Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings (10961 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by playahP(m): 2:36am On Oct 09, 2011
Chachangi Airwaaaayysss Ooooh

i booked an Arik airline to abuja on monday but i didnt book a return flight cos i wasnt sure how long i would stay there.
Luckily for me, i met my boss that same monday and i decided to come back on tuesday.

Tuesday morning:
got to the airport and chachangi was the only airline going to lagos then.
I paid for for 2 ( my colleague and i). after minutes of delay, we got into a really dirty plane,  the plane being dirty is the good part,

we were not up to 30 people in the plane. i found it weird but i kept my cool.
In air, the plane was galloping more than a molue and at a certain point, it start clinging to the right and droping rapidly,   I HAVE NEVER PRAYED SO HARD IN MY LIFE,
I later discovered that chachangi has only one plane and that was the one i entered.

I WANT TO APPEAL TO OTHER FLYERS TO AVOID CHACHANGI,  EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONLY PLANE FLYING IN THE WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by noblegas2(m): 2:57am On Oct 09, 2011
=))=DLaffº˚˚°º≈Wanº˚˚°º≈Scatterº˚˚°Maiº≈º˚˚°º≈Blockossº˚˚°º≈=D=)) !
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Dyt(f): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2011
Buhahaaaaaahahahahaahaa
atleast u landed safely
cheers
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by chelseabmw(m): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by llbhuds: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
na wa ooooooo
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2011
IRS airlines too. . .was on a Yola bound flight once. Cant understand what FAAN regulates really
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Kx: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
And we have aviation regulators abi?
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
next time, ask TB Joshua before embarking on such a dangerous flight. you could end up like the eagles!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Kx: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2011
webdezzi:

next time, ask TB Joshua before embarking on such a dangerous flight. you could end up like the eagles!
TB may not "vision" this o. its not related to football!
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Madcow(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2011
@op. Stop making noise!!!!

How many fatal accidents has the NCAA recorded to Chanchangi?
It's people like you that damage Nigeria's aviation industry!
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by God2man(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
playah P:

Chachangi Airwaaaayysss Ooooh

i booked an Arik airline to abuja on monday but i didnt book a return flight cos i wasnt sure how long i would stay there.
Luckily for me, i met my boss that same monday and i decided to come back on tuesday.

Tuesday morning:
got to the airport and chachangi was the only airline going to lagos then.
I paid for for 2 ( my colleague and i). after minutes of delay, we got into a really dirty plane,  the plane being dirty is the good part,

we were not up to 30 people in the plane. i found it weird but i kept my cool.
In air, the plane was galloping more than a molue and at a certain point, it start clinging to the right and droping rapidly,   I HAVE NEVER PRAYED SO HARD IN MY LIFE,
I later discovered that chachangi has only one plane and that was the one i entered.

I WANT TO APPEAL TO OTHER FLYERS TO AVOID CHACHANGI,  EVEN IF THEY ARE THE ONLY PLANE FLYING IN THE WORLD.
Praise the Lord! It is good to have a GOD you can always call on, if there is danger. I congratulate you. Our God is Good all the time. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
Madcow:

Who's the noisemaker? Someone had a bad experience and is here to warn others, abi na when im die u 1 make im post am?
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
God2man:

Praise the Lord! It is good to have a GOD you can always call on, if there is danger. I congratulate you. Our God is Good all the time. God bless you. God2man.
Read my tag below. It might help you
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by kennykay(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2011
Sorry for the bad experience!

Chachangi has more than one aircraft - maybe you travelled in one of their old aircraft.

Also, the weather can be terrible atimes causing turbulence in the air.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Okijajuju1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2011
Chachangi is by far the most disorganized airline in Nigeria,

I remember my last flight with them from Lagos to Owerri (then PHC airport was closed for maintainance), I remember searching for Arik, Aero and Virgin and none was avaliable so the last option was Chachangi, For starters, I went to the ticket stand to purchase a ticket and was told that the aircraft was fully booked, Just when I was about to resign and go look for a hotel for the night, one of the Chachangi staff pulls me to the side and says their is a ticket avaliable but at an inflated rate, I was desperate so I paid, Problem was it wasnt my name on the ticket and I tried to complain to the man that for accountability reasons it wasnt safe as my name wasnt in the manifest and he just shrugged me off and said I either fly or leave,
Now what I realized was that they had outsourced their tickets to touts who where busy selling Chachangi tickets in front of the airport, Now it was time to board and on the Airport Tarmac were two planes both heading to Owerri and both scheduled to take off at the same time. They just ushed us out unto the tarmac, told us to join any of the queues after identifying our luggages, And that was how we boarded the plane "Molue-style", No kidding!! If any of those planes had gone down, there would have been no way to identify everybody onboard the downed aircraft because the names on the manifest didnt correspond with the passengers on board, The aircraft looked like crap although I must confess that the flight was smooth from take-off to landing and the on-board food wasnt that bad,

But that said, I will never fly with Chachangi ever again, Not even as a last option.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by r231(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2011
webdezzi:

hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Madcow(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2011
musKeeto:

Who's the noisemaker? Someone had a bad experience and is here to warn others, abi na when im die u 1 make im post am?

Noisemakers = playah P & musKeeto

I bet you do not fly regularly, Anyway, it is not wise to air ignorant opinions as ignorance is never celebrated!
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Jarus(m): 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
Last time I flew Chachangi was 2009 or so, Lagos to Kaduna. It was for personaltrip I think, as officially, my company doesn't allow use of Chachangi.
Very disorganized. Online booking(as at then at least) was not available.
Ticketing system etc was very poor.

But I heard they have the best array of pilot in the industry. Another thing running for them is they don't have a record of mishaps.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
if the poster had this same experience with emirates airline, i don't think he'll be posting that here. Even, when there were not regulators in the aviation industry, chanchangi has a zero-accident statistics. So, mr man, its very normal for you to experience turbulence in flight. You have no case.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by martin123: 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
the poster said it all, i experience same two decembers ago, it was terrible i prayed to get down
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Sunofgod(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2011
Make sure you do 'thanksgiving'

You were nearly a gonna -
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2011
Okija_juju:

Chachangi is by far the most disorganized airline in Nigeria,

I remember my last flight with them from Lagos to Owerri (then PHC airport was closed for maintainance),  I remember searching for Arik, Aero and Virgin and none was avaliable so the last option was Chachangi,  For starters, I went to the ticket stand to purchase a ticket and was told that the aircraft was fully booked,  Just when I was about to resign and go look for a hotel for the night, one of the Chachangi staff pulls me to the side and says their is a ticket avaliable but at an inflated rate,  I was desperate so I paid,  Problem was it wasnt my name on the ticket and I tried to complain to the man that for accountability reasons it wasnt safe as my name wasnt in the manifest and he just shrugged me off and said I either fly or leave,
Now what I realized was that they had outsourced their tickets to touts who where busy selling Chachangi tickets in front of the airport,  Now it was time to board and on the Airport Tarmac were two planes both heading to Owerri and both scheduled to take off at the same time. They just ushed us out unto the tarmac, told us to join any of the queues after identifying our luggages,  And that was how we boarded the plane "Molue-style",  No kidding!! If any of those planes had gone down, there would have been no way to identify everybody onboard the downed aircraft because the names on the manifest didnt correspond with the passengers on board,  The aircraft looked like crap although I must confess that the flight was smooth from take-off to landing and the on-board food wasnt that bad,  

But that said, I will never fly with Chachangi ever again,  Not even as a last option.

how do you expect the manifest to contain the actual names of the passengers? when uninformed people like giving false names when checking-in, and thats why it has become mandatory now for every passengers to check-in with a valid ID card.
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by POTUT(m): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
I have flown chanchangi once, and only once in 2003. Apart from the accent (which occurred in about five stages, each time settling and seeming like it would descend, only to try another accent), the entire flight was smooth from PH to Lagos.

I don't think they have compromised safety in any tangible or significant way in the last decade they have been operating. I have heard and believe that their pilots are really very experienced.

They have actually recorded some violent landings (crash/belly landings), but again, the manner in which the pilots on those occasions handled the aircraft was commendable and worth praising.

I haven't flown them again since then simply because they are not just ready to take their ticketing online.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by amblors(m): 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
ur post funny die. molue with wings, lmao
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by engrj(m): 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
smiley
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2011
Madcow:

Noisemakers = playah P & musKeeto

I bet you do not fly regularly, Anyway, it is not wise to air ignorant opinions as ignorance is never celebrated!    

Wish you took that advice.

Lol@ I bet you do not fly regularly. I'm Muskeeto for god's sake. cheesy
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by pinkrex(m): 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2011
How much was the fair?
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2011
enitan2002:

how do you expect the manifest to contain the actual names of the passengers? when uninformed people like giving false names when checking-in, and thats why it has become mandatory now for every passengers to check-in with a valid ID card.

My dear you just dont get it,

I said I bought my ticket from a tout with a name already on it. Nobody else bothered to check my ticket or name if they corresponded, noy even when they checked-in my luggage, There were touts selling chachangi tickets in front of MMA (old local) that day, And since they were boarding two aircrafts at the same time to the same destination, they didnt even have an accurate list of who was on which aircraft, both aircrafts were boarding simultaneously and when one filled up, passengers on that queue were diverted to the next, Thats very disorganized if you ask me,

You will never be able to purchase an Arik ticket from a third party vendor,
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by MrCork17: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2011
only in Nigeria.     do  they jump-start the plane to fly? undecided
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by shadrach77: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2011
they are still better than arik air and dana  grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by feyiona(m): 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2011
Chachangi are they still flying tot all there planes have been used for scrap metals. Those planes are flying death traps.

Madcow:

So what you are waiting for is for them to kill people before they are grounded typical nigerian
Re: Beware Of Chachangi Airways: Their Plane Is A Molue With Wings by Princek12(m): 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2011
A lot of those fly-by-night airlines by used, out-of-commission airplanes from airlines in Europe and America. I predict more fly-by-night airlines will spring up in the near future, now that many European and American airlines are upgrading their fleet to meet 21st century technology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Impact Of Apapa Gridlock On The Economy / Azman Air Halts Flights To Kaduna After Gun Attack / Ethiopian Air-backed Carrier To Start In Nigeria By October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.