Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How My Driver Humbled Me To Start Sitting At The Passenger’s Side - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How My Driver Humbled Me To Start Sitting At The Passenger’s Side (259 Views)

Jos: Keke Driver With No Phone Returns Laptop And Wallet Of A Passenger / 46-passenger Bus Gutted By Fire On Lagos-ibadan Expressway. Photos / How To Move From The Passenger’s Seat To The Driver’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How My Driver Humbled Me To Start Sitting At The Passenger’s Side by trendysturvs(f): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
A Nigerian man identified as Bayo Adeyinka has taken to Twitter to narrate how his driver taught him some lessons about finance and savings.

Adeyinka said Biliaminu Lawal, who was one of the pool drivers in the bank he worked for in 2005, was driving him around Ibadan sometime ago and pointed to the house he built.

He tweeted: “I looked closely at Lawal. His salary at that time was not up to N40,000 monthly. How could he have built a house on that salary? How did he raise 3 children on that salary? I entered into a mournful mood. I started considering my financial status. “I earned multiples of what Lawal earned but I didn’t even own a plot of land at that time. That was one of the longest rides of my life. I realized that though I didn’t consider Lawal literate, he was by far more financially literate than I was.”

He said he stopped sitting at the ‘owner’s corner’ and started sitting on the passenger’s side in front when he is being chauffeured. Adeyinka said the driver inspired him to buy a plot of land on which he built a house afterwards.

Source: https://tsbnews.com/2020/07/how-my-driver-humbled-me-to-start-sitting-at-the-passengers-side/

Re: How My Driver Humbled Me To Start Sitting At The Passenger’s Side by psucc(m): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
That was because he was ready to learn and did so.

What happens to Hushpuppi dem wer pay rents in millions, owns exotic cars but no even by burial ground(6ft land) for himself?

(1) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Husband Finally Reveal Son’s Face / Ex-falcons Coach, Mudasiru Yusuf, Is Dead / Hundreds Protest In London, Ask For Oduduwa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.