Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) (21181 Views)

Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate / Joe Igbokwe Cleaning Gutter In Lagos As He Begins Work (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Begins Work At NOUN As Students Facilitator (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by MrTeeo: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
I was rounding up service in lambe in 2012 when they started this road. It's 7 years now nothing a 4.8 kilometer road fa. 4.8 not 480km. Who do us for Nigeria
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Abia and ogun state, no difference

They are always blessed with insane governors

The roads being constructed in Abia are concrete based like the ones in Ebonyi, nothing like Ogun state. Most of the deplorable roads in Abia have been fixed.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Kenny9857(m): 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
Born2conquer:

Amosun still tried
Tried for where ?
Dey come ijebu-ode
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

Don't mind him, He won't question northerners for claiming Kano and Kaduna.

he won't question his own people for claiming Anambra.

Mtcheww.

You mean Abuja. Yoruba's claiming Lagos is like Northerners claiming Abuja.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

The guy is from IMO, but whenever Anambra topics shows up or so, they start claming Anambra.
You'll never see him talking about his IMO state.

like say we don't know that Anambra is the Lagos of east, most of those SE guys rush there.
They can only deceive themselves tho.

Development in the east is fairly balanced. You should visit the various development threads and youll see.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by deboysben(m): 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
Abiodun is the worst gov after okezie and yahaya bello.

Abiodun is slow like snail, a weakling being controlled by Tinubu the bullion van drug ballon vagabon.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by deboysben(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ajibel:

What's your problem in Yorubas identifying with Lagos?
but he is saying the truth
Or is it hurting you?
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by sulaak(m): 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:
for those judging wrongly.

The move is just a palliative to make the road motorable.... Construction of a brand new road to
commence after the rainy season as promised by my Governor...

Read before you cast a stone don't be lazy

I am casting a rock at your lazy head. The governor was elected in 2019 so why the delay?
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
hardbody:

If i slap you....

I had to abandon my house there after many years of troubled accessibility. Panick while going home, panick whille coming out. Damaged all my vehicles and those are SUVs. I judge Ogun state governors using alagbole-Akute-Ajuwon-Olambe-Oke Aro roads. The moment you hit Lagos state portion the difference becomes as clear as 7up. Ogun state is messed up

Mr slapper....my comment was based strictly about the road up there....not the history of Ogun state roads....the roads you mentioned has been in deplorable state for more than 2 decades.....until the previous administration commissioned a half done Alagbole Akute bridge while abandoning the Akute lambe bridge project....so I know what am saying Mr slapper......my point is those critizing the palliative measures, misjudging it as a road construction project.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by deboysben(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
Studyinchina200:
Another Audio Governor like Sayi Makinde.

Both guys are big failure.
never compare him with a working gov...
It's an insult.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
sulaak:

I am casting a rock at your lazy head. The governor was elected in 2019 so why the delay?

Mention one governor that simultaneously fixed all the road project in his state at once.......you should have ask him to start fixing it on the day he was sworn in.....since that's the only bad road in Ogun state........Ogun state has a land mass capacity more than Lagos.....but less revenue compared to Lagos.....so u don't expect magic....the last 2 govenors even reason the road at all......
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Seerade029: 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
rdokoye:

Development in the east is fairly balanced. You should visit the various development threads and youll see.

Ehn, so why the problem with us?
at least we didn't claim we develop your region?

Why can't you tell others both north and south south to develop theirs
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by gozie4real: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
nonsense............
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
I can bet you on this. The road will not be completed.
OGSG did same thing inside OPIC Estate Isheri, scratched the ground for 3 weeks, then disappear. Meanwhile, the news media were already awash of news about the project.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by helpfindbolu: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Rat66: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
LukasPodolski:

ifo is actually not in the State capital, not even a top town/cities in Ogun state, what am trying to say is that That environment (apart from the extremely bad roads) is not bad for town not in state capital and not among the top cities in the state.

The rehabilitation of the road looks confusing, because I don't understand the use of big stones, well what do I know, they know better than us..we should wait for them to finish the job.

in addition, we all know your Okigwe, Nsukka, Orlu, Ozubulu are paradise and cities like London Paris Vegas got nothing on them.
[/s]
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by hardbody: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vision2045:

Mr slapper....my comment was based strictly about the road up there....not the history of Ogun state roads....the roads you mentioned has been in deplorable state for more than 2 decades.....until the previous administration commissioned a half done Alagbole Akute bridge while abandoning the Akute lambe bridge project....so I know what am saying Mr slapper......my point is those critizing the palliative measures, misjudging it as a road construction project.

Ok. I won't slap you again. grin
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by hardbody: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Born2conquer:
Lol!! See what my GOVERNMENT is posting as CONSTRUCTION!

If not that we are used to suffering in this part of the world, should as sensible government call this construction? Is this ROAD CONSTRUCTION?

Big stones that will end up puncturing car tires? Big stones that will leave the roads more damaged! Na e we dey call construction?

Who even do us like this for this country?

Come to ABEOKUTA NORTH! Nothing! Not a single DEVELOPMENT since the time of BABAGINDA.

And we have a Government! Dey invested more in PR and photography than in actuall work

And during election some buffoons will collect money, then seat around and drink beer after voting for a continuous perpetuation of this rape of our commonwealth.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by dagbas: 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
NOT UNTIL JIDE BEGGED THE STATE GOVERNMENT' ON LIVE TV PROGRAM JOURNALIST HANGOUT LAST MONTH � � �
Funny irresponsible government.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Ajibel(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
deboysben:
but he is saying the truth
Or is it hurting you?

Sir, What truth could you discern from what he said please?
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Born2conquer: 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
hardbody:

And during election some buffoons will collect money, then seat around and drink beer after voting for a continuous perpetuation of this rape of our commonwealth.

They’re thr problem of this country
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by akigbemaru: 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
ojun50:
Area boys for my area dey do this kind project...... Who give the governor this kind advice
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

Ehn, so why the problem with us?
at least we didn't claim we develop your region?

Why can't you tell others both north and south south to develop theirs

I think you're generalising there, and when the issue of developing or development pops up, it's usually in reference to Lagos. That said, Lagos was developed by Nigerians, not any one ethnic group - if you want to say that. Lagos isn't exactly developed, but you get what I'm saying.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Seerade029: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
rdokoye:

I think you're generalising there, and when the issue of developing or development pops up, it's usually in reference to Lagos. That said, Lagos was developed by Nigerians, not any one ethnic group - if you want to say that. Lagos isn't exactly developed, but you get what I'm saying.

Any state can be developed by anyone if the state offers them better environment.

What will happen if Lagos state government decides to bounce on non indigenes, won't there be mass migration??

if Kano was the former capital, will you tell them that their land is no man's land?

it's the job of the government to create a better environment.
They ain't the one that asked y'all to come.

Okay, now that there are mass migration to Ogun state cos of Lagos factor, will you say it's no mans land?

Lagos is just about 5lg, others were in ogun state before.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

Any state can be developed by anyone if the state offers them better environment.

What will happen if Lagos state government decides to bounce on non indigenes, won't there be mass migration??

if Kano was the former capital, will you tell them that their land is no man's land?

it's the job of the government to create a better environment.
They ain't the one that asked y'all to come.

Okay, now that there are mass migration to Ogun state cos of Lagos factor, will you say it's no mans land?

Lagos is just about 5lg, others were in ogun state before.

Yes, but we both know that Nigeria doesn't offer businesses or investors a "better" environment, which is why many of them prefer to setup base outside of Nigeria, and do business within Nigeria through ECOWAS.

Lagos is a result of government failure. The bottleknecking of the Nigerian economy. Whether it's port access, airport access, and primary infrastructure, for a long time, all of these things were only accessible in Lagos. Which is why everyone fled there. Essentially, Nigeria was, a one-city state. Only recently (since 1999) as the nation has returned to a democracy, has other parts of the nation started to open up.

Well, Lagos is Lagos, when people say it's no-man's land, they're essentially saying it's neutral ground. But given the ethnocentric nature of Nigeria, it's unrealistic to believe that Lagos could ever remain neutral. Economically, the state is neutral, but socially, it's not. Which in of itself is a problem. Because on one hand, you have the Yoruba, who claim Lagos belongs to them, because of it's locale, and on the other, you have a state, that economically, is not in the hands of Yoruba people.

There's no mass migration to anywhere in Yorubaland. Lagos is an exception, just like Abuja. Outside of those two cities, there's no reason for anyone to migrate in mass to anywhere in SW Nigeria or the North. Ogun State has benefited somewhat from its proximity to Lagos, being a relatively undeveloped state, meaning, land and housing is significantly cheaper. But outside of that, there's nothing.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by LukasPodolski: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
rdokoye:

Yes, but we both know that Nigeria doesn't offer businesses or investors a "better" environment, which is why many of them prefer to setup base outside of Nigeria, and do business within Nigeria through ECOWAS.

Lagos is a result of government failure. The bottleknecking of the Nigerian economy. Whether it's port access, airport access, and primary infrastructure, for a long time, all of these things were only accessible in Lagos. Which is why everyone fled there. Essentially, Nigeria was, a one-city state. Only recently (since 1999) as the nation has returned to a democracy, has other parts of the nation started to open up.

Well, Lagos is Lagos, when people say it's no-man's land, they're essentially saying it's neutral ground. But given the ethnocentric nature of Nigeria, it's unrealistic to believe that Lagos could ever remain neutral. Economically, the state is neutral, but socially, it's not. Which in of itself is a problem. Because on one hand, you have the Yoruba, who claim Lagos belongs to them, because of it's locale, and on the other, you have a state, that economically, is not in the hands of Yoruba people.

There's no mass migration to anywhere in Yorubaland. Lagos is an exception, just like Abuja. Outside of those two cities, there's no reason for anyone to migrate in mass to anywhere in SW Nigeria or the North. Ogun State has benefited somewhat from its proximity to Lagos, being a relatively undeveloped state, meaning, land and housing is significantly cheaper. But outside of that, there's nothing.
Aside Lagos and Abuja, states like Kano, Oyo and Kaduna has heavy presence of non-indigene.

Infact Kano and Oyo has more Network subscribers than Abuja.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by translux(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
SOMETHING IS TELLING ME THAT DAPO ABIODUN IS GOING TO BE A CAPITAL FAILURE
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by Solatium(m): 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ravon:

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/07/20/ogun-begins-work-on-ojodu-abiodun-akute-road/

Na curse and swear go kill these people,those Rock's are bad for steering racks, linkages and suspensions.
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Aside Lagos and Abuja, states like Kano, Oyo and Kaduna has heavy presence of non-indigene.

Infact Kano and Oyo has more Network subscribers than Abuja.

Yea, because they have larger populations.

Where did you get your demographics statistics from, can you send me a link?
Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by LukasPodolski: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
rdokoye:

Yea, because they have larger populations.

Where did you get your demographics statistics from, can you send me a link?
The population of Ogun in 2006 census was just a little above 3million, the NBS Telecom stats shows 8million households, which is the the third highest after Lagos and Kano ( Ogun was the second highest last year, Kano experienced little growth this year)

Lagos
Kano
Ogun
Oyo and
Fct
Are the top five.

The 1st and 2nd pix are stats for the Q1 of 2020.

3rd picture is last year stats.

https://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary

2016 stats below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3114368/nigerian-states-number-registered-phone

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Begins Work On Ojodu Abiodun, Akute Road (Photos) by rdokoye: 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
LukasPodolski:

The population of Ogun in 2006 census was just a little above 3million, the NBS Telecom stats shows 8million households, which is the the third highest after Lagos and Kano ( Ogun was the second highest last year, Kano experienced little growth this year)

Lagos
Kano
Ogun
Oyo and
Fct
Are the top five.

The 1st and 2nd pix are stats for the Q1 of 2020.

3rd picture is last year stats.

https://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary

2016 stats below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3114368/nigerian-states-number-registered-phone

Yea, as I said, larger population. It really doesn't mean anything, what's most important is penetration rate.

From all indications, it looks like Ogun State is one of the most populated states in Nigeria, right after Lagos. Which is quite shocking, especially when you consider the size of the economy, relative to its projected population figures. Anambra with half the population, has a larger economy, for example.

That said, where did you get your statistics on non-indigenous living in those states?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu Poised To Make His Mark In Nigeria's Political Landscape - Osigwe / 2023: Presidency Will Elude Ndigbo – Primate Ayodele / Tambuwal Lists Criteria For Nigeria’s Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.