Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,615 members, 7,955,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait (38963 Views)

Sporting Lisbon FINALLY End 19-year Wait To Lift The Portuguese League Title / Cristiano Ronaldo And Georgina Rodríguez Kiss & Pose With Nations League Trophy / Nigeria Receives 2018 AWCON Trophy After Defeating South Africa (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by igbarasdynasty: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2020
light099:
Year 2020 is the two sides of a coin.
One side is for doom, the other side is for boom.
2020 holds both misery and remarkable breakthrough in it's palms.

While some big people go down in doom, some low people would achieve unexpected boom of breakthroughs.
If this year doesn't wreck you, it's likely going to raise you.

Don't miss this year.
Don't let this year pass you by.
This is the year to achieve those impossible stuffs. I know what I'm talking about.

Congrats Liverpool!
They never walked alone eventually, in year 2020!

This man speaks GREAT TRUTH..... cool
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2020
Audio trophy! People lift trophies in front of their fans...

Dry!

grin
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2020
toxicbrain:

1. City are more ruthless and yet they have lost more than 8 times this season? And you think only man city have the monopoly of signing one or two players?
2.lol.... this is really funny... No team in this world wouldn't be scared of facing this Liverpool side. We still have one of the best defensive records this season. Check the stats. And we can beat any EPL side in a day that it matters. We have just been playing Ceremonial matches over the past 6 games now after a disruption in flow by the pandemic you should expect a dip in form.
lolz..city started losing when they already lost the league and from the start, this city i saw are more determined to gun fo the ucl because they have already conquered England the 2 previous season and Liverpool were just more hungry than them for the epl this season but that hunger that made the reds champion is already fading away..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2020
SirMichael1:
lol. You must have said something similar about liverpool after we got to the ucl final in 2017, something like 'we'll never reach the final next year and in a long time'. Well... We came back next year and won.

Do not underestimate liverpool.

yea and no disrespect to the reds bt am jus stating the obvious from my point of view, the reds won the ucl last season and they were more determined to win the epl dis year and they won it, the reds had the hunger more than my nearly perfect city bt i see that same hunger fading in the camp of the reds after winning the epl..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2020
rolams:

Lie lie! Na so una talk when the season started last year.
lolz...seriously the reds started this season epl with so much hunger thag began fron even last season bt aftee winning the epl, I think that the hunger started droping in the camp of the reds..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2020
raphy:

simple congrats u knw fit give us na sermon u come de write for this city we will end the.season with bottle water.

and barca will end with messi record.

#weareliverpool #champions take am like that the social distance is there to see..
lolz congrats oo my man bt even if city and barca had a bad season...dt dnt not mean that the reds are better than city than did back to back in England and won every cup in England with massive records points and goals record that ur team can never reach..
forget abt barca and messi bcoz u beat them no mean say we be mates..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2020
teelaw4life:

Your second point. We've basically lost just 3 games this season, yet teams are going to face us without fear? You guys clearly don't know ball.

Last season, after getting 97 points and not winning the league, many said that was it. We'd never challenge...but see what happened this season. We'll see how it goes next season sha. But regardless, I know our boys will go again with the grit and determination they've been showing since that disappointment in the final in kiev versus real madrid.
yea you lost 3 games this season but your once unbreakable defense just continue to ship in more goals...how do u think that the Chelsea that scored 3 goals against u yesterday would face u next season??
u guys are champions but that hunger that drove ur team to than title is slowly dropping..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by masterflowx(m): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
paulolee:
beautiful pictures they gat there but it would have been better if they gat that awesome anfild crowd at thr background of those pictures..
its nice seeing them lifting this trophy after 30yrs but i would still save my cash and stake it that city would lift the trophy next season because...
1..city are still more ruthless and seems more perfect than Liverpool, they jus nid to sign an aguero replacement and some defenders..
2..some clubs would face Liverpool without dt fear factor due to the way they do lose matches n concede many goals this days..
3..Chelsea need a lot of building to do especially at dt defense n may compete nxt 2 seasons..
4..man.u off and on season may continue nxt season and they need more signings because dier Fernandez magical wand is already failing and dey gat av some balls n start punishing dt de gea with bench whenever he flops..
CONGRATS D REDS (even if i still de vex 4 watin una do barca)..

Who your vex help self...?

Let me remind you that beautiful night at fortress Anfield once again...
YNWA!!!

1 Like

Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by chiiraq802(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Slynation:

With Ziyech and Werner if Chelsea can arrange their Goal keeping department with Jan Oblak and their defensive line comes next season... They will definitely be a contender
This one is just assumption!!!!
What if they don't hit the ground running
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
masterflowx:

Who your vex help self...?

Let me remind you that beautiful night at fortress Anfield once again...
YNWA!!!
lolz...wicket person....**loggoff from n.l and switches fone off n starts thinking**
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Crizillion1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by OMNIVIRUS(m): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
paulolee:
beautiful pictures they gat there but it would have been better if they gat that awesome anfild crowd at thr background of those pictures..
its nice seeing them lifting this trophy after 30yrs but i would still save my cash and stake it that city would lift the trophy next season because...
1..city are still more ruthless and seems more perfect than Liverpool, they jus nid to sign an aguero replacement and some defenders..
2..some clubs would face Liverpool without dt fear factor due to the way they do lose matches n concede many goals this days..
3..Chelsea need a lot of building to do especially at dt defense n may compete nxt 2 seasons..
4..man.u off and on season may continue nxt season and they need more signings because dier Fernandez magical wand is already failing and dey gat av some balls n start punishing dt de gea with bench whenever he flops..
CONGRATS D REDS (even if i still de vex 4 watin una do barca)..

I disagree, blatantly, here is why
1. The nature of the losses you mentioned came after they had a very healthy lead up on top and have won the league.
2. The way they play is very intricate and exciting, even against city, they carved city open on several occasions but couldn't take their chances
3. They do not to sign so many players to get the ground running, nothing beats a team well blended with talent, experience and youth. Salah is 28, same with Mane, bobby is 29, Hendo is 30, Gini is 29, Arnold is 21, robbo is 26, Gomez is 24, VVD is 28 not bad for a centre back.
4. They could turn up the screw whenever they wanted. Look out the crystal palace game after the Everton drag, the way the totally dismantled a chelsea side.
5. The goal distribution is amazing. They score from every side, from defenders to strikers, different types of goals.
They can pass you out of existence if they want, they can press and counter press if they want, they can counter, they are a threat with set pieces, they can throw in bodies in the box and whip them crosses in, they can sit back and take punches too if they want, their play is fluid and dangerous and unpredictable on their good day.
6. They have something that you can never buy with money, Identity. Liverpool now have an identity, it is obvious in their mentality, when they are losing, you still feel that they are capable of anything, anytime, which City doesn't really have. E.g Outplay city and watch them fall like a pack of cards.
7. They still have Jurgen Klopp. He understands the club, the city, the fans, the players, the board, the academy, they are a different side. This to me is what makes all the difference, even when he wasn't winning
Finally, many teams have some variants of these but no team have them all like this team that are currently champions of Europe, the world and England
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
OMNIVIRUS:

1. The nature of the losses you mentioned came after they had a very healthy lead up on top and have won the league.
2. The way they play is very intricate and exciting, even against city, they carved city open on several occasions but couldn't take their chances
3. They do not to sign so many players to get the ground running, nothing beats a team well blended with talent, experience and youth. Salah is 28, same with Mane, bobby is 29, Hendo is 30, Gini is 29, Arnold is 21, robbo is 26, Gomez is 24, VVD is 28 not bad for a centre back.
4. They could turn up the screw whenever they wanted. Look out the crystal palace game after the Everton drag, the way the totally dismantled a chelsea side.
5. The goal distribution is amazing. They score from every side, from defenders to strikers, different types of goals.
They can pass you out of existence if they want, they can press and counter press if they want, they can counter, they are a threat with set pieces, they can throw in bodies in the box and whip them crosses in, they can sit back and take punches too if they want, their play is fluid and dangerous and unpredictable on their good day.
6. They have something that you can never buy with money, Identity. Liverpool now have an identity, it is obvious in their mentality, when they are losing, you still feel that they are capable of anything, anytime, which City doesn't really have. E.g Outplay city and watch them fall like a pack of cards.
7. They still have Jurgen Klopp. He understands the club, the city, the fans, the players, the board, the academy, they are a different side. This to me is what makes all the difference, even when he wasn't winning
Finally, many teams have some variants of these but no team have them all like this team that are currently champions of Europe, the world and England
thats nice stats u gat and ur opinion though..nice bt ml we see as e go end shaa
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by OMNIVIRUS(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
paulolee:

thats nice stats u gat and ur opinion though..nice bt ml we see as e go end shaa

That wan follow.... the future can only be predicted based on the current evidence but things can change. They may not win it but they are still contenders.
That's the same feeling everybody had last season, when they lost by a single point, everybody knew they would be at it again.

Contenders next season are
Liverpool, city, Chelsea. United and Tottenham are not far off. Arsenal under Arteta needs time and money
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Ayobami7(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
Congrats
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by raphy(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
[quote author=Olarewaju89 post=92009402][/quote]
niggah. that jesey na man u get arm u just photo shop our name to it. everyone everyone knew the var chester of England.
just go smoke a blunt we have won the league and u CNT take It back. we can do it again..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by raphy(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
paulolee:

lolz congrats oo my man bt even if city and barca had a bad season...dt dnt not mean that the reds are better than city than did back to back in England and won every cup in England with massive records points and goals record that ur team can never reach..
forget abt barca and messi bcoz u beat them no mean say we be mates..
barca na one man team na how can we be mate de depend a migjet for survival.

just chill mate even city will still struggle next season mark it here first.
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by anthropizzy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Y. N. W. A

Am so happy to witness this after 30years.!! Up Reds!!
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Gbest90(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
For those of you who are very good at taunting Liverpool fans with this particular line..... "when last did ur team lift epl".

Am sorry to announce to you that you might need another line. Cos this line just expired. Kloppo finally found the answer. And now we can boldly say...

WE WON THE LEAGUE 14 HOUR'S AGO.

#Champions of England
#Champions of Europe
#Champions of the World.
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Gbest90(m): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
OMNIVIRUS:

Oil dey ur head.

YNWA
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Giverz: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
Well deserved!
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Olarewaju89: 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
raphy:

niggah. that jesey na man u get arm u just photo shop our name to it.
everyone everyone knew the var chester of England.

just go smoke a blunt we have won the league and u CNT take It back.
we can do it again..

After 30 years ba.. Corona virus trophy undecided
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by Slynation(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
chiiraq802:

This one is just assumption!!!!
What if they don't hit the ground running
Lol... And you think Man city can still put up a better performance with this same squad... Anyways we shall see how things goes, Liverpool can still retain their title by the way... Arnold and Robertson can only get better
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by paulolee(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
raphy:

barca na one man team na how can we be mate de depend a migjet for survival.

just chill mate even city will still struggle next season mark it here first.
lolz..see insult to barca...barca na one man team and na d best player ever u jus call midget
my guy from now till wen u stop watching football, Liverpool can never have a player dt will win 6 ballon d or and even achieve half of wat dt midget achieved..
de talk asifur club no go depend on messi if u luckily have him...see talk o
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by kingcornel(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
light099:
Year 2020 is the two sides of a coin.
One side is for doom, the other side is for boom.
2020 holds both misery and remarkable breakthrough in it's palms.

While some big people go down in doom, some low people would achieve unexpected boom of breakthroughs.
If this year doesn't wreck you, it's likely going to raise you.

Don't miss this year.
Don't let this year pass you by.
This is the year to achieve those impossible stuffs. I know what I'm talking about.

Congrats Liverpool!
They never walked alone eventually, in year 2020!
u r jst prophesying into my life bro,dis yr is bn too awesome for me..all tnks to God Almighty..
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by teelaw4life(m): 8:37am On Jul 24, 2020
paulolee:

yea you lost 3 games this season but your once unbreakable defense just continue to ship in more goals...how do u think that the Chelsea that scored 3 goals against u yesterday would face u next season??
u guys are champions but that hunger that drove ur team to than title is slowly dropping..

Our defence has never been unbreakable. We simply have great organisation at the back...which is down to good coaching.
In terms of motivation, of those 3 defeats, 2 of them came after we officially confirmed the league with about 5 games to spare. Of course, it's only normal to drop concentration with nothing to play for. Believe me, the boys will come back next season even hungrier because they'd want to try and retain the league.
Just watch.
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by emienez(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2020
Finally finally! Anyway congrats
Re: Liverpool FC Lift Premier League Trophy After 30-Year Wait by raphy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
Olarewaju89:

After 30 years ba.. Corona virus trophy undecided

u must be in serious pain ..sorry o get well soon. we have won the league so just smoke ur self to sleep if u cant take it .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Navy Seals recused 4 boys from Trapped Thai Cave / Ahmed Musa Rewards His Workers With Houses / France Release 23-man Squad For Russia 2018 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.