Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me (373 Views)

Download The Bridegroom Cometh By Apostle Johnson Suleman Mp3 (audio Sermon) / "I Ate Human Flesh And Drank Blood To Become Powerful" - Pastor Confesses / UK Probes Nigerian-owned Church ‘where Members Sell Blood To Sow Seed’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by Acehart: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the Lord met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet, and she said, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me." So He let him alone. At that time she said, "You are a bridegroom of blood"-because of the circumcision. (Exodus 4:24-26)

It’s a very difficult part of the scriptures to interpret - verse 26. However, to understand it, we need to focus of Moses and God, not Zipporah’s reaction. The right questions to ask are:

1. Why did God want to kill Moses?
2. What made Moses so incapacitated that his wife took on the responsibility of circumcising her son, a man’s responsibility?

The answer to number 1 lies in number 2: God caused Moses to be very sick to the point of death because he didn’t carry out his responsibility - to circumcise his son. Someone said: This was probably the effect of his being unequally yoked with a Midianite, who was too indulgent of her child, while Moses was too indulgent of her.

So one lesson we can take out of this is: don’t be EQUALLY yoked with an unbeliever in anything including marriage, because our fondness for an unbelieving person will supersede our Love for God.

Another lesson is this: know that God is not pleased when a man tries to undervalue His covenant, and derelict in their responsibilities, just a Moses did. We must learn that: when God discovers to us what is amiss in our lives we must give all diligence to amend it speedily, and particularly return to the duties we have neglected.

Acehart

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Acehart:
Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the Lord met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet, and she said, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me." So He let him alone. At that time she said, "You are a bridegroom of blood"-because of the circumcision. (Exodus 4:24-26)

It’s a very difficult part of the scriptures to interpret - verse 26. However, to understand it, we need to focus of Moses and God, not Zipporah’s reaction. The right questions to ask are:

1. Why did God want to kill Moses?
2. What made Moses so incapacitated that his wife took on the responsibility of circumcising her son, a man’s responsibility?

The answer to number 1 lies in number 2: God caused Moses to be very sick to the point of death because he didn’t carry out his responsibility - to circumcise his son. Someone said: This was probably the effect of his being unequally yoked with a Midianite, who was too indulgent of her child, while Moses was too indulgent of her.

So one lesson we can take out of this is: don’t be EQUALLY yoked with an unbeliever in anything including marriage, because our fondness for an unbelieving person will supersede our Love for God.

Another lesson is this: know that God is not pleased when a man tries to undervalue His covenant, and derelict in their responsibilities, just a Moses did. We must learn that: when God discovers to us what is amiss in our lives we must give all diligence to amend it speedily, and particularly return to the duties we have neglected.

Acehart
Nwanne, this table that you are rocking so. Abeggy go easy on the teeth breaking suya meat nah. Tooth pick no dey ooo.

Zipporah, is the type of woman, every son of God, should pray, have as a wife. Wife, able to step up to the plate and/or able to take action when something needs to be done, even if it is difficult.

Acehart bro, fyi, firstly, Moshe wasn't unequally yolked with Zipporah because it is within his rights to marry her, as she wasn't an Amorite, Canaanite, Hittite, Perizzite, Hivite or a Jebusite (i.e. check out Exodus 34:11-16) and secondly, go back to carefully re-read and take in, Exodus 4:24-26, then have a go, at the "held back" questions below:

1/ Who, giving the name, did Zipporah say Exodus 4:25 to?
2a/ Why were Miriam and Aaron jealous of Zipporah?
2b/ What in regards to Zipporah, circa 2000 years in the spirit realm, unconsciously and indirectly, were Miriam and Aaron objecting to?
3/ What is Moshe simulating when he married Zipporah?
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by Acehart: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hh
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 6:52am On Jul 21, 2020
Acehart, please re-attempt answering question #2 but, do so, in the #2a and #2b format used to ask the questions and mind you, I used "jealous" and not "hatred" in question #2a, I will thereafter properly respond to your posts and shed more light. By the way, I like your latter answer to #1 and equally like your #3 "Moshe was a type of Christ ..." earlier bit answer.
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by Acehart: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Acehart, please re-attempt answering question #2 but, do so, in the #2a and #2b format used to ask the questions and mind you, I used "jealous" and not "hatred" in question #2a, I will thereafter properly respond to your posts and shed more light. By the way, I like your latter answer to #1 and equally like your #3 "Moshe was a type of Christ ..." earlier bit answer.

Muttleylaff, I hope I answer your questions correctly undecided:

1. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet, and she said, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me." So He let him alone. At that time she said, "You are a bridegroom of blood"-because of the circumcision.

The pronoun “You” (in my NASB) appears twice and the pronoun “He” and “Him” appears once. The proliferation of pronouns makes any answer subjective because there are no definitives in this verse. One maybe be tempted to say, she was referring to Moshe; but I’ll carefully say she was speaking to Moshe’s God - (At that time she said to “He” who let “him“ alone). Moshe’s God, in this narrative, is the only one doing the “holding” or “holding against”.

2a. It seems to me that Miriam was jealous of Moses and his wife; while Aaron was jealous of Moses.

Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. (Solomon 1:6)

Zipporah was an Ethiopian (Cushite) or called an Ethiopian because of her black skin. To know why Miriam was jealous lies in her words: "Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us as well?"

Inferring from Solomon 1:6, Zipporah had become one of the keepers of the vineyard which Miriam and Aaron also kept; Zipporah may have become influential in the direction Israel took through their sojourn in the wilderness (Her father was influential in Moses’ decision-making, and her brother also was influential in how Israel moved through the wilderness - Number 10:29), playing a prophetic role as well; which irked Miriam. This Cushite may have been more conspicuous in the camp, by deed and by complexion; so that, attention towards Miriam waned, and led to the sentiment: "Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us as well?" She was no longer treated like the first rank among the women of Israel (Exo.15:20-21) she once was; Zipporah was ‘making a foray’ into her position.

Aaron too may have felt this way but he is a man whom the record shows he doesn’t initiate anything until he is instigated.

But the jealousy towards Zipporah seems like a smoke-screen to the real issue - they were jealous of Moses - they thought Moses was running a one-man show.

2b/ What in regards to Zipporah, circa 2000 years in the spirit realm, unconsciously and indirectly, were Miriam and Aaron objecting to?

2b. I am not familiar with the chronological progression of Israel; what 2000 years from Moses’ time is, I don’t know. However, if the time between Moses’ existence and Jesus’ earthly sojourn is about 2000 years, then the spiritual interpretation of the action of the siblings is this:

The Gospel of Matthew is ordered like the Pentateuch - in five sections. The corresponding part of the Gospel of Matthew in relation to this event in the Pentateuch is: The Discourse on the Church. The discourse emphasizes the importance of humility and self-sacrifice as the high virtues within the anticipated community. It teaches that in the Kingdom of God, it is childlike humility that matters, not social prominence and clout - Moses understood this (Num. 12:3) but not Miriam nor her elder brother.

The general theme of the discourse is the anticipation of a future community of followers, and the role of his apostles in leading it. Miriam’s and Aaron’s dissenting opinion could have affected the future generation of Israel who were to enter into the promised land. They were unconsciously objecting to the future church and the true meaning of the “Kingdom of God”.

The simulation is this: Moses was a type of Christ; his marriage to Zipporah typified Jesus’ Union with the Apostles in the building of the Church of God.

1 Share

Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by Acehart: 7:42am On Jul 30, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Are you on strike?
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2020
Acehart:
Are you on strike?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12030644_obasanjo21_jpegbbebeceded685538ab0f5208d0a860c8
You must have access to some tea leaves, except how would you know "I am strike" if not that you have. Just joking. Yes, I am and by God's will, I will be active as from Monday next coming
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 8:01am On Jul 31, 2020
Acehart, just to give you a foretaste and/or sample of what my response will be.

Moses had the revelation and so he married a non Israelite and secondly Zipporah, right from circa 2000 years before the Apostles, disciples, first century or early believers up to date, up to the present time or up to now, had the epiphany first, who God (i.e. God the Son, Jesus Christ, God incarnate) really is and what He is about.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
double post
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
double post
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
double post
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Acehart:

1. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at God's feet, and then she said to Him, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me." So He let him alone. At that time she said, "You are a bridegroom of blood"-because of the circumcision.

The pronoun “You” (in my NASB) appears twice and the pronoun “He” and “Him” appears once. The proliferation of pronouns makes any answer subjective because there are no definitives in this verse. One maybe be tempted to say, she was referring to Moshe; but I’ll carefully say she was speaking to Moshe’s God - (At that time she said to “He” who let “him“ alone). Moshe’s God in this narrative is the only one doing the “holding” or “holding against”.
In Exodus 4:25-26, the pronoun “You” (i.e. in the NASB) appears twice, the pronoun “He” and “him” appears once.

You are right that Zipporah, after performing the circumsion on their son, first threw the foreskin at His feet, then said about God, affirming that, He is a bridegroom of blood to her, at which, subsequently, God let him alone or spared his life (i.e. spared the life of Moshe's son). She had that satori that He is Jesus Christ

Reading Exodus chapter 4 contextually put things in their proper perspective

Acehart:

2a. It seems to me that Miriam was jealous of Moses and his wife; while Aaron was jealous of Moses.
"1Then Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because of the Cushite woman he had married, for he had taken a Cushite wife.
2“Does the LORD speak only through Moses?” they said. “Does He not also speak through us?” And the LORD heard this
"
- Numbers 12:1-2

It's from the exposure of Zipporah, being a pastor/priest's one of seven daughters (i.e. the daughter of Reuel/Jethro/Hobab, the priest and prince of Midian) and that her privy to the knowledge of the details of the Bridegroom, obtained likely from divining, as a result of past interacts with Moses, that made her have the understanding, revelation of who the Bridegroom of blood is, have the know how and capability to carry the circumcision

Numbers 12:1-2, is informing us that, Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because of wife, the Cushite woman, an outsider. Zipporah is an archetype, a typical example of the Gentiles, who 2000 years will be grafted into the fold based on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. This was a coded language of what was going to happen in the future

Also they were jealous of the Bridegroom revelation Zipporah received (i.e. Numbers 12:2), and why it wasn't them that had it

Acehart:
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. (Solomon 1:6)

Zipporah was an Ethiopian (Cushite) or called an Ethiopian because of her black skin. To know why Miriam was jealous lies in her words: "Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us as well?"

Inferring from Solomon 1:6, Zipporah had become one of the keepers of the vineyard which Miriam and Aaron also kept; Zipporah may have become influential in the direction Israel took through their sojourn in the wilderness (Her father was influential in Moses’ decision-making, and her brother also was influential in how Israel moved through the wilderness - Number 10:29), playing a prophetic role as well; which irked Miriam. The Cushite may have been more conspicuous in the camp, by deed and by complexion; hence, attention towards Miriam waned, and led the sentiment: "Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us as well?" She was no longer treated like the first rank among the women of Israel (Exo.15:20-21) she once was; Zipporah was ‘making a foray’ into her position.

Aaron too may have felt this way but he is a man whom the record shows wouldn’t initiate anything until he is instigated.

But the jealousy towards Zipporah seems like a smoke-screen to the real issue - they were jealous of Moses - they thought Moses was running a one-man show.
The shepherdess in Song of Solomon 1:5-6 is not a naturally black skinned person. She actually is an Israelite, just like the other womenfolk. She is a person of the Levant origin or from the Mediterranean Sea region

The shepherdess in Song of Solomon Solomon 1:5-6, a bonafide and confirmed Israelite, had to apologise to the women, for turning dark and/or for becoming darker than her other fellow light olive-skinned/light reddish brown skinned/light yellow or golden skinned Israelite womenfolk.

Acehart:

2b. I am not familiar with the chronological progression of Israel; what 2000 years from Moses’ time is, I don’t know. However, if the time between Moses’ existence and Jesus’ earthly sojourn is about 2000 years, then the spiritual interpretation of the action of the siblings is this:

The Gospel of Matthew is ordered like the Pentateuch - in five sections. The corresponding part of the Gospel of Matthew with regards to the Pentateuch is the ‘Discourse on the Church’. The discourse emphasizes the importance of humility and self-sacrifice as the high virtues within the anticipated community. It teaches that in the Kingdom of God, it is childlike humility that matters, not social prominence and clout - Moses understood this (Num. 12:3) but not Miriam nor her elder brother.

The general theme of the discourse is the anticipation of a future community of followers, and the role of his apostles in leading it. Miriam’s and Aaron’s dissenting opinion could have affected the future generation of Israel who were to enter into the promised land. They were unconsciously objecting to the future church and the true meaning of the “Kingdom of God”.
Yes, they weren't aware that they were given a glimpse of what the future would be or look like and so they unconsciously were fighting and/or kicking against it.

The simulation is this: Jesus’ Union with the Apostles in the building of the Church of God.[/quote]He was simulating the future union of Jew and Gentiles and the time when it wouldn't matter whether one is a Jew or a Gentile
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by Acehart: 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
In Exodus 4:25-26, the pronoun “You” (i.e. in the NASB) appears twice, the pronoun “He” and “him” appears once.

You are right that Zipporah, after performing the circumsion on their son, first threw the foreskin at His feet, then said about God, affirming that, He is a bridegroom of blood to her, at which, subsequently, God let him alone or spared his life (i.e. spared the life of Moshe's son). She had that satori that He is Jesus Christ

Reading Exodus chapter 4 contextually put things in their proper perspective

"1Then Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because of the Cushite woman he had married, for he had taken a Cushite wife.
2“Does the LORD speak only through Moses?” they said. “Does He not also speak through us?” And the LORD heard this
"
- Numbers 12:1-2

It's from the exposure of Zipporah, being a pastor/priest's one of seven daughters (i.e. the daughter of Reuel/Jethro/Hobab, the priest and prince of Midian) and that her privy to the knowledge of the details of the Bridegroom, obtained likely from divining, as a result of past interacts with Moses, that made he,r have the understanding, revelation of who the Bridegroom of blood is, have the know how and capability to carry the circumcision

Numbers 12:1-2, is informing us that, Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because of wife, the Cushite woman, an outsider. Zipporah is an archetype, a typical example of the Gentiles, who 2000 years will be grafted into the fold based on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. This was a coded language of what was going to happen in the future

Also they were jealous of the Bridegroom revelation Zipporah received (i.e. Numbers 12:2), and why it wasn't them that had it

The shepherdess in Song of Solomon 1:5-6 is not a naturally black skinned person. She actually is an Israelite, just like the other womenfolk. She is a person of the Levant origin or from the Mediterranean Sea region

The shepherdess in Song of Solomon Solomon 1:5-6, an bonafide and confirmed Israelite, had to apologise to the women, for turning dark and/or for becoming darker than her other fellow light olive-skinned/light reddish brown skinned/light yellow or golden skinned Israelite womenfolk.

Yes, they weren't aware that they were given a glimpse of what the future would be or look like and so they unconsciously were fighting and/or kicking against it.

The simulation is this: Jesus’ Union with the Apostles in the building of the Church of God.He was simulating the future union of Jew and Gentiles and the time when it wouldn't matter whether one is a Jew or a Gentile

I didn’t do too badly, right?
Re: You Are A Bridegroom Of Blood To Me by MuttleyLaff: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Acehart:
I didn’t do too badly, right?
You did just as much good, as I did. Acehart, we complemented each other

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Pandemic Of Hope Grips Iran As Thousands Accept Jesus Amidst COVID-19 / How Did You Overcome Fornication And Masturbation? please share / Muslims Only !!! See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.