Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? (422 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / With 8m. Should I Run An Msc Prog., Go For A Pilot Course Or Do Business? / Depressed Man Sets His Bsc And NYSC Certificates On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Jacuzzi55(f): 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
I am currently studying agriculture(300l) in a particular university but i always wants to study civil engineering(i have ND in engineering before going to university ) but as fate will have it i found myself in agriculture which is not bad too but I still have a great interest in my first course
Recently i heard HND form is out which i have applied for it.
HND is a two years course and I am currently left with two years in university as well
Is it advisable to proceed?
Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by chatinent: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jacuzzi55:
I am currently studying agriculture(300l) in a particular university but i always wants to study civil engineering(i have ND in engineering before going to university ) but as fate will have it i found myself in agriculture which is not bad too but I still have a great interest in my first course
HND is a two years course and I am currently left with two years in university as well
You've already applied for the form indicating you are going to run it no matter what we advise you. But I advise you to always go for what makes you happy no matter what people's opinions are.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Coder2Client(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
HND engineering is better than BSc agriculture.
Had it been it's BEng or Btech different case.

With your HND engineering cert you stand a chance to get hired in engineering firms which comes with great package. BSc Agric will give you an office in ministry of agriculture or get a chance to work as lecturer.

The two certificates are nothing but paper which will not put food on your table. Get yourself a great skill.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by GboyegaD(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
If it aligns with your long term goal, please go for it. I did both simultaneously and I'm grateful for it. My HND helped with my Math requirement for graduate school and today, I can conveniently say it was worth the while.

1 Like

Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Jacuzzi55(f): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
GboyegaD:
If it aligns with your long term goal, please go for it. I did both simultaneously and I'm grateful for it. My HND helped with my Math requirement for graduate school and today, I can conveniently say it was worth the while.
Wow
How did you managed the stress?
Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Jacuzzi55(f): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
[quote author=chatinent post=91880233]
"You've already applied for the form indicating you are going to run it no matter what we advise you. "
I have not paid school fees yet cheesy
Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by GboyegaD(m): 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jacuzzi55:

Wow
How did you managed the stress?

The good side was that many students in Ede were doing a dual program in Ife and our classmates in Ede were always cooperative. Thus, information is shared easily. For instance, my classmates in Ede would tell those in Accounting they see for example to tell me to read up this for next tests. Sometimes, they photocopy notes and send to me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Jacuzzi55(f): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
Jacuzzi55:
pls mod help a brother push this to FP
Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi
Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by poiunt: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
You will come out with bad results in both field.

Focus on your agriculture first then go to the other.

I really don't know where you are rushing to.

1 Like

Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Jacuzzi55(f): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Coder2Client:
HND engineering is better than BSc agriculture.
Had it been it's BEng or Btech different case.

With your HND engineering cert you stand a chance to get hired in engineering firms which comes with great package. BSc Agric will give you an office in ministry of agriculture or get a chance to work as lecturer.

The two certificates are nothing but paper which will not put food on your table. Get yourself a great skill.
yeah
but at the same time it seems the government even the private sectors have set a barrier for hnd graduate in the presence of their bsc counterpart
so bsc agriculture might take someone farther than hnd engineering i think
Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by Jacuzzi55(f): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=poiunt post=91916600]You will come out with bad results in both field.

"Focus on your agriculture first then go to the other"
I would have love to do so but age might be a factor after i am done with agriculture
Re: Should I Run Bsc And Hnd Together? by mujibson(m): 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
GboyegaD:

The good side was that many students in Ede were doing a dual program in Ife and our classmates in Ede were always cooperative. Thus, information is shared easily. For instance, my classmates in Ede would tell those in Accounting they see for example to tell me to read up this for next tests. Sometimes, they photocopy notes and send to me.

Running the two won't be feasible if you were in Civil engineering department in fedepe.

I know quite number of students that were able to run it in Mech and Elect.

Civil has the highest number wicked lecturers in the school.

(1) (Reply)

Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? / Lagos State University (LASU) Postgraduate Admission Form For 2020/2021 / Unilag Foundation Jupeb Form 2021/2022 Sales Programe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.