Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? (984 Views)

Okechukwu Osuji Extradited From Malaysia After Being Found Guilty Of Scam / Lawyers In The House, Am I Guilty Of Rape In This Situation? / Did I Really Rape Her? I'm Confused? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
So on Monday precisely, I went to this gas station to refill a 6kg cylinder. After making payment, I told the security standing at the filling spot that I quickly wanted to withdraw some cash from a nearby bank ( also wanted to buy a gadget) so he said I could go but I shouldn't stay long.

So when I got back after an hour or so, my cylinder was nowhere to be found. I explained to the manager and when the security arrived, he said he no longer knows where the cylinder was.

That was how the whole issue started, there was an old cylinder, i mean very old n rough one left at their pavilion. I was then told that perhaps someone went with mine and left the other rough one. They suggested I sud go with the rough one, and I said no, I can't take someone else's property.

When they started telling me gibberish, I went to the nearby Police Station to complain and an officer was asked to go with me.

To call to story short, the Manager finally called the MD and when the MD came, he said I should go with the rough one and if they couldn't find mine till today, I should come get a new one. That was how I left with the police officer.

When I got there today, the manager called MD, what I heard after the call was that she (manager) told one of her colleagues that MD asked them to buy me another cylinder (they produce and sell cylinders in this company).

I was finally given a new one, but I'm having this doubtful mind that perhaps I shouldn't have collected it or something.

Please house, help clear my conscience, did I do something wrong by collecting it, having heard the MD said the security and the Manager would pay for it?

Should I have just overlooked the matter right from time?
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Righteousness89(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nothing Wrong Sis!

When something goes wrong, Someone needs to take Responsibility of it!

The Security guy didn't deny that you left the cylinder in his Care! Or did he?

I see Nothing Wrong ,Except your Conscience Pricks u to leave it for them!
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Nothing Wrong Sis!

When something goes wrong, Someone needs to take Responsibility of it!

The Security guy didn't deny that you left the cylinder in his Care! Or did he?

I see Nothing Wrong ,Except your Conscience Pricks u to leave it for them!
Awww...Yea he did not deny, he even told the Officer. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by kingvick09(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ollyb10:
So on Monday precisely, I went to this gas station to refill a 6kg cylinder. After making payment, I told the security standing at the filling spot that I quickly wanted to withdraw some cash from a nearby bank ( also wanted to buy a gadget) so he said I could go but I shouldn't stay long.

So when I got back after an hour or so, my cylinder was nowhere to be found. I explained to the manager and when the security arrived, he said he no longer knows where the cylinder was.

That was how the whole issue started, there was an old cylinder, i mean very old n rough one left at their pavilion. I was then told that perhaps someone went with mine and left the other rough one. They suggested I sud go with the rough one, and I said no, I can't take someone else's property.

When they started telling me gibberish, I went to the nearby Police Station to complain and an officer was asked to go with me.

To call to story short, the Manager finally called the MD and when the MD came, he said I should go with the rough one and if they couldn't find mine till today, I should come get a new one. That was how I left with the police officer.

When I got there today, the manager called MD, what I heard after the call was that she (manager) told one of her colleagues that MD asked them to buy me another cylinder (they produce and sell cylinder in this company).

I was finally given a new one, but I'm having this doubtful mind that perhaps I shouldn't have collected it or something.

Please house, help clear my conscience, did I do something wrong by collecting it, having heard the MD said the security and the Manager would pay for it?

NOTHING WRONG..... BUT THE PERSON THAT STOLE YOURS MUST SUFFER
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
kingvick09:

NOTHING WRONG..... BUT THE PERSON THAT STOLE YOURS MUST SUFFER
AMEN....Thanks sir
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by kingvick09(m): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
THAT WAS HOW MY BICYLE WAS STOLEN AT IKOTUN GTBANK THAT YEAR SECURITY DENY
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by emillysmigael(f): 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
You did nothing wrong...
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by GboyegaD(m): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
You did nothing wrong. The security guy allowed you leave your cylinder behind so he should take the query for his carelessness.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Temitopemo6e6(m): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
dear all is well you did the right tin
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Slawormir: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Aunty op..na because say na where them for dey feel gas....next time ehnnn nor leave any thing with security personnel attach to a company or organisation

Most times ehhnn ... the responsibility of security in a company na to protect employers property not customer or individuals property. Security officers most times nor dey allow you put something for thier care especially if it has nothing to do with thier employer...he supposed nor allow you put am for he care

Na because say the security officer na better person na im make he admit o... assuming say your stuff really cost ehnn he for deny am and the manager for begin speak English and also say you kept it there ar your own risk

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
kingvick09:
THAT WAS HOW MY BICYLE WAS STOLEN AT IKOTUN GTBANK THAT YEAR SECURITY DENY
Eeyah, so sad, some people are just malevolent in nature. Sorry about that sir
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
dear all is well you did the right tin
GboyegaD:
You did nothing wrong. The security guy allowed you leave your cylinder behind so he should take the query for his carelessness.
emillysmigael:
You did nothing wrong...
Thanks fam

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by lagusboyyy(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
You are absolutely spot on.

Assuming, you never said anything about the gas cylinder to the security, then thats wrong. But you've already alerted him, preceding when you went somewhere else.

On point.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
lagusboyyy:
You are absolutely spot on.

Assuming, you never said anything about the gas cylinder to the security, then thats wrong. But you've already alerted him, preceding when you went somewhere else.

On point.
Thanks
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Aunty op..na because say na where them for dey feel gas....next time ehnnn nor leave any thing with security personnel attach to a company or organisation

Most times ehhnn ... the responsibility of security in a company na to protect employers property not customer or individuals property. Security officers most times nor dey allow you put something for thier care especially if it has nothing to do with thier employer...he supposed nor allow you put am for he care

Na because say the security officer na better person na im make he admit o... assuming say your stuff really cost ehnn he for deny am and the manager for begin speak English and also say you kept it there ar your own risk
Ok...Thank u
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ollyb10:
undecided ... still thinking...
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by micfoley: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hmmmm. I beg to differ. An average security man in Lagos earns 20k or less. When you consider feeding and T fare, you should understand that these guys are barely surviving. Paying for that cylinder May cost him 2-4k which is up to 20% of his salary. In these COVID times, that is a huge loss to take.

OP if your income is higher than his , u probably should have overlooked it and purchased another cylinder.

Sometimes, it is not about who is right or wrong but about what is best for everyone!

2 Likes

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
micfoley:
Hmmmm. I beg to differ. An average security man in Lagos earns 20k or less. Paying for that cylinder May cost him 2-4k which is up to 20% of his salary. In these COVID times, that is a huge loss to take.

OP if your income is higher than his , u probably should have overlooked it and purchased another cylinder.

Sometimes, it is not about who is right or wrong but about what is best for everyone!
Good point! undecided

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by offset67(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ollyb10:

When I got there today, the manager called MD, what I heard after the call was that she (manager) told one of her colleagues that MD asked them to buy me another cylinder (they produce and sell cylinders in this company).

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
micfoley:
Hmmmm. I beg to differ. An average security man in Lagos earns 20k or less. When you consider feeding and T fare, you should understand that these guys are barely surviving. Paying for that cylinder May cost him 2-4k which is up to 20% of his salary. In these COVID times, that is a huge loss to take.

I'm glad u added the bolded, looking at it from ur own perspective....I may be earning far higher than him but I assure u his situation is better than mine at the moment, cos I lost my own job as a result of Covid19.

Anyway, I am more concerned about "displeasing humanity"( bn good to be precise)...Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by playerinc(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
OP go to the Security Man and offer him some money. The guy wanted to do good now it is costing him dearly. Give am small thing. Beside that, I'm happy with the way you handled the whole thing. When things go wrong, someone should pay. I just think in this case, you should also pay a part too.
Re: Did I Do Anything Wrong? Am I Guilty Of Anything Please? by Ollyb10: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2020
playerinc:
OP go to the Security Man and offer him some money. The guy wanted to do good now it is costing him dearly. Give am small thing. Beside that, I'm happy with the way you handled the whole thing. When things go wrong, someone should pay. I just think in this case, you should also pay a part too.
Thanks for ur contribution

(1) (Reply)

3 Nigerians Murdered By SARS And The Officers Who Killed Them / Police Arrest Couple For Caging, Starving A Twelve Year Old Girl For Eight Month / Super TV CEO: Family Threatens Suit, Alleges Media Publishing Falsehood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.