Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua (870 Views)

Stay At Home If You Don't Have An IV To The Inauguration -APC / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by DisGuy: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2007
Barely 24 hours after informing delegation of well-wishers from Kaduna State that he would have preferred if they stayed back home, President Umaru Yar‘Adua, on Thursday cancelled further solidarity visits to the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The President, also appealed to all well-wishers to remain in their states to allow him concentrate on his job.

The President made this appeal in a message to Nigerians, which he titled ”There is work to be done.”

Admitting that he had within the last two weeks received similar delegations that were at the Villa to congratulate him, Yar‘Adua urged other people with the same intention to put off their visits to a more favourable time.

He noted that it would be more preferable for him to visit them in their states in his capacity as the President.

Yar’Adua also urged Nigerians to work hard towards the realisation of the plan to place the country among the top 20 global economies by 2020.

The statement reads in part, ”I have in the last two weeks been receiving various delegations from across the country; all coming to congratulate and felicitate with me on my recent inauguration and assumption of office.

”While I appreciate this great outpouring of affection and the pledges of support for which I feel humbled, I must say that there is so much work to do in our country today and I will like to concentrate on the crucial task of repositioning our country for peace, sustainable development and prosperity.

”I therefore plead with other delegations who intend to call on me to express their best wishes and support to reschedule their plans for a more auspicious time.”

punch
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by debosky(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2007
excellent comment, some say this man doesn't know what he is doing and are judging him already based on 2 weeks in office. now we know why more hasn't happened. all the praise singers should sit their butts at home, no 'money for the boys' to be shared out from Aso Rock. He is paid to be the President not a host/entertainer. let him get down to the tasks that Nigeria urgently needs him to face.

But unlike Obj who would've done it in an insulting fashion, the man still managed to sound diplomatic.
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2007
culled from Yar'Adua speech

The statement reads in part, ”I have in the last two weeks been receiving various delegations from across the country; all coming to congratulate and felicitate with me on my recent inauguration and assumption of office.

Comment: This man is clever by half, he did not say on his election as president. He knew he was only installed and a meaningless inauguration performed!
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by DisGuy: 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2007
praise singing just wont go away, wish he said it in a stern manner though, it is very distracting all these old men coming to take photo in aso rock and collect some change.
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by angel101(f): 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2007
Nice. good on him
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by McKren(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2007
honestly, this is showing that he has MSc and has been a teacher.

Why will a state lead a delegation of 300 men, God knows if they are going for pilgrimage.

Nigerians are dieing people are busy felicitating, there are signs to take Yaradua seriously,
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by BigB11(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
I told you guys, Nigeria is coming back with full force.

The Nigerian president is here, it's time for business!
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by viee(f): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
wow! yaradua keep making intelligent comments!

a clear difference btw a military man and a civilian
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by BigB11(m): 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2007
When the president is solid and focused, the rest of the crew (governors, senators e.t.c) will automatically follow and align on the right path.
New Nigeria, new beginning.

The Nigerian president is here, it's time for business!
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by babasin(m): 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2007
this yaradua not clever after all. why?

those coming to see him will generate economic activity:

1. they buy fuel for car, pay transport.
2. buy food away from natural abode.
3. stay in hotel
4. buy new dress
5. rent body-guards
6. some may die by accident or plane crash; reduce population(Sultan died like that)

grin cheesy grin

so instead of stopping them, he should welcome them but they go back empty handed. They will get the message.
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by debosky(m): 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2007
the ones that go back home broke might just try to cause trouble in Aso rock, thus getting locked up and congesting the prisons unnecessarily, he wants to save those prison spots for Ehindero and the corrupt governors grin grin grin
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
As much as I will concur that Yar'Adua makes better sense than Obasanjo, the fact remains that his presidency lacks the peoples' mandate and therefore is illegitimate. No amount of good intentions can erode or erase that!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by manoy(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
You cant say for now o,Baba Iyabo did more than that in 1999 let us keep our fingers crossed
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by angel101(f): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2007
u are right u know
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by naijaway(m): 1:23am On Jun 16, 2007
@topic, you forgot to say how one governor had come with 28traditional rulers to see the president. That was the last straw.
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 16, 2007
manoy:

You can't say for now o,Baba Iyabo did more than that in 1999 let us keep our fingers crossed

you took the words right out of my mouth. Lets wait to say this in 4 yrs time
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by Prince22(m): 6:28am On Jun 16, 2007
Yea,

The President is tailkiing frank and solid, i hope pp will not take it otherwise?

It take avery serious minded person to utter such statement for focus sake

Let Yaradua do his best.
Re: Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua by MILITIA(f): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2007
@Topic

Patience my people, patience! Give Y'ardua 6 months! Patience my people, patience! We do not know what agenda he has yet! wink

(1) (Reply)

Nlc Versus Fg -attention Seekers? / Marginalization Whom To Blame: / Things Yaradua Must Not Do:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.