Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts (2258 Views)

FEC Approves ₦75.78 Billion Contracts For FCT, Others / N3.6 Billion Fraud: Bauchi Government Denies Allegations, Blasts Premium Times / Infrastructure: Enugu Govt. Awards Over N1.1 Billion Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2020
The corruption scandal rocking the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has taken a new twist with the commission releasing shocking information which appears to implicate a Nigerian senator in a N3.6 billion contract fraud.

NDDC, in a statement by its spokesperson, Charles Odili, on Sunday, said Peter Nwaoboshi, a serving senator, used 11 companies as fronts to secure for himself N3.6 billion contract in September 2016.

Mr Odili said, in the statement, that the contract was the “biggest single case of looting of the Commission’s resources”.

Mr Nwaoboshi is a Peoples Democratic Party senator representing Delta North District, Delta State. He is the chairman of the Senate Committee on the Niger Delta and the NDDC.

The disclosure from the NDDC management is a response, apparently, to a revelation by Mr Nwaoboshi a few days ago that Godswill Akpabio, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, had inserted N500 million worth of projects for himself in the 2017 budget of the NDDC while he was the Senate minority leader.

Mr Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom state, represented Akwa Ibom North-West District in the eighth Senate. Apart from being a minority leader, Mr Akpabio was a member of the Senate Committee on NDDC at the time.

There have been corruption accusations and counter-accusations between the Senate and Mr Akpabio for some months now.

The rift between the two heightened when the Senate and the House of Representatives passed a resolution in May to probe the allegation that the NDDC’s Interim Management Committee squandered N40 billion within three months.

Mr Akpabio claims that the people who are after him are those who are against the planned forensic audit of the NDDC.

“We believe that until Senator Nwaoboshi can absolve himself of his role in the looting of the resources of the Commission, he should step aside from any investigative activity against the Commission,” the NDDC said in the statement.

The NDDC said it has searched through its records and that there was no evidence the commission awarded any contract to Mr Akpabio or any company associated with him.

“From our findings, the person who has questions to answer to the Niger Delta People is Senator Nwaoboshi,” the commission said in the statement.

The NDDC listed the 11 companies which it said Senator Nwaoboshi allegedly used to get the N3.6 billion contract as follows:

i. Noan Integrated Services;

ii. De Towers Constructions & Allied Services Ltd;

iii. Franstine Nigeria Enterprises;

iv. Edrihide Company;

v. Isumabe U.K. Global;

vi. Benchmark Construction & Allied Services Ltd

vii. Millstone Allied Builders Ltd.;

viii. Nelpat Nigeria Company;

ix. Agh-Rown Ventures;

x. Edendoma Stars International; and

xi. Antlers Construction and Allied Works Ltd.

PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately confirm the ownership of the companies.

The commission’s statement did not, however, mention whether the N3.6 billion contract was a single contract or whether there were multiple contracts awarded to the 11 companies.

“The inventory records show that these items were supplied and received on Senator Nwaoboshi’s business premises and warehouse.

“However, some of the items supplied to Nwaoboshi’s warehouse through his cronies, were later resold to the Delta state government, while the others were sold to other states through contracts awarded to him.

“All supply agreements were signed by one and the same person being Mr. Agbamuche Nelson, traceable to Senator Nwaoboshi.

“This is in flagrant contravention of section 58(4) (a) and (d) of the Public Procurement Act. No wonder Sen. Nwaoboshi and his cohorts are jittery about the ongoing forensic audit exercise in the NDDC and are doing everything possible to derail it,” the statement said.

The disclosure by the NDDC management could very well be an indictment on the commission itself, as it raises questions on its own procurement process, as well as a confirmation of the belief held by many Nigerians that the commission is one of the most corrupt federal agencies in Nigeria and has served no real value to the people of the oil-rich region.

Mr Akpabio in October 2019 said the NDDC was so corrupt that people were treating it like an ATM “where you just walk in there to go and pluck money and go away”.

The disclosure by the NDDC could also be a signal that Mr Akpabio is ready for a long, dirty fight with the Senate, which he was once part of.

Mr Nwaoboshi told PREMIUM TIMES, Monday morning, that the NDDC’s statement was merely an attempt to distract the public from the main issue which is the National Assembly’s probe of the N40 billion corruption allegation against the interim management of the commission.

Mr Nwaoboshi said the NDDC’s statement is an indictment on the commission itself, since “a senator does not award a contract”.

The claims made by the commission, the senator said, are false. He said he has no relationship with the 11 companies mentioned by NDDC and that he has not had any contract with the Delta State government since 2014 before he became a senator nor has he ties with any company that has received contracts from the Delta government.

PREMIUM TIMES asked the senator about his relationship with Agbamuche Nelson whom the NDDC said has been working as a front for him.

“He (Agbamuche Nelson) has issued a statement long ago, it is not for me to reply for him. He has told people that he is a Nigerian and has been doing contracts for NDDC since 2012,” the senator responded.

“I don’t award contracts. They are only indicting themselves.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/396647-nddc-says-senator-used-11-companies-to-secure-n3-6-billion-contracts-from-commission.html

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by NagazGeneral: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2020
It is finished. Lobatan.
Anyone who doesn't fear naija politicians should be feared.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Sunofgod(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thieves...

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by realstars: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
We Are On Top Of The Matter, We Will Soon Discover Our Money.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by JAOS(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
expose everything let know those thieves

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by realstars: 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
Sunofgod:
Thieves...
Big Time

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by SaintBeehot(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
He done happen, more details please. We need to scatter and rearrange this country.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Karlifate: 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
2020 is such an interesting year.
Season film go plenty die.
From EFCC to NDDC, d next wan fit be CBN, NCDC, NSCDC or FRSC, as all of dem get "C".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Beremx(f): 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
Before I develop high blood pressure from this NDDC matter, I better watch BB9ja to soothe my body and soul.

I cannot kill myself for government wahala
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by LibertyRep: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maybe Nigeria is truly a fantastically corrupt country.

Kleptos, all of them.
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by baralatie(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Karlifate:
2020 is such an interesting year.
Season film go plenty die.
From EFCC to NDDC, d next wan fit be CBN, NCDC, NSCDC or FRSC, as all of dem get "C".
ehn now
no forget AP C

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by majamajic(m): 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
The rat don chop dried fish given to him to keep by her kindred
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
majamajic:
The rat don chop dried fish given to him to keep by her kindred

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by RTSC: 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
Where is the efcc in all this?
Those clueless impotent mofos.

If it were in America, the FBI would be picking these criminals up one by one as these revelations are unfolded.

Senator nwaboshi and akpabio should be sweating in detention by now if Nigeria was sane.
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Racoon(m): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2020
Akpabio is a confirmed crook.When he cajoled the late Abba Kyari to forced Buhari to second the NDDC, it was certain that Akpabio has been given the opportunity to unleash his corruption to unimaginable level.
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by nigerianrevolut(f): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
ARE YOU TIRED OF THE CORRUPTION AND DARKNESS IN OUR COUNTRY? SEARCH @NIGERIANMARCH ON TELEGRAM TO JOIN THE NATIONWIDE MARCH ON OCTOBER 1ST 2020
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
One bratish girl said to me that her uncle is a senator just to oppress and show off, and I told her straightaway that he went there to steal my hard earned tax he didn't work for. She was electrocuted and mad with my shocking clap back.

Look, those whose relatives or friends are in politics or holds public offices should know that your milk will soon expire as their looting machine will not dispense anymore.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Wolgrace:
One bratish girl said to me that her uncle is a senator just to oppress and show off, and I told her straightaway that he went there to steal my hard earned tax he didn't work for. She was electrocuted and mad with my shocking clap back.

Look, those whose relatives or friends are in politics or holds public offices should know that your milk will soon expire as their looting machine will not dispense anymore.

Gbas gbos
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Feraz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
I thought Joi Nunieh said Akpabio tried forcing her to implicate Nwaboshi when she gave that interview disrupted by the thug?
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by amstamon: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
Feraz:
I thought Joi Nunieh said Akpabio tried forcing her to implicate Nwaboshi when she gave that interview disrupted by the thug?
that joi nunieh of a woman is not clean at all..
Anyways they are all thieves
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by lamentor78(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
David Cameron actually said the truth that Nigerians are fantastically corrupt grin
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Samylekey(m): 5:22am On Jul 22, 2020
angry
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by allthingsgood: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2020
Ehen truth don de come out
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by allthingsgood: 5:26am On Jul 22, 2020
amstamon:

that joi nunieh of a woman is not clean at all..
Anyways they are all thieves

She's the biggest thief of them all
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 22, 2020
lamentor78:
David Cameron actually said the truth that Nigerians are fantastically corrupt grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by allthingsgood: 5:27am On Jul 22, 2020
Racoon:
Akpabio is a confirmed crook.When he cajoled the late Abba Kyari to forced Buhari to second the NDDC, it was certain that Akpabio has been given the opportunity to unleash his corruption to unimaginable level.

Stop talking trash. Akpabio is a cabinet minister on nddc. The president exercises his functions through cabinet ministers. Read your constitution pls
Re: NDDC Says Senator Used 11 Companies To Secure N3.6 Billion Contracts by EagleNest(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2020
Gang of fraudsters. Nigerians should have been protesting by now for these men to resign.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Protest In Trafalgar Square Today - Pictures / Watch Video: Lagos State Test Run First Electric Train In Nigeria / The Preferred And Annointed Candidate Of Hausa-fulani Oligarchs Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.