Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria (23790 Views)

Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / MTN Launches E-SIM In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by AnonPoet: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2020
On the 15th of July 2020, MTN Nigeria announced the commencement of the eSIM technology for the first time in West Africa.
In the explainer video, Fisayo goes into detail about the evolution and history of SIM cards and SIM technology as well as the introduction of the eSIM alongside the benefits of having one.

VIDEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4qnkGGtkM

Some of the benefits of having an eSIM include:
1. Convenience of not having to use a physical cards while eliminating wear/tear associated with physical SIM cards
2. Provides additional medium to connect to the MTN Network
3. Enables ability to connect/link multiple devices e.g. wearables, laptops
4. Potential to reduce international roaming charges
5. Ease of switching between operators - especially where MTN Roaming Partners don’t exist
6. Remote Management of Enterprise solutions

Capable Devices:

Smartphones with eSIM

Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
iPhone XR
iPhone XS
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
Samsung S20
Samsung S20+
Samsung S20 Ultra

Watches with eSIM

Huawei Watch 2 Pro
Apple Watch Series 3
Apple Watch Series 4
Samsung Gear S2
Samsung Gear S3
Samsung Galaxy Watch

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Dalil8: 7:28am On Jul 21, 2020
smiley
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by directonpc(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
Cool
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
We are moving forward
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Minjim: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
Wake me up when Xiaomi has it.
Then I'll buy. I'm not spending land money on a phone

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by AgentGoat: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
It ll soon be available in other low budgets devices.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Oluwapresley(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
Love at first sight!� Even if I hate MTN and the way wey them take dey suck data.

1 Like

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by TangoPredict(f): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2020
Okay so
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Ipromote: 7:30am On Jul 21, 2020
How much
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Slawormir: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Not surprised
We nor go see itel, infinix, Tecno for the list of esim smartphone for now until after like century

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by TreasureJunky: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2020
How will that repair Lagos/Abeokuta road by Kola bus stop towards toll gate?. The rate at which trailers n tankers fall there is alarming, it is happening on daily basis. 3 trailers can even fall at the same time and same spot.. Please somebody should beg Sanwolu and Fashola on our behalf, we are suffering. The road na graveyard now

23 Likes

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2020
darkolo:
you're moving to your doom u say you're moving forward. Brother When you read the books of revelation then you'd know what I mean

Abeg move and pass me with your B.S

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by paymentvoucher: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2020
cool
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by bigstan11787(m): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2020
I really do not see any major difference between eSIM and other SIM if you ask me.

5 Likes

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by geeannah(f): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2020
Nice
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by ArticleBeast: 7:34am On Jul 21, 2020
marriagebyigbo:
Esim is the way

Wow.. Fisayo a Yoruba..

Wow I'm proud of that tribe called yorubas.. They are too blessed..

Officially, it is yoruba that Created E-sim

I hope our brothers from the other side of the country don't produce fake e-Sim for us.. They shud do that for their region... It shud not enter sw or ss ooo..

Watch them attack me... Shaidren of 8...gringringringrin

B4 our blodas start excelling and see developments in their region, they need to vote this man as governor
No wonder you wan turn okpo to babe dey shout baby baby like who breast milk no reach

4 Likes

Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by ogbenicrown(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2020
How can I use the e sim on my 3310 please
Re: Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria by Astrologyfact: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIN-SIM Linkage: Unblocking SIM Cards Require Linkage - NCC / WhatsApp Is Back And Working Perfectly Now / What Is The Best Game You've Played On Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.