Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? (874 Views)

Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria / MTN Launches E-SIM In Nigeria / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by Dpsychologist: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
I saw a thread in front page talking about the emerging e-sim cards.

For those don't know what eSIM is. Let me share more light on it.

The Embedded SIM (e-SIM) is the next step in the evolution of SIM cards. Unlike the physical SIM, you do not need to insert an eSIM into your phone as it is already built into your smartphone, device or wearable.
You simply activate the eSIM with your account profile and you are ready to enjoy all the services you normally would with a physical SIM.

Considering the benefits such as

1. e-SIMs allow you have more than one phone number associated to your smart device. They particularly useful for people who want to manage personal and business lines.
2. The possibility of losing or damaging your SIM is reduced because it is built into your device.
3. You no longer have to deal with cutting SIM cards or finding adapters.
4. It is extremely convenient for frequent travelers, making it easier to switch between network operators.

I think the eSIM will do a great job in revolutionizing telecommunications.

However most of the devices we use in Nigeria are not compatible with eSIM.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by Kalatium(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
I will love to see this eSIM soon
Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Have been using SIMO virtual sim for almost a year now.
Make sense.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by Kvngfrosh(m): 1:33am On Jul 22, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
Have been using SIMO virtual sim for almost a year now.
Make sense.
huhn
Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by DaCharis2016: 3:47am On Jul 22, 2020
Can it reduce phone theft too? Tired of losing phones to pickpockets.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by Kalatium(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2020
DaCharis2016:
Can it reduce phone theft too? Tired of losing phones to pickpockets.
Since the eSIM is non removable, it will definitely reduce phone theft since one can easily use it to track the phone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by frubben(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2020
What if your phone is stolen. How do you go about activating another one again
Re: What Is Your Opinion On The E-sim Card? by Dpsychologist: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2020
frubben:
What if your phone is stolen. How do you go about activating another one again
You buy another phone

(1) (Reply)

My Redmi 8a Rebooting, Please What Could Be The Cause? / Mi Band 5 For Sale(SOLD) / Techno Spark 4 For Sale(hot Deal)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.