Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde (2437 Views)

Descendants Of Ishmael / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel / Analysis Of Lonely Days Written By Bayo Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 1:20am On Jul 23, 2020
PART 1
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi O. Akintunde
It all started that period; the time where there was a strong war between the Muslims and the Christians.
Peter Andrews was a university lecturer, while Amid Roqeeb was a postgraduate student in the same university.
Peter Andrews was a devout Christian, African American and a Good mathematician. He was very intelligent. He was happily married to Roseline, a Briton. She was a nurse and needed to be at work at odd hours. Peter and Roseline had a two year old son named Isaac. He was their happiness. He was their gift from Jehovah after the loss of their first son Abraham.
Life couldn’t be more perfect than what they had at that moment and they could attribute this, to their devotion to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That was why they named their first son Abraham. They had prayed to God to give them 3 sons who they intended to name Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They had been so happy, Jehovah had been kind to them giving them Abraham five years earlier but three years later he had been unfortunately taken from them...
How?
3 YEARS EARLIER
Abraham had fallen ill. He had this unrelenting cough. As a nurse, Roseline had bought some over-the-counter drugs for him. Instead of the cough releasing its grip on Abraham, the cough was getting worse. Peter couldn’t bear the pain of Abraham coughing so he took it upon himself to take him to the hospital while Roseline went to work. She was working in a different hospital. Peter had been told to go bring the over-the -counter drugs they had been using for Abraham for his cough.
Peter was at home picking up the drugs when he heard a loud blast that shook the earth...
“ What is happening?” Peter spoke silently but didn’t pay much attention as he packed the drugs into a ziplock bag...
He began to hear the loud siren of the Firefighters...
“A house must have caught fire” Peter resolved but a phone call from Roseline said otherwise...
“ Peter... Are you okay?” Roseline screamed
“ Yes, I am fine....”
“ Thank you Jesus! That means you must have left the hospital before the blast! Thank you Jesus! Thank you Jesus! Ok Love you dear!” Roseline hung up before Peter could recover from the shock he was going into ...
“ The blast? Hospital?” The ziplock fell from his hand as he ran into his car.
A terrorist group had planted a bomb in the hospital and Abraham died in the blast.
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Written by Opeyemi O.Akintunde
+234-8151103646
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 1:24am On Jul 23, 2020
PART 2
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde
That was three years earlier. The loss had been intense, the pain was deep and hence he swore never to have anything to do with the Muslims. It was based on the knowledge that Terrorist groups were associated with the Islamic religion that made him avoid anyone from that religion like a plague. He left the government owned University he was lecturing so as to avoid mixing up with any Muslim. He got an offer into a Christian University where he started lecturing five months After Abraham’s death.
Jehovah eased their pain by making Roseline become pregnant shortly after the loss of Abraham...
Isaac came forth and filled their lives with happiness again.
Amid on the other hand was an Arab young man who was studying as a postgraduate student at the Christian University where Peter was lecturing. Amid was a very cool headed person. He was one of those people who didn’t stand out in public. He loved being unnoticed, hence no one knew he was a Muslim except his lecturers.
He was married to Rokibah and they were blessed with a son; Ishmael. He was their gift from Allah. He made them smile always. He was two years of age but he was sharper than his age. Rokibah was a full time housewife so it made dropping and picking up Amid everyday, very easy. She had encouraged him to continue with his academics knowing how smart Amid was especially with Mathematics, while she stayed at home to take care of Ishmael.
That Life changing day started as usual, there was the rumour that a religious fight would break out that day, but the government had done a lot of press conferences to plead with the citizens of the country against a religious war. The President specifically pleaded with the Muslims and Christians but the leadership of the two parties were not giving the government their ears. The Christians were angry the Muslims were killing Christians who tried preaching to them, while the Muslims were angry that the Christians felt their religion was more superior.... Each religious sect set out to defend their religion, especially the Christians who became highly intolerant of the terrorism associated with the Muslims.
“Solve this!” Peter Andrews said to his undergraduate students as he stepped out of the class. He had one task; to speak with Roseline over the phone as he awaited the arrival of Isaac. Due to the nature of Roseline’s work, Peter was responsible for dropping Isaac off at the Crèche while the Crèche was responsible for returning him at 1:30pm. It was 1:15pm already and Roseline was home.
“I just gave my students this tough equation and it will take them a long time to solve, so I am all yours!” Peter said to Roseline
“That’s not nice... I don’t envy your students!” Roseline replied laughing as she moved around in the kitchen. Peter heard the clanking of dishes
“What are you doing?” Peter asked
“Washing the plates and making Lunch!” Roseline replied
“But I told you not to do that, you have been gone since last night, you should be taking a nap right now!”
“A nap? With you speaking to me?” Roseline said laughing...
“Well, you can lie down on the bed while talking to me…”
“I will do that tomorrow…” Roseline said obviously not meaning what she said
“Roseline, Your tomorrow never ends, I hope this doesn’t stand against you as lies... You know when it is tomorrow, you will repeat the same thing...” Peter said laughing... He wouldn’t trade Roseline and Isaac for anything in the world. They were God’s gift to him.
“I love you Roseline... I hope you know that!” Peter said
“I love you forever Peter...”
He saw the School bus driving towards the university... His heart bubbled with Joy...
“My Son is here” Peter said proudly and though he was used to that “Joyful feeling” he still couldn’t control the racing of his heart as he saw Isaac jumping in excitement in the school bus at the sight of Him.
“Jehovah, thank you for giving me Isaac...”
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
+234-8151103646
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 1:38am On Jul 23, 2020
PART 3
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi O. Akintunde
Amid was through for the day, and Rokibah was waiting in front of the gate for him. He packed up his books and walked towards the exit. He passed by an undergraduate class and saw how the students were arguing over the maths problem they had been told to solve. It was such a simple math with a lot of steps though. Amid noticed whoever their teacher was, must have probably stepped out...
“It’s such a simple math…” He said from the doorway
The entire class turned towards him with different looks, some gave the look of “Who is he?”, others “ Oh Really, then show us how simple.”
Amid walked into the lecture room, took the white board marker, and to what looked like magic to everyone, he solved the Maths equation till the second to the last step...
“Oh!”
“Ok!”
“Right!”
“Wow!”
“Really?”
These were the words popping out of the mouth of the students as they watched Amid solving the equation effortlessly.
“You have two more steps to go...Whoever finishes it first gets 1500 dollars from me” Amid said dropping the marker
“You are serious?” Asked one of the students
“I don’t tell lies!” Amid said laughing
Amid picked up his bag with the intention of leaving the class but as he turned he saw the “not so impressed” staring eyes of Peter...
“Impressive!” Peter said
“I am sorry, I realized they didn’t know how to move past the first step...” Amid said defending himself as he walked towards Peter at the door of the class...
As Amid walked out of the Class, he whispered to Peter in a very playful way...
“Sir, that was a tough one, even we postgraduate students would have a hard time solving that!” Amid said trying to establish a friendship with the Lecturer.
“And you are?” Peter asked. He was a bit skeptical about the man, who was trying to bribe his students with $1,500.
“Amid Roqeeb!” Amid said
Peter felt like a hammer was used to hit the alert button in his head...
“Muslim?” Peter asked
Amid was surprised his religion was the first thing the Lecturer was asking him. He was expecting a question as to what course he was studying...
“Ermmm... Yes” Amid replied carefully
“Hmm…” Peter said raising his eyebrow...
“Any problem?” Amid asked
“No... Just surprised A Christian University would admit a Muslim... Could it be that the School is losing focus...?” Peter said in irritation
“Hmm... I really don’t know what to say, but my being a Muslim shouldn’t be a barrier of being taught by the best lecturers in the country. By the time I graduate I intend teaching in a government owned school, that way I will pass my knowledge to children regardless of their religion...”
“Fine… It was nice meeting you, but please don’t make it a habit of interfering in my lecture.” Peter said walking off before Amid could say anything...
“But that wasn’t necessary... He didn’t mean any harm!” The Holy Spirit in Peter Chided Him
“Every Muslim mean harm to Every Christian... They killed my Son Abraham”
“You shouldn’t judge the whole people by the actions of a few bedeviled ones” The HOLY SPIRIT in Peter said, but Peter wasn’t interested in that voice.
He had to clear this virus out of the School.
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by BroOptimist(m): 7:49am On Jul 23, 2020
oloyedprince1:
PART 3
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi O. Akintunde
Amid was through for the day, and Rokibah was waiting in front of the gate for him. He packed up his books and walked towards the exit. He passed by an undergraduate class and saw how the students were arguing over the maths problem they had been told to solve. It was such a simple math with a lot of steps though. Amid noticed whoever their teacher was, must have probably stepped out...
“It’s such a simple math…” He said from the doorway
The entire class turned towards him with different looks, some gave the look of “Who is he?”, others “ Oh Really, then show us how simple.”
Amid walked into the lecture room, took the white board marker, and to what looked like magic to everyone, he solved the Maths equation till the second to the last step...
“Oh!”
“Ok!”
“Right!”
“Wow!”
“Really?”
These were the words popping out of the mouth of the students as they watched Amid solving the equation effortlessly.
“You have two more steps to go...Whoever finishes it first gets 1500 dollars from me” Amid said dropping the marker
“You are serious?” Asked one of the students
“I don’t tell lies!” Amid said laughing
Amid picked up his bag with the intention of leaving the class but as he turned he saw the “not so impressed” staring eyes of Peter...
“Impressive!” Peter said
“I am sorry, I realized they didn’t know how to move past the first step...” Amid said defending himself as he walked towards Peter at the door of the class...
As Amid walked out of the Class, he whispered to Peter in a very playful way...
“Sir, that was a tough one, even we postgraduate students would have a hard time solving that!” Amid said trying to establish a friendship with the Lecturer.
“And you are?” Peter asked. He was a bit skeptical about the man, who was trying to bribe his students with $1,500.
“Amid Roqeeb!” Amid said
Peter felt like a hammer was used to hit the alert button in his head...
“Muslim?” Peter asked
Amid was surprised his religion was the first thing the Lecturer was asking him. He was expecting a question as to what course he was studying...
“Ermmm... Yes” Amid replied carefully
“Hmm…” Peter said raising his eyebrow...
“Any problem?” Amid asked
“No... Just surprised A Christian University would admit a Muslim... Could it be that the School is losing focus...?” Peter said in irritation
“Hmm... I really don’t know what to say, but my being a Muslim shouldn’t be a barrier of being taught by the best lecturers in the country. By the time I graduate I intend teaching in a government owned school, that way I will pass my knowledge to children regardless of their religion...”
“Fine… It was nice meeting you, but please don’t make it a habit of interfering in my lecture.” Peter said walking off before Amid could say anything...
“But that wasn’t necessary... He didn’t mean any harm!” The Holy Spirit in Peter Chided Him
“Every Muslim mean harm to Every Christian... They killed my Son Abraham”
“You shouldn’t judge the whole people by the actions of a few bedeviled ones” The HOLY SPIRIT in Peter said, but Peter wasn’t interested in that voice.
He had to clear this virus out of the School.
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE

Lol... What a funny article! Corona virus or Ebola virus?
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 8:02am On Jul 23, 2020
PART 4
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi O.Akintunde
Amid knew something unpleasant was cooking up. He suspected the Lecturer was probably one of those Christian Fanatics that saw all Muslims as evil people better still, terrorists.
“Allah ( SWT) Vindicate me!” Amid said to Himself as He walked out of the School. As he stepped out, he saw Rokibah and Ishmael in the car waiting for him already. He needed to hide the worry, Rokibah would be able to tell from the get go, if he didn’t change his countenance....
“My love!” Rokibah said as Amid approached them. Ishmael was jumping in excitement
“Baba! Baabaaa!” He said
“May the Peace of Allah be with you, my love!” He said greeting Rokibah
“And you too!” Rokibah replied...
Instantly Rokibah knew something was wrong. Amid’s smile was not reflecting in his eyes...
“What’s wrong?” Rokibah asked
“School stuff, not something to worry your beautiful head and mind about... Ishmael my son, my son, my son how was your day? I hope you didn’t give Mama a hard time today?” Amid said trying to divert Rokibah’s attention to Ishmael.
Rokibah engaged the reverse gear, and as she reversed, she said...
“Religious stuff?”
Sometimes Amid wished Rokibah wasn’t as smart as she was...
“I had a dream you know!” Rokibah continued
Amid knew he couldn’t escape that conversation. Rokibah was gifted in dreams and visions.
“Ok?” Amid replied
“I saw that you were shut out of the university, you were not granted entrance into the premises. I saw a man, he looked African American. He was the one pushing you out of the school.” Rokibah said
“Well, nothing of such is happening or will happen. I just went out of the line today. I helped an undergraduate class to solve their math, while their lecturer was not in class... their lecturer is actually African American and a Christian. He returned to meet me helping the student out, I guess that didn’t sit well with him”
“Oh! Then we must add it to our prayers” Rokibah said
“I don’t think the man means any harm. It’s not a big deal…”
“You say!” Rokibah said...
Rokibah wasn’t someone who played with her dreams. With the religious war on the streets, she needed to take her dream seriously....
“Why was a Muslim enrolled in a Christian University?” Peter said to the Registrar who was his very close friend...The Vice Chancellor was on leave, so Ryan the Registrar was acting in the capacity of the Acting Vice Chancellor. Ryan was appending his signature on some official documents.
“He is a young Chap, He scored 100% in his entrance exam, just like you did during your interview test and besides I had the faith in me that, God could meet with him here. Who knows if within the 18 months he spends here, he becomes a Christian. God works in mysterious ways you know Peter.” Ryan Said
“Let me guess, the University needed money and he was willing to pay good money, since he is a rich chap!”
“Peter! What are you insinuating?” The Registrar said angrily at him as he dropped his pen.
“Exactly what I just said, because I don’t know what you were thinking when you admitted a potential Terrorist, Who May have been planted as a spy and agent here to burn down the best Christian University in the country...” Peter said and the Registrar suddenly went quiet as what Peter said obviously made sense...
“Ryan, these terrorists are smart people, they don’t use dull agents. A Muslim mathematician who scores 100% is a likely agent for a terrorist group, because he will be highly calculative, and unpredictable. He just bribed my students with $1,500.00, a way of winning their hearts… Ryan, I don’t like that young man. He is not what he appears to be. He is a terrorist...”
“ A terrorist?” Ryan repeated after Peter
“ Yes... A terrorist!”
“ So what can I do?He has been admitted already”
“ Revoke his admission! We must send him out of here, before it is too late... remember you are the Acting Vice Chancellor. You don’t want the school burnt down under your watch...!”
Ryan took a deep breath. He had a strong peace about the young man but what Peter was saying definitely made a lot of sense....
“ Let me think and pray about this, I will get back to you.” Ryan said as he used his hand to brush his grey hair.
“ Think and pray! I hope the school doesn’t get burnt down while you are thinking. I am sure even God will blame you if that happens. Whatever you decide to do is your choice... however, God bears me witness. My hands will not be stained with the blood of the innocent students. God bless you Ryan...” Peter said as he walked out of Ryan’s office....
“I don’t think I should send the Muslim student away because of his religion or should I be wise to send him away so as to avoid a terrorist attack? Do I want to sacrifice over 500 Christian students while trying to make one Muslim student happy? “ Ryan asked himself as he sat back in his chair...
He really needed good advise...
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 11:01am On Jul 24, 2020
PART 5
“ISHMAEL& ISAAC”
“I will tender my resignation tomorrow, if Ryan insists on keeping the terrorist on campus.” Peter said while having dinner
“What if he is not a terrorist?” Roseline said to Peter
“All Muslims are terrorists!”
“Said and Barakat are not!” Roseline said about her sister who got married to a Muslim and had converted to Islam
“Your sister’s case is different, she still has the Christian blood and heart in her and I can tell you she has a strong influence on your brother in law... This Amid guy looks like someone born and raised by staunch Muslims. He is one of those whose trousers don’t get down to their ankles... “
“Peter, please I beg you, I know you are still hurting over the loss of Abraham and how it was a terrorist group that caused his demise, but unforgiveness is also as weighty as Murder. The Scripture confirms that. If you refuse to forgive these terrorist group, you are not any different from them… The sin of Unforgiveness and Murder are the same. Jesus equates the sin of anger with the sin of murder. Peter, Bible states in the book of James 1:20 that “The anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God... “ Peter your being angry at these people doesn’t count as righteousness” Roseline said
Peter stood up angrily from the dining table, Roseline was taking the sides of the terrorist religion because her sister was married to one of them...
She was going to be bias about her stand on the Islamic religion. It was the religion of heartless human beings. Peter walked up the stairs to his room. On getting inside, he knelt before the Lord...
“Lord Jesus, I know you as the Only Way, the truth and the Life. I know every other religion is counterfeit, therefore please eradicate anything called Islam from this world and throw all those terrorist into Hell in Jesus name. Lord, let Ryan have an encounter with you that will make him send that Amid out of the school. Lord I trust you to do it, but if you don’t I will leave that school, because your word clearly states that “We should not be unequally yoked with Unbelievers”... this Amid is an unbeliever and on that premise, I cannot work in the School he is ... “Peter was vigorously praying but he heard a question he didn’t find the right answer to...
“Who is an unbeliever?” A voice asked him
“Holy Spirit, An unbeliever is anyone who doesn’t believe in God!” Peter answered
“Does Amid believe in God or not?”
“Well, I don’t know, but they believe in Allah!”
“Who is Allah to them?”
Peter didn’t have the right answer, he stood up instead and crashed on his bed covering His Head with a Pillow. He didn’t like where the conversation was heading....
“ Peter, I thought we were still having a conversation?” The voice said
Peter didn’t answer....
“ There is a lot you need to learn, Peter... Let’s talk and reason together!” The voice in his heart said but Peter was not ready for any reasoning. His mind was made up; He was not serving the Same God with the Muslims and that was Final!
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2020
PART 6
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi O. Akintunde
Rokibah sat on her praying mat, interceding for her husband....She had completed her five prayers for the day. This was a personal plea...
“Most Holy Allah ( SWT)I pray to you on behalf of my husband Amid, do not let him become a victim of the ongoing religious battle. Please bring peace to this chaotic world. Let the Christians understand that we serve the same God, though we may have our different views and experiences about you. Keep me safe and Keep my son Ishmael safe.” Rokibah prayed....
Roseline was putting Isaac to sleep. She kept talking to the Holy Spirit.
“God, please speak to Peter and give him the ability to forgive and tolerate the Muslim brethren. I may not be able to affirm the authenticity of the practice of their religion, but I am sure you are their father too, though My sister told me their religion doesn’t permit them to see you as their father out of regard for you, nevertheless we are sure of one thing... You are our creator. Therefore, Creator of the Universe, deal with this hatred between we brothers of the same father...Though, Peter says we don’t serve the same God, which I don’t know if that is true, but One thing is sure. The devil never created anyone, and that makes you the creator of All. Jesus our saviour also died for ALL while we yet sinners, therefore, Give Peter the Large heart to understand that we are the children of the same father in Jesus name I pray” Roseline said as she sat on Isaac’s bed...
The next morning, Amid alighted from the vehicle as he waved goodbye to Rokibah and Ishmael. Rokibah drove off.
As Amid got to the University gate, the security officer refused opening the campus gate for Him...
“What’s happening sir?” Amid said to the security who used to be very friendly to him.
“The school management instructed me not to let you in. I was instructed to give you this.” The Security said handing over an envelope to Amid...
Amid’s heart started pounding as he hurriedly opened the letter...
“REVOKING OF ADMISSION”
Amid could not believe what he was seeing...
“Why?” He said loudly
“Is it because I am a Muslim” Amid said angrily...
“Why?” He said as he started banging the school gate.
The security officer tried calming him down.
“Mr Amid, I know you are a good man but from what we heard, it was a board decision. Your being a Muslim is not acceptable here.” The security man said
Amid stood dumbfounded...
“I am not going anywhere...” Amid said as he stood by the gate.
“The young man has been standing at the entrance for 4 hours...” A concerned Ryan said to Peter
“Does that not confirm what I have been saying... That shows he has hidden motives” Peter replied
“What then should we do?” Ryan asked
“We inform the police about him stating that we discovered him as a potential threat, so we decided to revoke his admission. He will be warned never to come close to the school.” Peter said
Ryan picked his phone and called on the police...
Rokibah was driving towards Amid. She was surprised to see him outside Already.
“Your Baba is on time today, what a Miracle!” Rokibah said to Smiling Ishmael.
“Baba, Babaaa” Ishmael chatted off
Rokibah knew something was wrong the instant she parked. Amid wasn’t smiling.
She alighted from the Vehicle leaving Ishmael in the vehicle...
“Amid, what is wrong?”
“Rokibah, they locked me out and revoked my admission because I am a Muslim...” Amid said in tears
“Amid, they can’t do that! Just relax, we will sort this out...” Rokibah said trying to pull Amid away from the gate to the car…
Almost immediately, the siren of a police van was blasting loud in the air...
“Did they call the police on you?” Rokibah asked in a very angry voice...
A van with the inscription “ANTI TERRORISM SQUAD” parked behind their vehicle...
There was no explaining.., they rounded Amid and Rokibah... Amid was immediately handcuffed...
“What did I do? “ Amid said screaming
“What are you doing? My husband is not a terrorist. He is a student here, he is a good man. He is a father, my child is in the vehicle... As Rokibah turned to where Ishmael was in the Vehicle, the vehicle had disappeared. It was no longer in sight...
“My car! My car! My babyyyyyy... Ishmael where are you?” Rokibah ran towards the space where she parked the vehicle. In trying to reach Amid earlier, she had left the Key in the Ignition.
“Did someone steal my car and my baby?” Rokibah asked hysterically
To be continued....

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2020
PART 7
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
The security Man came out of the university gate attesting to the fact that Rokibah brought her baby...
Amid was in tears, Rokibah was mute. The police took the cuffs off Amid’s hands and asked to see the School Registrar. Rokibah looked like she had lost her sanity. Amid placed a call to his brother...Farouq. Farouq was the fanatic in his family, he wasn’t friends with any Christian, a fault Amid had always found in him, but recently his wife Shuba was making a difference in his life. However, Amid knew he was the one who had everyone’s back in Amid’s family...
“Farouq, My Son has been kidnapped. The Christian university I attend revoked my admission and called the police on me because I am a Muslim ....so while Rokibah came around, she left the baby in the car... Farouq, my baby has been stolen...” Amid said stuttering.
Simultaneously as he spoke, it dawned on him the consequences of what he was doing. Knowing who Farouq was, Farouq was going to destroy everywhere should he get to the campus. Amid quickly hung up the phone... He could not believe Ishmael was gone...Gone to where?
Ryan, the Registrar was informed about what was happening at the gate. He became agitated as to what the outcome would be. A lot of things crossed his mind, He thought of how he was going to lose his Job if anything out of hand happened. He was standing in as the Acting Vice Chancellor as the Vice Chancellor had gone on a Study leave. He could see the drama happening on the screen in his office, thanks to the CCTV at the entrance.
“Peter!” He said angrily as he looked on the CCTV screen looking out for where he was. Peter was the one that ignited the Fire, and now the Fire was burning he was nowhere in sight…
He had been dialing Peter’s line but it was engaged...
Meanwhile, the school bus bringing Isaac got to the university gate. The driver insisted on driving in to deliver Isaac to his father. The security man obliged him and opened the gate for him. Greg, the driver who was very familiar with Peter alighted leaving the other children with the assistant in the bus.
On the other hand Peter was standing at his safe corner at the back of the administrative block, he loved staying under the short tree to speak with Roseline while waiting for Isaac...
He noticed his phone kept beeping. He took his phone off his ear to see who it was...
“Greg! The school bus driver” Peter’s alert went crazy...
“Isaac! What could have happened to Isaac” Peter said within himself so as not to get Roseline tensed...
“Sweetheart, I need to go, I have a call!” Peter said quickly before hanging up. He didn’t wait to get a response from Roseline.
“Hello Greg?”
“Mr Peter, I have been looking for you all over, Isaac is here with me... Where are you?”
Peter rushed to the reception to receive his son...
“Thank you Greg! It‘s unlike you to drop off Isaac to me in the premises, I hope everything is okay..?”
As he asked that question, he got the response instead from Amid on the Television Screen at the reception... News reporters were already in front of the school interviewing Amid...
“No... Everything isn’t alright... I was admitted to this school few months back, the registrar knew I was a Muslim and I signed the Students’ code of conduct. Part of the code of conduct was not to preach or try to convert any of the students to any religion apart from Christianity, which I totally abide by, but suddenly I was given a letter, revoking my admission this morning...
Out of feeling terrible and not ready to give up easily, I stayed outside the gate for hours and my son who came along with his mother was kidnapped from my wife’s car...” Amid was saying on the T.V at the reception.
“Jesus! Is this how you work?” Peter said smiling victoriously....”Is this how you pay the evil ones in their own Coin. Now at least one of them will know what it feels like to lose a son.” Peter said inwardly as he carried Isaac safely in his hands...
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 6:59am On Jul 27, 2020
PART 8
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
Opeyemi O. Akintunde
Peter stood by his safe corner at the back of the administrative block eagerly narrating what was happening to Roseline...
“Roseline, this is the pure act of God, This is God paying one of the Muslims with what they have meted out to other people. In one day of destroying that hospital, our country lost 46 men, 70 Women and 126 children including own son Abraham, now today the terrorist I exposed has just lost his son... I am sure they will know what it feels like” Peter said joyously as he left Isaac to have fun around...
“Honey, we won’t be coming home anytime soon. From what I saw on the screen, I can’t pass through that gate unnoticed... “ Peter was saying so much...but he noticed Roseline wasn’t saying anything...
“Roseline... Are you there?”
“Hmm... “ Roseline sounded unhappy and Peter knew that sound...
“Roseline, Are you okay?”
“Huh! Huh!!” She said again
“No you are NOT! What is wrong Baby?”
“Just lost for words!”
“Why?”
“Wondering where my husband is?”
“I am in School like I told?”
“No, my husband is not the man in that school speaking to me right now, My Husband Peter, would never rejoice that a man lost his child, or that a man’s child is being kidnapped… My believing Husband would never do that! The man speaking to me right now is a stranger, a callous man not any different from the same people he is criticizing” Roseline said
Peter felt like Roseline opened a fresh tap of cold water on him...
“Roseline, I am not anything close to them, Roseline, why are you living in self-denial, they killed Abraham.” Peter said
“And God gave us Isaac to comfort us, Christ commanded us to Love our enemies, not hate on them back or pay them back in their own Coin. Peter, we should pray for them instead, maybe our prayers will make them have a change of heart...”
“No, I won’t pray for the enemy that knows what he is doing, rather one after the other, I pray God extinguishes them so that children like Isaac will be safe....” Peter said as he looked towards where Isaac was playing.
“Isaac! Where is Isaac?” Peter said as he looked around for his son...
“Isaac, Peter what is wrong with Isaac?” Roseline asked over the phone sounding alarmed…
“I can’t find Him, he was right here with me!” Peter said running around looking for Isaac...
“Isaac! Isaac!” Peter screamed, but the reply he got was the sound of loud gunshots....
“Was that a gunshot?” Roseline asked over the phone
“Yes!”
“Peter, whereeeee is my son?” Roseline screamed over the phone followed by loud sobs....
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Re: ISHMAEL & ISAAC Written By Opeyemi O.akintunde by oloyedprince1(m): 7:01am On Jul 27, 2020
PART 9
“ISHMAEL & ISAAC”
The whole University was in a massive uproar, the students were hiding, trying to save their innocent lives as Fareed had invaded the premises with other members of the Islamic brotherhood society. Fareed was One of Farouq’s contact.
35 MINUTES EARLIER....
Farouq was in the gathering of 49 men he met months back. They called themselves “The Islamic Brotherhood”. They had approached him 3 months earlier at the market where he went to shop for his wife, Shuba...
“As- Salaam - Ailakum” Said one of the three men to Farouq. They looked polished and clean. Their appearance showed they were clean and responsible Muslims. Farouq after a brief moment responded...
“Wa- Ailakum -Salaam” Farouq replied...
“Brother, we come in peace, we belong to an Islamic society and looking at you, you look like someone who will fit in with us. Our vision is to take over this country for Allah and we need as much soldiers as possible. Here is our contact and our proposed plan. Please you are not to share with anyone, not even your wife. If you are interested, please reach out to us...” Said the man....
Farouq didn’t get back to them as he wasn’t ready to join a society that told him not to discuss their dealings with his wife Shuba but on hearing Amid’s voice he knew that was the time to use that contact....
He had called them before going to meet them physically....
“Hello, my name is Farouq, you met me at the market three months ago, and you...” Farouq was saying but Fareed the receiver cut in
“We know who you are, it took you a long time to make up your mind...” Fareed was saying but Farouq cut in...
“Yes, but right now I need your help, my brother is being victimized by a Christian institution and from what he told me now over the phone, they have hijacked his son...” Farouq said in a rush
“Brother Farouq, can you be calmer and explain things better, besides what do you want us to do?” Fareed said
“I thought you were a brotherhood who could help Muslims when one needed help”
“Yes, but you are not a member yet!”
“Prove to me that this membership will be worth it by helping my brother now!” Farouq said raising his voice...
“Is your brother the one being show on National T.V in front of the Christian University?”
“Yes...”
“Ok first things first, You need to come over to where we are.” Fareed said
“Where?” Farouq asked
Farouq went to the Warehouse Address that was located in the quiet countryside of the city...
PRESENT TIME
About 40 masked men with arms surfaced suddenly, the anti-terrorism squad took to their heels as they had been outnumbered...
“Allahu Akbar!” (God is the greatest) was the loud phrase the 40 men were shouting. As Amid saw what was happening, he knew he had made a mistake by calling Farouq...As he suspected, he noticed one of the masked men reached out to him and his wife...
“You must be Amid and Rokibah?” He asked. Amid nodded and with a gentle push, he pushed them into a waiting black SUV...
“My baby...” Rokibah was saying “Won’t I get my baby back?”
The driver of the SUV sped off.
Rokibah kept crying profusely... Amid was blaming himself. He felt he should have just taken the letter in good faith and went home. The gunshots and uproar won’t be happening!
“My goodness, Allah please don’t let there be bloodshed today because of me...” Amid prayed quietly
Amid watched as people were running across the street for shelter... And by a corner as the driver took a bend, he saw a little boy about the age of Ishmael crying as he saw the uproar happening all around him.
The boy looked half black half white. He was an half caste... Amid watched as a stray bullet hit a man just about 2 meters away from the boy...
“Driver, please stop...” Amid said the driver didn’t Answer Amid.
“Brother, I am directed to take you to the camp.” The driver said
“Allah forgive me for the lie I am about to tell!” Amid said under his breath
“I think I just saw my missing son... please stop the vehicle... please, I beg you in the name of Allah!” Amid said, knowing that no Muslim would turn you down when you beg for a Favour in the name of Allah.
Rokibah on hearing that Amid could have seen Ishmael joined in begging the man in the name of Allah...
“Please Sir, listen to the cry of a mother, in the name of Allah!” Rokibah said
The driver stepped on the brakes...
“Where?”
“Some minutes back!”
The driver engaged the reverse gear and drove the car backwards....
“That’s him…” Amid said alighting and rushing to carry the boy...
As soon as Amid brought the boy back into the car, Rokibah cried out in disappointment...
“This is not my child!” Rokibah cried...
To be continued

DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE

(1) (Reply)

Hbd To Me / Story:when Love Speaks / Mom's Best Friend And I (18+ Romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.