Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? (1033 Views)

House Of Representative Buying Of Cars During CODVIC-19 Outbreak Causes Outrage / Tribunal Sacks Alex Egbona, APC House Of Representative Member In Cross River / Cyril Oshiomhole, Adams Oshiomhole’s Son, Contesting For House Of Representative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
My major aim is to sanitize the government (Both the Past, Present and the future).
If you guys watched the NDDC probe, you will angrily Switched off the TV.

After Registering at Ward, and probably going to meetings.
What next?

Any idea?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
1)Join a political party

2)Spend heavily for your constitutency or at least be popular for something.

3)Find a good God father

4)Hire tugs on election day to intimidate voters.

Four simple steps

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by TheFreeOne: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
1)Join a political party

3)Find a good God father

Four simple steps

If he successfully followed your advice then his ways will not be pure cos he'll definitely join the gang of Yam eaters a.k.a dishonourables/looters.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Optional09: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kill few people, join a secrete court and make an oat with a godfather
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheFreeOne:

If he successfully followed your advice then his ways will not be pure cos he'll definitely join the gang of Yam eaters a.k.a dishonourables.
There's no other way

That's why we keep producing idiots and thieves as our leaders.

Nigerian politics need an overall.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
1)Join a political party
3)Find a good God father
Four simple steps
Na wa oooo.
1 - 3 are easy.
that 4 Ehn. I'm a complete gentleman

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by TheFreeOne: 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
There's no other way

Nigerian politics need a overall.

It's quite unfortunate and it makes one wonder if democracy is good for Africans. Nigeria is a clear case of democracy gone wrong.

And the masses aren't helping matters as many are looking for ways to loot if given the chance instead of fighting for their rights and against ills in the society.

The country is messed up.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Officialgarri: 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
You want to hop in and sanitize the government?

The first question you should ask yourself is —how will you sanitize a government as a rep member representing one unknown constituency and probably not a director of any board or even ordinary member of the committee?
After you find a realistic answer to that, then you can now repeat your question

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
There's no other way

Oga ooo, but what if I go against those who dey chop our yam like the woman did to akpaibo. It doesn't affect grass root politics?
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
Officialgarri:
You want to hop in and sanitize the government?

The first question you should ask yourself is —how will you sanitize a government as a rep member representing one unknown constituency and probably not a director of any board?
After you find a realistic answer to that, then you can now repeat your question

Well, I can sanitize them through
1. Whenever I notice any form of manipulations or something fishy in the funds being disbursed into the ministers office, I'll bring the notice of the fellow members as (AOB, or matters arrising)

2. I will make sure any of those ministers facing the probe committees will face serious questions and give us meaningful answers.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Charmingrascal(m): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
There's no other way

Just because people are doing it or it is accepted doesn't make it right.

There is always another way, look beyond these things u mentioned. Cheers
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
Optional09:

lol, haba.

No nah.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by techmo(m): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

My major aim is to sanitize the government (Both the Past, Present and the future).
If you guys watched the NDDC probe, you will angrily Switched off the TV.

After Registering at Ward, and probably going to meetings.
What next?

Any idea?

If you have the money simply hire Political Consultants in Abuja, visit PDP or APC office, speak to the securities and they would give you enough Political Consultant's business card and contact select the ones who have headed many successful campaign teams as DG

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

Oga ooo, but what if I go against those who dey chop our yam like the woman did to akpaibo. It doesn't affect grass root politics?
The woman is no saint, just a sidelined rouge.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
techmo:

If you have the money simply hire Political Consultants in Abuja, visit PDP or APC office, speak to the securities and they would give you enough Political Consultant's business card and contact select the ones who have headed many successful campaign teams as DG

Political consultant nah money nah.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by techmo(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

1. Whenever I notice any form of manipulations or something fishy in the funds being disbursed into the ministers office, I'll bring the notice of the fellow members as (AOB, or matters arrising)

2. I will make sure any of those ministers facing the probe committees will face serious questions and give us meaningful answers.

You only have oversight functions only on Committee they put you in and trust me nobody puts just anyone in house Committees

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The woman is no saint, just a sidelined rouge.

Anyways, we can make a difference.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by ThatFairGuy: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
1)Join a political party
3)Find a good God father
Four simple steps
Chai

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by samincredible44(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
1)Join a political party
3)Find a good God father
Four simple steps
add these two
5)join a cult
6)kill innocent people
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Iamgrey5(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

What happened to Jubril is waiting for you.

You will be sidelined in the house.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by ThatFairGuy: 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

A white fowl out of hundreds black.
This also describe Buhari
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
techmo:

You only have oversight functions only on Committee they put you in and trust me nobody puts just anyone in house Committees

But I can continue to introduce bill and keep bringing into notice some arrising matters that needs to be done.

If they didn't answer me, I'll reintroduce it

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

Na wa oooo.

1 - 3 are easy.

that 4 Ehn.
I'm a complete gentleman

Then you can't be there!
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Karlifate: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
Optional09:

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by techmo(m): 6:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

But I can continue to introduce bill and keep bringing into notice some arrising matters that needs to be done.

If they didn't answer me, I'll reintroduce it

Again you need someone to co sponsor a bill, or better yet second the motion to read the bill in the first place.. how will you even get a single lawmaker to second you when everybody in the house paid Atleast 10 million Naira just for nomination form, paid all party delegates to the tune of Atleast 30 to 50 million to get nominated, they ran gingles and advertisement that runs into millions

They may just Jubril you if you annoy them

Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Karlifate: 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
You may have good intentions BUT be honest with yourself;
*How much impact have you made to your immediate community, as an ordinary citizen?
*Are you spiritually strong enough to resist ALL spiritual manipulations?
*In your family & your businessplace, how much influence do you have there?
*Are you FAT, financially?
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
What happened to Jubril is waiting for you.

You will be sidelined in the house.

hmm!
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
techmo:

Again you need someone to co sponsor a bill, or better yet second the motion to read the bill in the first place.. how will you even get a single lawmaker to second you when everybody in the house paid Atleast 10 million Naira just for nomination form, paid all party delegates to the tune of Atleast 30 to 50 million to get nominated, they ran gingles and advertisement that runs into millions

They may just Jubril you if you annoy them

Na wa oooo

the bolded got me laughing grin
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Karlifate:
You may have good intentions BUT be honest with yourself;
*How much impact have you made to your immediate community, as an ordinary citizen?
*Are you spiritually strong enough to resist ALL spiritual manipulations?
*In your family & your businessplace, how much influence do you have there?
*Are you FAT, financially?

forget 1 - 3 points.
That 4 ni koko, if I'm not fat financially, if I have God father.
them go pay for the campaign etc.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
vikkimimi:

Then you can't be there!
So it takes a roughed person to be there!
but I still believe some guys in that house ain't rugged sha.
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Seerade029: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
A white fowl out of hundreds black. This also describe Buhari
In a sane country, the white fowl ought to gain the sympathy of the public
Re: How Can I Become A Member Of The Federal House Of Representative? by Officialgarri: 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
Seerade029:

1.Then I will ask you. How will you have details of every fund disbursed to every ministry when you cannot belong to every ministerial board?

I hope you heard that woman asking Akpabio which lawmakers were beneficiaries of the contracts?

2. Do you think you can just appoint yourself to sit on any panel because you're just a rep member?

You see, you need a good grasp of the government operations. Every arm and her members has limits. This is to check and balance and a pillar of democracy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: No Amount Of Efforts Can Stop Tinubu As Next President ― Arewa Youths / If I Were To Become A President In Nigeria. My 10 Agenda / We Can't Grow Together. Let's Break Up This Country For A Better Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.