Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time (1060 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2020
Hello gurus and builders in the house.

Like most Nigerians, my dream is to own my own house, irrespective of how small. As long as I have a secured place to lay my head at the end of the day and never have to worry about rent, some burden would have been lifted.

I currently pay almost 300k for a 1 bedroom apartment. My intention is to get my house to a livable stage before my rent expires or at best, 6 months after it does. My landlord is a kind man and he may be willing to accept 6 months payment.

Now to the issue on ground, I know most people are eager to build and are afraid of the cost. To be honest, my plan was to do this in 2 years but now that I have started, I think it's possible to get this done in a year.

I purchased half plot of land measuring 226 sqm and I have started building a 3 bedroom bungalow on it. All rooms ensuite.

In the next sections, I'll post how much we've spent so far and how much we will be spending. The project began 2 days ago.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by qwertyboss(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2020
Booked
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by talk2ibk(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2020
Following earnestly for motivation
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by Sunnymatey(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2020
lm with you
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by Skyfornia(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2020
JustCryptos:
Hello gurus and builders in the house.

Like most Nigerians, my dream is to own my own house, irrespective of how small. As long as I have a secured place to lay my head at the end of the day and never have to worry about rent, some burden would have been lifted.

I currently pay almost 300k for a 1 bedroom apartment. My intention is to get my house to a livable stage before my rent expires or at best, 6 months after it does. My landlord is a kind man and he may be willing to accept 6 months payment.

Now to the issue on ground, I know most people are eager to build and are afraid of the cost. To be honest, my plan was to do this in 2 years but now that I have started, I think it's possible to get this done in a year.

I purchased half plot of land measuring 226 sqm and I have started building a 3 bedroom bungalow on it. All rooms ensuite.

In the next sections, I'll post how much we've spent so far and how much we will be spending. The project began 2 days ago.

Following...please quote me as you continue
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Aside the cost of land, survey plan, building plan and other fees and permits, I have spent the following so far.

Please note: I am not a designer, builder, or architect. I am just an excited tenant hoping to become a landlord.

[b]Preparation[/b]
1. Clearing of land: #5000
2. Uprooting of tree: There was 1 bug palm tree which was uprooted for #4000

Setting Out
1. Pegs - #1500
2. The site engineer provided the ropes
3. Digging - 250/meters 100/root stump
At the end of the day, this amounted to 105 meters and 39 stumps. Total - #30,150

I already purchased the following
1. 1000 6'' hollow blocks @ 130 - #130,000
2. 40 bags of cement @2700 - #108,000
3. Single axle sharp sand - #27,000
4. Single axle of 3/8 - #29,000.

The foundation was dug to 2 meters and will be 5 coaches to DPC.

In addition to the items above, I have spent an extra #61,000 on labour and an extra #15,000 on the site engineer.

The first and second days, 3 labourers and 3 masons were used. 4 masons and 4 labourers were used today.

Mason - 3500/day
Labourers - 2500/day

Current overall total - #409,150
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by dapotemi: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2020
Following you closely on this project..... Doing something similar soon. I decided to fence the land first and the person supervising it told me we had close to 200 blocks after the fence was completed so he advise we erect two shops by the side, it was a good idea so i ask him to proceed.
The shop was not budgeted for and i have spent about 400k doing the roofing and ceiling, gate, and some other touches on the shop, so it was a little set back (money wise), but i love it. I have spent like 1.5 million on fence/gate and shop/gate. Am about to start the main building now, is your location in lagos?
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
dapotemi:

Location is Port Harcourt.
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by dapotemi: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
JustCryptos:

Mine is lagos.
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by Edimakan(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
JustCryptos:

I do paintings (stucoat ,screeding and painting even wallpapers etc) am based in port Harcourt
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by cuddling44(f): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=dapotemi post=92027352] Following you closely on this project..... Doing something similar soon. I decided to fence the land first and the person supervising it told me we had close to
Pls ow many plots are u fencing and how many 6 inches blocks and cement did it consume.. d laboures payments... pls
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Edimakan:

I do paintings (stucoat ,screeding and painting even wallpapers etc) am based in port Harcourt

I'll keep that in mind.
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=cuddling44 post=92056858][/quote]

I have not fenced yet. However my land is 1/2 plot with an access way meant only for my land. I'll begin the process of fencing in the next 2-3 weeks by God's grace.

There are some threads that tell you how to calculate the number of blocks and cement here on Nairaland though.
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
I was on site today and I am happy with the level of progress made. Today makes it day for and I believe the foundation must have been raised to dpc level (5 coaches).

The soakaway/septic tank is already been dug with the assurance that it will be ready by tomorrow. If there's time, blinding for the soakaway will be done tomorrow as well.

First pic, Day 1: After digging
Second pic, Day 4: Dpc

I am however not happy about the numerous payments involved in obtaining permits to build here. So far, I have spent over 200k on payments. Another group came today and I may have to spend an extra 130-150k.

Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by Edimakan(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
JustCryptos:
I was on site today and I am happy with the level of progress made. Today makes it day for and I believe the foundation must have been raised to dpc level (5 coaches).

The soakaway/septic tank is already been dug with the assurance that it will be ready by tomorrow. If there's time, blinding for the soakaway will be done tomorrow as well.

I am however not happy about the numerous payments involved in obtaining permits to build here. So far, I have spent over 200k on payments. Another group came today and I may have to spend an extra 130-150k.

That's port Harcourt for you........if your compound is fenced always lock your gate and don't let anyone in except your workers or u'll continue paying different kinds of money to different groups

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by erico2k2(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2020
Edimakan:

That's port Harcourt for you........if your compound is fenced always lock your gate and don't let anyone in except your workers or u'll continue paying different kinds of money to different groups
there was a new o be they manufactured i have 4gotten the name now it cost 20k ahaha
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by toluxa1(m): 2:43am On Jun 12, 2021
JustCryptos:

What happened with your project
Re: Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Real Time by JustCryptos: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2021
toluxa1:

What happened with your project

My brother, I am almost done. Got caught up with work. Will be moving in next month.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Well For Sale Opl 326 Oil Block Location: *niger Delta* Price: *$3billion / Dammyreal Interior And Exterior Design / Cost Of A 2 Bedroom Apartment Around Ui In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.