
when a transaction is approved, you have no complaint so nothing is reversed to you.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

The solution to this issue is if POS machine can present detailed info. Which is concise card details, details of POS owner and GPS location of where withdrawal was made..

So how does one get hold of this details to you just mentioned?
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

Those guys are the worst to meet in this situation
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

So how does one get hold of this details to you just mentioned?
You can't get it.. That's where the Police comes in.. Banks can only view the Transaction details..Whereas the NPF can interface with NIBSS to track the details of the owner and location.....But if you look at the whole process trust me, you will only get frustrated and at the end of the day, you might not get that money.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:
You can't get it.. That's where the Police comes in.. Banks can only view the Transaction details..Whereas the NPF can interface with NIBSS to track the details of the owner and location.....But if you look at the whole process trust me, you will only get frustrated and at the end of the day, you might not get that money.

Nigeria is a failed State
Can't the POS be tracked? Because I sure know that banks are responsible for activating the POS before it can be use for transactions
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ikhure(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
it can absolutely be tracked
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
So sorry for your loss
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

Nigeria is a failed State
Can't the POS be tracked? Because I sure know that banks are responsible for activating the POS before it can be use for transactions
Banks don't Rally activate POS.. NIBSS are the ones in charge.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Olabode971(f): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
moi moi weh enter akamu; no fit comot alive again....

Her money has been flipped to the grave beyond.

#EFCC, NPF, CBN,FSARS,CIVIL DEFENCE, all of them are into this same scamming shit.

1 Share

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Debbierik:
So sorry for your loss

Such is life

1 Like

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olabode971:
moi moi weh enter akamu; no fit comot alive again....

Her money has been flipped to the grave beyond.

#EFCC, NPF, CBN,FSARS,CIVIL DEFENCE, all of them are into this same scamming shit.

Seriously this country is a big mess
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
ikhure:
it can absolutely be tracked

By what means?
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Olabode971(f): 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

Seriously this country is a big mess

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
[quote author=Olabode971 post=91886324][/quote]

grin grin grin

Can I send you a DM?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Bank And Access Bank Abakpa In Enugu State Attacked And Atm Vandalised / Alleged Abia State University Rapists Unmasked? / Video Nigeria Police Training School Is This Training Or Wickedness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.