Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun (682 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / Nneka Obazee: Lesbian Meant To Be Deported To Nigeria Tries To Commit Suicide / Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide In UK By Jumping From A Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by k2money(m): 5:30am On Jul 21, 2020
A truck owner, identified as Fatai Salami, has committed suicide after his truck was seized by officials of the Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps for flouting COVID-19 laws in the state.

Salami reportedly drank an insecticide, snippers, on the premises of the TRACE after he was asked to pay N215,000 for flouting COVID-19 law in the state.

A source told our correspondent that TRACE officials seized the deceased’s truck from his driver in Abeokuta on Thursday for flouting social distancing order and failure to use face mask.

He was said to have gone to the premises of TRACE and pleaded for the release of his truck, but failed to get his truck back.

According to the source, he had been sleeping on the premises since Thursday until Monday when he was able to raise a sum of N150,000, which was rejected.

The source said the man threatened to kill himself, but was not taken seriously until he drank the snippers and died.

The Public Relations Officer of TRACE, Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the death of the man.

He said, “The man was neither a truck driver not a truck owner. We only saw him there, he sat on the floor and the people asked him to stand up and as he stood up he brought out something from his pocket and drank it.

“We later discovered that it was snipper that he drank. He was rushed to the General Hospital, where he gave up the ghost. The case has been reported to the police.”
Akinbiyi denied that the man was fined.

“He was neither a driver nor a truck owner; what he came here to do we don’t know,” he added.
Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by GboyegaD(m): 5:33am On Jul 21, 2020
Many psychiatric patients roaming on our streets.

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by OkuFaba(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2020
Now that he killed himself, I hope he'll be given a new truck in the afterlife.

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by Stephenomozzy(m): 5:35am On Jul 21, 2020
If it's true,

Welcome to a country where the poor breaks the rules and they're fined or imprisoned,
But the rich steal and faint their way out of accountability.

Rest in Peace, suicide is never the best way out.

9 Likes

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by Taywon: 5:37am On Jul 21, 2020
Being a Nigerian is hard

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by majamajic(m): 5:55am On Jul 21, 2020
Taking own life can't be a solution , now the truck owner can come take the truck free of any charges

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by kennyclassic: 6:24am On Jul 21, 2020
You just have to hold on a little longer, keep working and believe that things will get better. Life is hard, death is easy.

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by illicit(m): 6:27am On Jul 21, 2020
Naija hard

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by popsy2(m): 6:35am On Jul 21, 2020
Chai

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by ifytrik(m): 6:44am On Jul 21, 2020
No source, no pictures, i don't believe this news pls, every body shout FAKE NEEEWWWSSS

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by chatinent: 6:45am On Jul 21, 2020
He said, “The man was neither a truck driver not a truck owner. We only saw him there, he sat on the floor and the people asked him to stand up and as he stood up he brought out something from his pocket and drank it. “We later discovered that it was snipper that he drank. He was rushed to the General Hospital, where he gave up the ghost. The case has been reported to the police.” Akinbiyi denied that the man was fined. “He was neither a driver nor a truck owner; what he came here to do we don’t know,” he added.
I hope fellow Nigerians are seeing how heartless public officers are?

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by anonymuz(m): 6:46am On Jul 21, 2020
Now that is dead,who will be using the truck ? Stupidity indeed.

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by skyhighweb(m): 6:48am On Jul 21, 2020
215k as fine how many of them intend to share d moni?
wicked

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by Olabode971(f): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2020
?!!...
Hmmm... am short of words

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2020
Viviangist come and see

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by onward4life(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2020
Olabode971:
?!!...

Hmmm... am short of words

The day sarz jump enter our car

Come begin command N200k with force

I begin ask myself wetin leave house dat day

The way we beg am that day

if we beg bruwadri like that

Him go change finally

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by Olabode971(f): 9:31am On Jul 21, 2020
onward4life:

The day sarz jump enter our car
Come begin command N200k with force
I begin ask myself wetin leave house dat day
The way we beg am that day
if we beg bruwadri like that
Him go change finally

Hmmm..... this country tired me

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by onward4life(m): 9:45am On Jul 21, 2020
Olabode971:

Hmmm..... this country tired me

E blike mid day dream

Any thing Yu do that moment

be like say Yu dey drag gun from their hand...

I was like I dey read this things on nairaland

So nah me today...

Just that say we ride the car wey the new plate number dey house

May sarz matter no ever be the reason we hit front page

In Jesus name!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by Olabode971(f): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
onward4life:

E blike mid day dream

Any thing Yu do that moment

be like say Yu dey drag gun from their hand...

I was like I dey read this things on nairaland

So nah me today...

Just that say we ride the car wey the new plate number dey house

May sarz matter no ever be the reason we hit front page In Jesus name!!!

Amen ooh... my Brother!

1 Like

Re: A Man Fine 215,000, Commit Suicide In Ogun by Manaroms: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
If it's true,

Welcome to a country where the poor breaks the rules and they're fined or imprisoned,
But the rich steal and faint their way out of accountability.

Rest in Peace, suicide is never the best way out.
Na now you no say na so d con3 b?

(1) (Reply)

Soldier Stabs Wife Seven Times For Refusing Reconciliation / Police Place N5m Cash Reward To Anybody With This Information / Governor Wike Declare State Of Emergency In Oyigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.