Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,841 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest (2179 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) / Has Any Atheist Come Up With Any Tenable Argument To Support His Beliefs Yet ? / Pastor Adeboye Lays Foundation Of Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Pastor Adeboye said in today's teaching . . . ."In the English Dictionary tithe is described as 10% of someone's income which is paid as tax to the government or religious organization.

It is obvious that people see tithe a 10% of an income that must be paid to the church compulsorily while others sees from the opposite direction.

Christians and some other religions has always brought different suggestion on what tithing is all about.

Those who believes tithing is not compulsory normally stand against by lamenting on pastors who preach about tithing to paid compulsorily because they see it to be an Old Testament and a law which is not meant to be practiced.

See Adeboye's Clarification On Tithe:
During today's Sunday ministration, Pastor Enoch Adeboye stated that tithe payment is compulsory and went further to give bible passages that clearly back up his statement.

Adeboye said most person has tagged tithe payment which was seen in the book of Malachi 3:8-11, as a law.

He said there is no doubt about that, but he made Christian's understanding from the Bible book of Galatians 3:13-14 that we are the seeds of Abraham.

According to him if tithe payment is a law in the book of Malachi chapter 3 from the children of Abraham we are also meant to understand from the book of Galatians 3:13-14 that Christian's are children of Abraham and therefore seeds from Abraham.

Pastor Enoch Adeboye recalled how Jacob excelled greatly after he made promise to God on regular tithe payment in Genesis 28:10-22. He said Moses wasn't yet born when Jacob made a vow to pay his tithe.

He further urged Christian's to pay tithe after he made it clear by telling a story about a man of God who revealed how successful he was after he decided to give 90% of his Tithe to God. Pastor Adeboye said the man has decided to do so because he sees God to be his senior partner in the business he runs.

He said he wouldn't have love to say this to the outsiders but his children alone because many will not understand the message he is trying to pass.

Watch the full sermon on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE8n2rAJA4M

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by OkCornel(m): 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE... NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
So any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
petra1:

Pastor Adeboye said in today's teaching . . . ."In the English Dictionary tithe is described as 10% of someone's income which is paid as tax to the government or religious organization.

It is obvious that people see tithe a 10% of an income that must be paid to the church compulsorily while others sees from the opposite direction.

Christians and some other religions has always brought different suggestion on what tithing is all about.

Those who believes tithing is not compulsory normally stand against by lamenting on pastors who preach about tithing to paid compulsorily because they see it to be an Old Testament and a law which is not meant to be practiced.

During today's Sunday ministration, Pastor Enoch Adeboye stated that tithe payment is compulsory and went further to give bible passages that clearly back up his statement.

Adeboye said most person has tagged tithe payment which was seen in the book of Malachi 3:8-11, as a law.

He said there is no doubt about that, but he made Christian's understanding from the Bible book of Galatians 3:13-14 that we are the seeds of Abraham.

According to him if tithe payment is a law in the book of Malachi chapter 3 from the children of Abraham we are also meant to understand from the book of Galatians 3:13-14 that Christian's are children of Abraham and therefore seeds from Abraham.

Pastor Enoch Adeboye recalled how Jacob excelled greatly after he made promise to God on regular tithe payment in Genesis 28:10-22. He said Moses wasn't yet born when Jacob made a vow to pay his tithe.

He further urged Christian's to pay tithe after he made it clear by telling a story about a man of God who revealed how successful he was after he decided to give 90% of his Tithe to God. Pastor Adeboye said the man has decided to do so because he sees God to be his senior partner in the business he runs.

He said he wouldn't have love to say this to the outsiders but his children alone because many will not understand the message he is trying to pass.

Did this man just attempt to get around God's own Tithing law by suggesting Paul, a man who only happened to be an apostle, changed God's law? undecided

The very Word of God OVERRULED by Paul, a mere mortal man? shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by OkCornel(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
petra1:

Wow! So Jacob promised God he’ll be paying tithe REGULARLY? Why all these lies nau haba?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by OkCornel(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Please can someone provide us with evidences of non-Jewish believers that practiced tithing in the early church?

Note: Tithe was never even money to start with!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by TheFirstOne: 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
The Church like many of we trend watchers will like to describe it is the least prepared institution even in the event of a world running into crisis/endtime/rapture/endemic/pandemic/end of the world. From Iran, to Turkey to EU organisations are forming strategic alliance to remain solidified in their positions and advancing weapons to end this world, and rather than the church to have significant welfare systems, it's money and tithes their shouting about..

Ordinary pandemic they can't cater for the needs of their members..errible leaders leading defective institutions that places great emphasis on just collecting but Shields itself when asked to be accountable.

Are organisations that can't cater for its members worthy of being called good organisations? Ordinary feeding members dring the pandemic is a tall order for many gluttons whose sole emphasis to keep collecting and keep people used as their slave subjects. When the responsibility for service cones,they shield themselves with crpyic sayings like I was speaking to my children

Tithing is purposeless if it's objective is not achieved. The same Malachi that's quoted God said that there might be meat in His House which translates to abundance in an economic situation where resources are distributed to cater for needs not to build an economic tower of Babel of some miseducated entities who are solely desirous of building a godlike status for themselves

The entire governmental order of the world is building advanced systems to destroy the world and it's sad that hardly can any of these churches feed it's member for just a month whereas the scripture says the tribulation will Last for three years and half.

What am I saying in essence,if tithing will not translate to the distribution of resources in a social welfare system within God's House but to the construction of an economic tower of Babel,then it's purpose is defeated. Period

Even if I have 20 Trillion I won't give a cent to any institution that doesn't have a robust and healthy social welfare system for its members. Never

And yes. I'm Born again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Askme2020(m): 10:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
TheFirstOne:
The Church like many of we trend watchers will like to describe it is the least prepared institution even in the event of a world running into crisis/endtime/rapture/endemic/pandemic/end of the world. From Iran, to Turkey to EU organisations are forming strategic alliance to remain solidified in their positions and advancing weapons to end this world, and rather than the church to have significant welfare systems, it's money and tithes their shouting about..

Ordinary pandemic they can't cater for the needs of their members..errible leaders leading defective institutions that places great emphasis on just collecting but Shields itself when asked to be accountable.

Are organisations that can't cater for its members worthy of being called good organisations? Ordinary feeding members dring the pandemic is a tall order for many gluttons whose sole emphasis to keep collecting and keep people used as their slave subjects. When the responsibility for service cones,they shield themselves with crpyic sayings like I was speaking to my children

Tithing is purposeless if it's objective is not achieved. The same Malachi that's quoted God said that there might be meat in His House which translates to abundance in an economic situation where resources are distributed to cater for needs not to build an economic tower of Babel of some miseducated entities who are solely desirous of building a godlike status for themselves

The entire governmental order of the world is building advanced systems to destroy the world and it's sad that hardly can any of these churches feed it's member for just a month whereas the scripture says the tribulation will Last for three years and half.

What am I saying in essence,if tithing will not translate to the distribution of resources in a social welfare system within God's House but to the construction of an economic tower of Babel,then it's purpose is defeated. Period

Even if I have 20 Trillion I won't give a cent to any institution that doesn't have a robust and healthy social welfare system for its members. Never

And yes. I'm Born again
You are blessed.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by jmoore(m): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Tithe is for Judaism.

Christians don't pay tithe.

The only place you are likely to meet a levite is in Israel. No Nigerian pastor is a descendant of Levi.

Malachi was actually talking to the priests not the congregation. God was telling the pastors, bishops that they themselves are robbing God.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
I knew the facts about tithing, and many other issues written in the bible, even while an atheist. I used to debate Christians on such issues as far back as 2003 on this. undecided
I may not have known it to be true but I was able to simply comprehend in English language what was written in the book.

What I don't understand is how anyone who has the Spirit of God living inside of them, even for as long as these so-called MOGs claim to have been born again, does not know of the Truth of God written right there in that Bible for centuries. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by jmoore(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I knew the facts about tithing, and many other issues written in the bible, even while an atheist. I used to debate Christians on such issues as far back as 2003 on this. undecided
I may not have known it to be true but I was able to simply comprehend in English language what was written in the book.

What I don't understand is how anyone who has the Spirit of God living inside of them, even for as long as these so-called MOGs claim to have been born again, does not know of the Truth of God written right there in that Bible for centuries. undecided
Never knew you were an atheist.

Something must be fundamentally wrong with most Bible schools. I wonder how their curriculum looks like.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by TheFirstOne: 12:04am On Jul 20, 2020
Askme2020:

You are blessed.

Amen
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by ibkonekt(m): 12:14am On Jul 20, 2020
these false prophets, pastors and false apostles have come again. we know their masters
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 20, 2020
They should just give us GOD'S PERSONAL ACCOUNT NUMBER and allow us do the rest.
For This is the only option that will lay the matter to permanent rest.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Jul 20, 2020
jmoore:
Never knew you were an atheist.
I used to be one, and I used to love debating Christian ideas with intelligent people who at least admitted they were not sure but were searching.
jmoore:
Something must be fundamentally wrong with most Bible schools. I wonder how their curriculum looks like.
Bible Schools? I didn't have to attend Bible school yet I know now the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant, thanks to the Spirit of God, and I only found God in late 2017. Imagine then someone who claims to have found God and been born again 20 or more years telling people untruths that even an atheist would not have told. Come on!! These guys are not genuine at all! undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 4:28am On Jul 20, 2020
OkCornel:

Wow! So Jacob promised God he’ll be paying tithe REGULARLY? Why all these lies nau haba?!

Genesis 28:22
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

I think he studied the Bible more than you. You should rather listen to truth
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 4:34am On Jul 20, 2020
OkCornel:
Please can someone provide us with evidences of non-Jewish believers that practiced tithing in the early church?

Note: Tithe was never even money to start with!

Show us where the Bible says they should not
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On Jul 20, 2020
TheFirstOne:

You have a very valid point there!
TheFirstOne:
There is no question that God intended and designed His Tithing Scheme, the very same one referred to in the book of Malachi, for the feeding of His people.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Acehart: 4:39am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:

Genesis 28:22
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

I think he studied the Bible more than you. You should rather listen to truth

Years later, this altar designed and built by Jacob was destroyed and he ended up not paying the tithe.

Many people consider the prayer Jacob offered at this altar as deceptive and manipulative towards God, hence the destruction of it. Eventually, Jacob didn’t give any tithe.

The scriptures show that the God discourages vows (like Jacob did). As Jacob matured, he stopped making this kind of prayer-promises.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 4:44am On Jul 20, 2020
jmoore:
Tithe is for Judaism.

We’re Abraham and Jacob In Judaism ?

We do . Did your Bible say otherwise ?

The only place you are likely to meet a levite is in Israel. No Nigerian pastor is a descendant of Levi.

did Abraham and Jacob pay to Levite ?

Malachi was actually talking to the priests not the congregation. God was telling the pastors, bishops that they themselves are robbing God.

Wrong . He was talking to a nation .

Malachi
1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi. . . .

. He also rebuked the priests where necessary .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 4:53am On Jul 20, 2020
jmoore:
Tithe is for Judaism.

Compare the two scriptures beneath , that should give you your answer

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

God didn’t start tithing with Levite’s . He has ministers in every generation who represents him. Tithing started with Abrahamic covenant it was on till the days of Jacob . It only stopped when they went to Egypt and became slaves there. It’s one of the reason God called them out of Egypt to worship him . And when they got out of Egypt God instituted tithes and offering as way of worship . And Levite’s were chosen . Now Christ is our high priest in the order of Melchizedek .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 5:02am On Jul 20, 2020
Acehart:

Years later, this altar designed and built by Jacob was destroyed and he ended up not paying the tithe

Wrong

Many people consider the prayer Jacob offered at this altar as deceptive and manipulative towards God

Yes Tithe eaters usually Don’t accept scriptures

Eventually, Jacob didn’t give any tithe.[/quote]

He did God was even the one who reminded Jacob about the tithe and Jacob built Another altar

Genesis 31:13
I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.

Genesis 35:1
And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.

Genesis 35:6-7
6 So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him. 7 And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

The scriptures shows that the God discourages vows (like Jacob did). As Jacob matured, he stopped making this kind of prayer-promises.

Wrong! God actually loves vows. He wants us to vow and pay. What he frowns at is non compliance

Psalms 76:11
11 Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God:
let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 5:25am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:
However, the word Tithing, when used in the religious context, refers to the Tithing Laws that were defined as Part of the Old Covenant of God as defined in the Old testatment of the Bible. So, lets not now pretend we are not aware of this fact.
petra1:
What some other religions? This is about Tithing as far as Christianity is concerned. We are not consulting Islamics and Zoroastrians for an opinion where Tithing is concerned.
petra1:
Defined in the Old Covenant as a Covenant from a King(God) to His people(Israel). The Old Covenant was a sort of Constitution for the Nation of Israel... as God intended to be their King and they His People. But we know How the story went...

petra1:
Christian are not seeds of Abrahams. Paul never said that Gentiles are suddenly seeds of Abraham. That was never God's promise to the Nations and Paul certainly has no authority to force adoption of all gentiles on Abraham.

Galatians 3 vs 12 14(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. The law does not depend on faith. No, it says that the only way a person will find life by the law is to obey its commands.[e]
13. The law says we are under a curse for not always obeying it. But Christ took away that curse. He changed places with us and put himself under that curse. The Scriptures say, “Anyone who is hung on a tree[f] is under a curse.”[g]
14. Because of what Jesus Christ did, the blessing God promised to Abraham was given to all people. Christ died so that by believing in him we could have the Spirit that God promised.
petra1:
First of all, Paul does not say in Galatians 3 vs 12-14 that Gentiles are made Abraham's seeds -- he does not say that at all. Paul says that because of Jesus Christ, Christians are not able to share in the same promise God made to Abraham...notice how this does not say that we, gentiles, are suddenly made children of Abraham?

Second bullsheet! The Law was not given to Abraham but to descendants of Jacob. Abraham is not a descendant of Jacob i.e. Abraham was not a Jew. Another way to look at it is this, if the Law is to apply to all children of Abraham, then it ought also to apply then, even more directly to the Ishmaelites and we know that ain't even happening at all.

petra1:
Jacob's promise to give God 10% of what God gives him as an offering was fulfilled by Jacob so many years after God had blessed him.

Genesis 28 vs 15- 22
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 . “I am with you, and I will protect you everywhere you go. I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised.”
16 . Then Jacob woke up and said, “I know that the Lord is in this place, but I did not know he was here until I slept.”
17 . Jacob was afraid and said, “This is a very great place. This is the house of God. This is the gate to heaven.”
18 . Jacob got up very early in the morning. He took the rock he had slept on and set it up on its edge. Then he poured oil on the rock. In this way he made it a memorial to God.
19 . The name of that place was Luz, but Jacob named it Bethel.
[b] 20 .
Then Jacob made a promise. He said, “If God will be with me, and if he will protect me on this trip, and if he gives me food to eat and clothes to wear,
21 . and if I return in peace to my father’s house—if he does all these things—then the Lord will be my God.
22 . I am setting this stone up as a memorial stone. It will show that this is a holy place for God, and I will give God one-tenth of all he gives me.”
More than 10 years had passed since he made the promise, Jacob returns to the place where he had made the promise to God, and then made an offering in the place. No mention of him actually paying the 10%. Again, this should not be confused with the Tithing Law that God set up for the Descendants of Jacob, His people to carry out in obedience of His commandment.

Genesis 35 vs 6 - 15
6. So Jacob and his people went to Luz, which is now called Bethel. It is in the land of Canaan.
7. Jacob built an altar there. He named the place “El Bethel.”[c] Jacob chose this name because that is the place where God first appeared to him when he was running from his brother.
8. Deborah, Rebekah’s nurse, died there. They buried her under the oak tree at Bethel. They named that place Allon Bacuth.[d]
9. When Jacob came back from Paddan Aram, God appeared to him again. God blessed Jacob
10. and said to him, “Your name is Jacob, but I will change that name. You will no longer be called Jacob. Your new name will be Israel.[e]” So God named him Israel.
11. God said to him, “I am God All-Powerful,[f] and I give you this blessing: Have many children and grow into a great nation. Other nations and other kings will come out of you.
12. I gave Abraham and Isaac some special land. Now I give the land to you and to all your people who will live after you.”
13. Then God left that place.
14-15. Jacob set up a memorial stone there. He made the rock holy by pouring wine and oil on it. This was a special place because God spoke to Jacob there, and Jacob named the place Bethel.
We know that Abraham paid 10%, once, after he was greeted by the King of Salem, Melchizedek who blessed him with wine and bread on his way back from war.
Then we know that Jacob promised God 10% of whatever it is that God blessed him with, and after many years, Jacob returned to build an altar to God, and was to pay 10% to God who had blessed him already with so much.
Do we notice a theme here? The blessings don't come AFTER the payment of the 10% in each case, but BEFORE, meaning the Tithe isn't as important in both cases as these so-called MOGs like to tell their "children"

petra1:

Story story!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 5:41am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
However, the word Tithing, when used in the religious context, refers to the Tithing Laws that were defined as Part of the Old Covenant of God as defined in the Old testatment of the Bible. So, lets not now pretend we are not aware of this fact.
What some other religions? This is about Tithing as far as Christianity is concerned. We are not consulting Islamics and Zoroastrians for an opinion where Tithing is concerned.
Defined in the Old Covenant as a Covenant from a King(God) to His people(Israel). The Old Covenant was a sort of Constitution for the Nation of Israel... as God intended to be their King and they His People. But we know How the story went...

Christian are not seeds of Abrahams. Paul never said that Gentiles are suddenly seeds of Abraham. That was never God's promise to the Nations and Paul certainly has no authority to force adoption of all gentiles on Abraham.

First of all, Paul does not say in Galatians 3 vs 12-14 that Gentiles are made Abraham's seeds -- he does not say that at all. Paul says that because of Jesus Christ, Christians are not able to share in the same promise God made to Abraham...notice how this does not say that we, gentiles, are suddenly made children of Abraham?

Second bullsheet! The Law was not given to Abraham but to descendants of Jacob. Abraham is not a descendant of Jacob i.e. Abraham was not a Jew. Another way to look at it is this, if the Law is to apply to all children of Abraham, then it ought also to apply then, even more directly to the Ishmaelites and we know that ain't even happening at all.

Jacob's promise to give God 10% of what God gives him as an offering was fulfilled by Jacob so many years after God had blessed him.

More than 10 years had passed since he made the promise, Jacob returns to the place where he had made the promise to God, and then made an offering in the place. No mention of him actually paying the 10%. Again, this should not be confused with the Tithing Law that God set up for the Descendants of Jacob, His people to carry out in obedience of His commandment.

We know that Abraham paid 10%, once, after he was greeted by the King of Salem, Melchizedek who blessed him with wine and bread on his way back from war.
Then we know that Jacob promised God 10% of whatever it is that God blessed him with, and after many years, Jacob returned to build an altar to God, and was to pay 10% to God who had blessed him already with so much.
Do we notice a theme here? The blessings don't come AFTER the payment of the 10% in each case, but BEFORE.

Story story!

Christians are seed of Abraham In christ . Tithes and offerings are eternal principle . If you’re a seed of Abraham you should tithe

Romans 4:11-12
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:
Christians are seed of Abraham In christ . Tithes and offerings are eternal principle . If you’re a seed of Abraham you should tithe
That is a lie! Not according to what is written in Galatians 3 vs 12 -20. undecided

12. The law does not depend on faith. No, it says that the only way a person will find life by the law is to obey its commands.[e]
13. The law says we are under a curse for not always obeying it. But Christ took away that curse. He changed places with us and put himself under that curse. The Scriptures say, “Anyone who is hung on a tree[f] is under a curse.”[g]
14. Because of what Jesus Christ did, the blessing God promised to Abraham was given to all people. Christ died so that by believing in him we could have the Spirit that God promised.
15. Brothers and sisters, let me give you an example from everyday life: Think about an agreement that one person makes with another. After that agreement is made official, no one can stop it or add anything to it, and no one can ignore it.
16. God made promises to Abraham and his Descendant.[h] The Scripture does not say, “and to your descendants.” That would mean many people. But it says, “and to your Descendant.” That means only one, and that one is Christ.
17. This is what I mean: The agreement that God gave to Abraham was made official long before the law came. The law came 430 years later. So the law could not take away the agreement and change God’s promise.
18. Can following the law give us the blessing God promised? If we could receive it by following the law, then it would not be God’s promise that brings it to us. But God freely gave his blessings to Abraham through the promise God made.
19. So what was the law for? The law was given to show the wrong things people do. The law would continue until the special Descendant of Abraham came. This is the Descendant mentioned in the promise, which came directly from God. But the law was given through angels, and the angels used Moses as a mediator to give the law to the people.
20. But when God gave the promise, there was no mediator, because a mediator is not needed when there is only one side, and God is one.[i]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 5:44am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
That is a lie! Not according to what is written in Galatians 3 vs 12 -22. undecided

What does it say

Look at 29. Christians are seed of Abraham

Galatians 3:29
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:
What does it say

15. Brothers and sisters, let me give you an example from everyday life: Think about an agreement that one person makes with another. After that agreement is made official, no one can stop it or add anything to it, and no one can ignore it.
16. God made promises to Abraham and his Descendant.[h] The Scripture does not say, “and to your descendants.” That would mean many people. But it says, “and to your Descendant.” That means only one, and that one is Christ.
17. This is what I mean: The agreement that God gave to Abraham was made official long before the law came. The law came 430 years later. So the law could not take away the agreement and change God’s promise.
18. Can following the law give us the blessing God promised? If we could receive it by following the law, then it would not be God’s promise that brings it to us. But God freely gave his blessings to Abraham through the promise God made.
19. So what was the law for? The law was given to show the wrong things people do. The law would continue until the special Descendant of Abraham came. This is the Descendant mentioned in the promise, which came directly from God. But the law was given through angels, and the angels used Moses as a mediator to give the law to the people.
20. But when God gave the promise, there was no mediator, because a mediator is not needed when there is only one side, and God is one.[i]
Paul could never declare that Gentiles were now Jews or descendants of Abraham. No, he, Paul has no such authority to make such a declaration. If God Himself never said such would be the case, why would anyone believe that such a statement by a man would mean anything?
It took God Himself coming down to install a new Covenant in place of the Old Covenant (Not that the old were done away with), so why would a man be given the authority to re-write the history of God's own people? Impossible!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 5:48am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So what’s your point here
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:

So what’s your point here
My point is no man has the power to make such a claim where God Himself never promised the gentiles a place among His Israel. My point is, If It does not come out of God's own mouth, it is not God's TRUTH.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by Kobojunkie: 5:54am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:
What does it say
Look at 29. Christians are seed of Abraham
Galatians 3:29
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Paul has no such authority to declare such in the first place.
Also the only eternal tithe was the one that God made a part of the Old Covenant. Since the Old Covenant was an everlasting Covenant with the people of Israel, that tithing is eternal.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 5:57am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
My point is no man has the power to make such a claim where God Himself never promised the gentiles a place among His Israel. My point is, If It does not come out of God's own mouth, it is not God's TRUTH.

But I just showed you the scripture . So you’re sayings the epistles are not Gods word
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by petra1(m): 6:03am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Paul has no such authority to declare such in the first place

Do you believe in Paul as an apostle

Also the only eternal tithe was the one that God made a part of the Old Covenant. Since the Old Covenant was an everlasting Covenant with the people of Israel, that tithing is eternal.

In christ all are one . God promise to Abraham was not to Isreal . The seed of Abraham is christ . God didn’t use the word SEEDS But seed . Talking about christ he is also the seed of the woman .

Galatians 3:16 (NLT)
16 God gave the promises to Abraham and his child. And notice that the Scripture doesn’t say “to his children,” as if it meant many descendants. Rather, it says “to his child”—and that, of course, means Christ.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Lays Tithe Argument To Rest by OkCornel(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2020
petra1:

Show us where the Bible says they should not

Lol, all this round about question merely shows you cannot point to one bible reference where tithing was practiced by the gentiles in the early church. Or where it was made mandatory for the gentiles to tithe as you tithevangelists fraudulently preach!

And you’re also yet to show us how tithe (mandatory for the Jews, not gentiles) changed from crops and livestock to money!

The gospel of mammon rides on...keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Allah Is NOT Yahweh, All Muslims Are In Trouble / Why Do Nigerian Christians Support Trump? / When Will Christians Get Sense? I Am SINCERELY Concerned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.