Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria (830 Views)

JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? / Multi-party System In Nigeria? What's your View / Do You Support A 2 Party System For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2011
One of the things for us to implement to make sure that Nigeria gets a good leader in the future is to abolish the political party system. In this way it will be easier for credible candidate to emerge because he won't have to depend on the cabals in partied to vote him as their candidate.

I've noticed that it's very difficult for a sincere person to join a political party full of vampires like PDP and come out the same. They are usually influenced to think the way they think.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by seanet02: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2011
Then what should we start using? Only God knows when you will start reasoning "LOGICALLY" ODECHUKWU
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Muza(m): 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
@op
are you suggesting the military take over?
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2011
Muza:

@op
are you suggesting the military takes over?

No, what i mean is that people should start running as independent candidates.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Muza(m): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2011
i share your concerns but i think that wud do more harm than good,
Imagine 100 ppl running independently for office of President and say 400 running for Gov.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
Muza:

i share your concerns but i think that wud do more harm than good,
Imagine 100 ppl running independently for office of President and say 400 running for Gov.

Yeah i got your point. But they have to find a way to check it.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by 10cirenoh: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2011
Not possible, rather the people should indirectly ban unproductive political parties by voting them out asap!
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2011
10cirenoh:

Not possible, rather the people should indirectly ban unproductive political parties by voting them out asap!

If you must know. Almost every political party have the kind of sick beings that you find in PDP. That's why it looks as if it's a PDP problem.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by seanet02: 2:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
@afam4eva it is you that proffers this solution of banning Political Parties and Allowing from Participating in the Political Process, you should also be the one to tell us how to prevent 1000 Independent Candidates from contesting for a Single Vacancy?
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by MaiSuya(m): 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2011
10cirenoh:

Simple! the problem is how to get the process transparent enough so that it's the peoples' choice that will then reflected in the final results, which, unfortunately we've been unable to do, so far.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
seanet02:

@afam4eva it is you that proffers this solution of banning Political Parties and Allowing from Participating in the Political Process, you should also be the one to tell us how to prevent 1000 Independent Candidates from contesting for a Single Vacancy?

Until then.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Muza(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
afam4eva:

Until then.
nah, we still have to keep it in mind
and i think independent candidacy will be very difficult to manage,in my own opinion the political party still remains better,its just to instill some discipline in them
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
These parties is a factor of our democratic system, they shouldnt be banned.
Like someone said, we should do our part by voting them out.

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing, too much nonfunctional parties in Nigeria. CPC, PDP, AANP whatever.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 7:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
FL Gators:

These parties is a factor of our democratic system, they shouldnt be banned.
Like someone said, we should do our part by voting them out.

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing, too much nonfunctional parties in Nigeria. CPC, PDP, AANP whatever.

How exactly do you do that. By replacing them with another corrupt party. Like i said before most parties in Nigeria are full of corrupt minds. So it's going to be difficult managing their excesses.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2011
party politics breeds corruption and divisiveness in a country that already crippled by both.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by akoraye(m): 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2011
who is this munbustu? lol, !
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by Mamajama(m): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2011
Your notion that party should be abolished defies logic. What we need is public scrutiny and transparency. Only in Nigeria can you have someone winning an election while incarcerated in jail.
Re: Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
I would propose a new version of the closed ballot: let all aspirants go into a room with boxing gloves. whoever survives goes to Aso rock.

but seriously:

It might work, it might not work. But I still prefer a political party system that also allows independent candidature.

(1) (Reply)

Sai Buhari Roll Call. Set To Be Nigeria's Greatest President. / Nigerian Police Announces A 6pm To 6pm Curfew / Domiciliary Account And Other Scandals: Transport Minister May Be Sacked :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.