Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge (460 Views)

FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 / Profile Of 'VIP' Inmates In Kuje Prison Before Attack / Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
Perez Brisibe –

Ughelli Chief Judge of Delta State, Justice Marshal Mukoro has decried what he described as the high number of Urhobos currently serving time in the five correctional centres in the state.

Justice Mukoro made his position known at Ughelli, headquarters of Ughelli North local government area of Delta State during the lunch and presentation of a book, “The Great Ughele Kingdom” authored by Olorogun Miller Uloho.In his address at the event, the Chief Judge who chaired the occasion, said:

“We have five correctional centers in Delta State with about 3500 inmates. Out of this number, Urhobos are over 2500.”Describing the trend as embarrassing, he urged Urhobo parents to give proper care and training to their wards to make them good ambassadors of the society, just as he commended the author of the book Chief Miller Uloho for writing the book which he noted would change for the better how people perceive Ughelli kingdom.

The author while speaking on the reason he wrote the book, said he was challenged owing to what he described as many misinformation and misconception about the Ughelli kingdom adding that the true name of the kingdom was “Ughele” and not “Ughelli” after the name was changed over a century ago by the British administration of Lord Fredrick Luguard.Also speaking, the President General of Ughelli Descendants Union, UDU,
Chief Pius Omubaye, described the book as expository, adding that it would help a lot of persons especially Ughelli indigenes know more about their history and retrace their ancestral home.

Vanguard News Nigeria.
Re: Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by LegendHero(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
I’ve always known a lot of good Urhobo people and this is definitely not a representation of them as a people.

However if the report is true, then parent should also help to curb this menace from the initial stage and this is also applicable to all ethnicities.

As the Yoruba adage says:
Kékeré la tí'n pèka ìrókò, nítorí bí ó ba dàgbà tán, ebo ni yo ma gbà.

Translation: It's better to cut the overhanging branch of an Iroko tree while it's tender. If it becomes old/strong it will be demanding regular sacrifice (like gods).
Re: Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
So?
Re: Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by XXXXTENTACION: 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Too bad cry

¿ cool %
Re: Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by IDENNAA(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
LegendHero:
I’ve always known a lot of good Urhobo people and this is definitely not a representation of them as a people.

I thought the Igbo are the only criminals in Nigeria. Just look at these dumbb Uhrobo people who always barge in here to insult the Igbo!

Bookmarks

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by IDENNAA(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Bunch of criminals who are always hiding behind "we south south to let out their hate and jealousy for the Igbo" Make I hear kpim!

5 Likes

Re: Urhobos Constitute About 70% Inmates In Delta Correctional Centers- Chief Judge by LegendHero(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
IDENNAA:

I thought the Igbo are the only criminals in Nigeria. Just look at these dumbb Uhrobo people who always barge in here to insult the Igbo!