Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou (10447 Views)

Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Repatriation Flight From UAE / The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by ashieduplus(m): 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
Please has anyone come into Nigeria recently through Cotonou?

What is the process like?
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Greenfriend: 11:40am On Sep 04, 2020
Good morning, friends. Please, I'm trying to travel through Lagos to Cotonou to UK. And I have never been to Cotonou before. I have booked my flight since July.
They said I need to be there 72 hours within departure to do the Covid-19 test. But is it possible to come there on the morning of my departure date and pay them? Since I will be flying at night (9:45pm). I have a lot to do here in Nigeria and can't waste unnecessary days there. I can even get a Covid-19 test in Lagos to aid things.
Thanks
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Ahmed4002(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
Greenfriend:
Good morning, friends. Please, I'm trying to travel through Lagos to Cotonou to UK. And I have never been to Cotonou before. I have booked my flight since July.
They said I need to be there 72 hours within departure to do the Covid-19 test. But is it possible to come there on the morning of my departure date and pay them? Since I will be flying at night (9:45pm). I have a lot to do here in Nigeria and can't waste unnecessary days there. I can even get a Covid-19 test in Lagos to aid things.
Thanks

Why subjecting yourself through such stress since the Nigeria airspace is open. Kindly contact the airline and change your route to Lagos, or cancel the ticket (airline) if it's not among those approved.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Greenfriend: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ahmed4002:

Why subjecting yourself through such stress since the Nigeria airspace is open. Kindly contact the airline and change your route to Lagos, or cancel the ticket (airline) if it's not among those approved.
Unfortunately, I booked the flight using Brussels Airlines which doesn't operate in Nigeria
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Ahmed4002(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Greenfriend:

Unfortunately, I booked the flight using Brussels Airlines which doesn't operate in Nigeria

And there is no refund? Check the cancellation policy of your ticket
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Greenfriend: 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ahmed4002:

And there is no refund? Check the cancellation policy of your ticket
I have checked it. Almost half of my ticket fee will be gone if I cancel it myself
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Ahmed4002(m): 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Greenfriend:

I have checked it. Almost half of my ticket fee will be gone if I cancel it myself

Then get the PCR test done in Lagos. That would be much easier for you.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by ashieduplus(m): 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hi everyone.

Please when we pass through Cotonou do we get our passport stamped? I mean the Seme border?

Thanks.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2020
Officially, the border is closed, so there would be no one at the border to stamp your passport. Are you flying out of Cotonou Airport?
ashieduplus:
Hi everyone.

Please when we pass through Cotonou do we get our passport stamped? I mean the Seme border?

Thanks.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by ashieduplus(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
ottiz:
Officially, the border is closed, so there would be no one at the border to stamp your passport. Are you flying out of Cotonou Airport?

No. Coming in.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2020
Then you just have to only worry about crossing the border.
ashieduplus:

No. Coming in.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by ashieduplus(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
ottiz:
Then you just have to only worry about crossing the border.

I need the stamp for my Tier 2 dependant visa application. How do I prove to the ECO that I came into Nigeria for my wedding?

That is the main issue.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
You can only get that legally by flying into Nigeria via Abuja or Lagos for now. Seme border is officially locked, so you cannot legally get an entry stamp into Nigeria via that route.

If you must come into Nigeria through Cotonou, then you may have to inquire more from NIS officer that you know.
ashieduplus:

I need the stamp for my Tier 2 dependant visa application. How do I prove to the ECO that I came into Nigeria for my wedding?

That is the main issue.
Re: Information About Repatriation Flight And How To Travel From Cotonou by LyfeJennings(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2022
Greenfriend:
Thanks

Why did U send me a PM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Got The Opportunity To Travel To Finland. / Let's Talk About Qatar / What Is The Meaning Of "Is English Your First Language"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.