Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP (1596 Views)

The Egbema Is A Subgroup Of The Ijaw Tribe. / 2023: Which Igbo Sub-group Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP Candidate? / Atiku 2019 - Which Yoruba Pastor Should Be His VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by deboysben(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Bini should take it..

Edo state has supported yorubas for ages...

They have always shown their support for yorubas be it culturally or politically..

On matter of fairness....Let Bini a sub group of yorubas be nominated and take a shot at presidency...
i disagree
Let iteshekiri be norminated to convince them they are lost tribe of yorubas.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Asgard13:

I been the reason you Benue based on your old post... so you be Yoruba ...
Yes

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
How have the president status help them? Obasanjo is from Ogun State, did that stop the State from hosting some of the bad roads in Nigeria
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by kingzizzy: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
EsomahJD:
How have the president status help them? Obasanjo is from Ogun State, did that stop the State from hosting some of the bad roads in Nigeria

Nobody knows what they achieved with 8 years of Obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by fulanimafia: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
EsomahJD:
Yes he is even the fulanimafia moniker, that minority opinion they are all yorubas.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Christistruth00: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
MelesZenawi:

United that Ogun state keeps producing the VP and P.

Maybe others are not true yorubas..

As long as the person is Yoruba where he comes from is irrelevant , he represents all Yoruba.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Christistruth00:

As long as the person is Yoruba where he comes from is irrelevant , he represents all Yoruba.

Some say they are not yorubas...so why dragging them as yorubas instead of giving them chance

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

Keep deceiving yourself.

No, you're the one deceiving yourself. Why don't you wait until election year before you start using this moniker.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by RichBoy247: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
The following sub-groups have nominated or served as President or VP for Nigeria.

Obasanjo-Ogun

Osibanjo- Ogun

Ernest Shonekan-Ogun

Which Yoruba sub group is eligible for president in 2023

Aworis

Ijebus

Ibadan/oyo

Ekiti

Ondo

Ilesha

Ife

Benin republic

Togo

Since it’s only been the

Ogun Ota , ikenne ...

Yoruba sub group eligible

Ekiti

Ife

Ijebus

Oyo .. Ibadan .

Okun ..

Iteshekiri ..

Giving it to iteshekiri or bini is fair and just ...

This is how generational madness starts.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by splendour7(m): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
I Think The Itsekiri Should Be Considered,they Have Always Been Proud Of Their Yorubaness,and Again Considering That They Are Outside The Sw Region It Will Give Them A Mind Of Belonging In The Affairs Of The Majority Yorubas In Oyo SW(NB:the aworis of lagos are been considered as 2nd hand or inferiors in yoruba by ijebu people and oyo people,,i was discussing with a yoruba friend from ogun,ijebu, he told me that the aworis are not yorubas and shouldn't be considered when choosing a presidential candidate in yoruba land) ..

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by fulanimafia: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
EsomahJD:

No, you're the one deceiving yourself. Why don't you wait until election year before you start using this moniker.

Lol aren't you delusional?

My moniker will be used as I please, and not at the prompting of a confused 5%er.

Feel free to headbutt your gate if you disagree smiley.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by raybaba97(m): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
Personally, I don't really care, as long as he's Yoruba.

However, I feel the Aworis should be compensated some and that the thing should leave Ogun State for a while.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

Lol aren't I delusional?

My moniker will be used as a propaganda outfit during the elections.

Feel free to headbutt your gate if you disagree smiley.

Okay, No problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by fulanimafia: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
EsomahJD:

Okay, No problem.

So now you're talking to yourself.

Na small small.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 3:10am On Jul 22, 2020
fulanimafia:

So now you're talking to yourself.

Na small small.
omo pack, we don see you finish
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by fulanimafia: 3:12am On Jul 22, 2020
EsomahJD:
omo pack, we don see you finish

Takkwalli grin
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 3:15am On Jul 22, 2020
fulanimafia:

What is this one saying?

Try to be coherent please.
as in? grin

Omo forget matter joor grin
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by fulanimafia: 3:16am On Jul 22, 2020
EsomahJD:
as in? grin

Omo forget matter joor grin
fulanimafia:

Takkwalli grin
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by okefrancis: 6:19am On Jul 22, 2020
There is absolutely nothing concern the OP ,Yoruba is Yoruba and they can decide to choose from Ogun State since we have someone that's loyal and hardworking there which yemi osinbajo. I rest my case
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by ojokolax: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2020
Sometimes you read some posts and wonder, if some persons don't sow seeds of discord, will their oesophagus stop performing.
Rather than staying focused on spreading Malice, how about these people concentrate on unifying their people to strengthen their claim?
Shalom
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Joyce95: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2020
Their are more advanced human beings than the clanish Igbos.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by sentio2020: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2020
by Ancestory the Egbas are born to rule
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Christistruth00: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
splendour7:
I Think The Itsekiri Should Be Considered,they Have Always Been Proud Of Their Yorubaness,and Again Considering That They Are Outside The Sw Region It Will Give Them A Mind Of Belonging In The Affairs Of The Majority Yorubas In Oyo SW(NB:the aworis of lagos are been considered as 2nd hand or inferiors in yoruba by ijebu people and oyo people,,i was discussing with a yoruba friend from ogun,ijebu, he told me that the aworis are not yorubas and shouldn't be considered when choosing a presidential candidate in yoruba land) ..

Yoruba people do not believe in or practice the OSU caste system and in Jesus name they never will.

Every man was created in God's image.

The Awori Paramount ruler the Olota of Otta wears a beaded Crown from Ile-Ife .That means he is an Authentic Yoruba Oba.

You can not understand Awori History better than the Awori themselves.

Awori Yoruba History From the Awori themselves

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=885778861522036&id=838450029588253
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by splendour7(m): 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Christistruth00:

Yoruba people do not practice the OSU caste system and in Jesus name they never will.

Every man was created in God's image.

The Awori Paramount ruler the Olota of Otta wears a beaded Crown from Ile-Ife .That means he is an Authentic Yoruba Oba.

You can not understand Awori History better than the Awori themselves.

Awori Yoruba History From the Awori themselves

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=885778861522036&id=838450029588253
what Is OSU?
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Christistruth00: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
splendour7:
what Is OSU?

That is the Caste system where some people were classified as Freeborn and the rest and their descendants were Outcasts including the freed and returned Slaves who were supposed to be reintegrated into their society as equals.
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by splendour7(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
Christistruth00:

That is the Caste system where some people were classified as Freeborn and the rest and their descendants were Outcasts including the freed and returned Slaves who were supposed to be reintegrated into their society as equals.
Thats not OSU!
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Christistruth00: 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
splendour7:
Thats not OSU!

So you don't know what the OSU Caste System is?

It is that attitude that made you set up a thread like this.

All men were made in God's own image.
There are no inferior Yoruba's all are equal.

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by splendour7(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
Christistruth00:

So you don't know what the OSU Caste System is?
ask Me The Meaning Of Osu In Igbo Land And I Will Tell You.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by Christistruth00: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
splendour7:
ask Me The Meaning Of Osu In Igbo Land And I Will Tell You.

Yoruba people do not believe in or practice the OSU caste system and in Jesus name they never will.

It is the System that see some as inferior and outcasts and others as Freeborn and therefore superior in their own eyes but not in the eyes of God.

It nutured an unconscious sense of arrogance towards those considered as outcasts or outsiders.

That doesn't mean Yoruba are saints but Caste System is not part of their ancestral baggage , all Yoruba are equal .
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by nku5: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
MelesZenawi:

All of them are yorubas from him to Arrewa..

All are yorubas.

That Arrewa's own is the most obvious and funny grin
Re: 2023: Which Yoruba Subgroup Is Next To Nominate Presidential Or VP by EsomahJD: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
[quote author=fulanimafia post=91968150][/quote] omo pak!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jos Crisis:was Never A Religious Crisis / Yoruba Nation: How Foreigners Were Paid $500 Each To Protest Agains Yorubas | P / How Did The Delegates Vote ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.