Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Looking For My Father "obu" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Looking For My Father "obu" (2252 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / Advice Me: My Father In Law’s Culture Demands I Sleep With Him Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For My Father "obu" by LaurenW: 3:41am On Feb 08, 2011
*deleted by poster*
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by fstranger3(m): 3:57am On Feb 08, 2011
Are you for real?

Did you mom tell you he is Nigerian?

How did your mother know you look like one of his sisters?

Do you know your 'father's' ethnic affiliation?

BTW, are you still single?

PS: My last question is the most important of all the questions I have asked. So please, answer the question truthfully and honestly.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by LaurenW: 4:10am On Feb 08, 2011
*deleted*
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by franktolk(m): 5:22am On Feb 08, 2011
Pls do you have a pic of ur Dad? ask ur mum if she does.This will go a long way in assisting to track ur dad.I wish U the very best in this search.I can assure you; you'll find him if you dont relent.Pls gather more factS. Best wishes.
Cheers!
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by TewMuch: 5:23am On Feb 08, 2011
Haha!
Naija pple with children everywhere! They take this "go out and multiply" thing very seriously. I doubt this story because there should be more ways you can get some info about him. He was into real estate, he would have a lot of paper trail on him and useful information. Try going back to where he lived and worked with exact datesN also make use of the local library/council you will be shocked how much info they have in their archives,  Also he may be from Akwa Ibom by the name or belong to Olumba Olumba Obu movement, which is pretty much a cult. They have a high rate of Akwa Ibom, is the tribe Efik? Not sure. Go on youtube also and try to have your mum listen to the efik language to see if it juggles her memory. Mum needs to tell you more of what she knows. Close friends, acquaintances, coworkers and family. You can also look for him through known addresses of family members. Poor guy, imagine a 25yr old surprise. God help us! Goodluck with your search, I hope you are successful and he is willing to accept you. Prepare yourself for the worst, and possible rejection. Also make sure your mother is very sure about this and be prepared to take a DNA test.Not everyone will find this funny, or accept it.

P.S, All this is assuming the guy did not lie about his whole life for sex. The name is sketchy, and quite frankly funny.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by TewMuch: 5:45am On Feb 08, 2011
http://www.aksgonline.com/

You can try that link. I learnt the languages are:
Ibibio
Oron
Anang
Try youtube vides of these languages for your mum to see if it sounds familiar.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Are you for real?

Did you mom tell you he is Nigerian?

How did your mother know you look like one of his sisters?

Do you know your 'father's' ethnic affiliation?

BTW, are you still single?

PS: My last question is the most important of all the questions I have asked. So please, answer the question truthfully and honestly.

Lol . . . ashewo!
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2011
TewMuch:

Haha!
Naija pple with children everywhere! They take this "go out and multiply" thing very seriously.

P.S, All this is assuming the guy did not lie about his whole life for sex. The name is sketchy, and quite frankly funny.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But the name sef obu olumba,The guy must have been a GEE to lie for sex at that time. grin
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Confilass: 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2011
My dear, Obu Olumba is a religion, the headquarter is in Calabar except he is from the man's family. Besides, they have 1st names before the family name e.g. Roland Obu Olumba which 've been hearing etc.

I wish he had told ur mum the truth. Men can lie or do anything for sex. I wish u success in ur search.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by LaurenW: 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
*deleted*
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 08, 2011
do people understand that having sex with a woman produces a live human being?

how could someone tell his pregnant girlfriend his name is olumba olumba obu?

lord have mercy.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by ikamefa(f): 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2011
LaurenW:

My mom didn't know him for very long and said that she was given a business card with the name "Obu Olumba Obu" for his Real Estate company. Since he used a fake name I guess it will be impossible to find him especially knowing so little unless i decide to hire some sort of Private investigator. She is looking for the one picture she does have of him and if she finds it she is going to give it to me and I will post it here. My aunt told me he would have loved if he had a daughter and that I should try to look for him, that always stayed with me and was one of the reasons I decided to look.

" grin " what a name cheesy naija man nor dey carry last grin grin grin
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by fstranger3(m): 11:04pm On Feb 08, 2011
tpiah!:

do people understand that having sex with a woman produces a live human being?

how could someone tell his pregnant girlfriend his name is olumba olumba obu?

lord have mercy.

Not so fast sweet heart
Look at it this way:

do people understand that having sex with a man produces a live human being?

how could a woman sleep with a foreigner she barely knew for money without protection?

lord have mercy.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2011
fstranger3:

america's sweetheart

how could a woman sleep with a foreigner she barely knew for money without protection?

lord have mercy.

if the man didnt use his real name, that's cold.

lord have mercy, cos i dey fear people these days.

if they can think it, they will do it. shocked

anyway, hoping it's not like that.
[
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by TewMuch: 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Not so fast sweet heart
Look at it this way:

lord have mercy.

There is a time and place, please respect people's feelings.

LaurenW:

My mom didn't know him for very long and said that she was given a business card with the name "Obu Olumba Obu" for his Real Estate company. Since he used a fake name I guess it will be impossible to find him especially knowing so little unless i decide to hire some sort of Private investigator. She is looking for the one picture she does have of him and if she finds it she is going to give it to me and I will post it here. My aunt told me he would have loved if he had a daughter and that I should try to look for him, that always stayed with me and was one of the reasons I decided to look.

Your aunt is obliged to say those things to make you feel better. And your mum is probably too reluctant to tell you the real circumstances surrounding that relationship. As you know people get with other's for many different reason's. She was also very wrong to have kept you such a big secret. Your father may just be olumba olumba obu. I hear he claims that he can transport himself to anywhere in the world. lol. Thinks of himself as god actually. Anyway if he lied about who he was, you probably do not want to know him neither will he be someone you can be proud of. Take heart and move on with your life if te results are not what you hoped for. Goodluck
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Outstrip(f): 1:53am On Feb 09, 2011
Your mothers first and last name that she went with at the time might be helpful. Someone that knew your dad at the time might recognize the name and contact your dad. You should be about 20 now. A lot of things could have happened in 20 years. I wish you well. If you ever find him let us know
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by obowunmi(m): 7:01am On Feb 09, 2011
He came to finish the ritual --- the olumba, olumba people r ritualists, probably needed to have a baby back then to complete it ----two things, with a name like that, he's probably involved in some form of fraud and can no longer enter the country.

2. I wouldn't go looking for a man who gave a name olumba, olumba --- screams irresponsibility. He might drain you financially.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2011
How come this looks like a scam to me? why post very hot pictures of a female online to look for you father. Do you not have less distractive pictures? I think its just to get attention and catch nairaland men and scam them, sorry if i sound cold but i work with my intutition, my gut tells me this is wrong
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Confilass: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2011
Olumba Olumba Obu (O.O.Obu) is a Church they've branches worldwide and dat's d man's name also. Try and find out a member of dat church at where u're staying and make investigation. I can't tell if ur dad is one of his family members but I know the headquarter is at Calabar. I can get u d address to go on with ur search.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2011
why post very hot pictures of a female online to look for you father. Do you not have less distractive pictures? I think its just to get attention and catch nairaland men and scam them

if i talk now they'll say its bad belle and that i want to have all the 1 billion nigerian men for myself alone.

but if na husband she dey find, its all cool, some men dey find wives too. Fstranger has already submitted an application- first come first served though the nlers with pictures get priority.

i did wonder if it was a man posting though.

but i could be wrong.

in any case, she scam them, they scam her, if that's the case, all na same thing.
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Not so fast sweet heart
Look at it this way:

lord have mercy.

Why am I not surprised you are the one coming up with this stooopid conclusion undecided

Do you need someone to interpret posts to you
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by fstranger3(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

Why am I not surprised you are the one coming up with this stooopid conclusion undecided

Do you need someone to interpret posts to you

Why am I not surprised that you are stalking me?

I dont do igbo girls you know
Re: Looking For My Father "obu" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Why am I not surprised that you are stalking me?

I dont do igbo girls you know

Please correct that to woman! I'm waaaaaaaaay above your league! cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Love More Your Spouse Or Your Parents / What Will You Do If U Meet Your Wife Like This / Become a Land owner Wit Jst 15k monthly installment in this Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.