Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City (18826 Views)

A 3 Bedroom Duplex, Visitors Charlet & Boys Quarte For Sale. @ Wuse Zone4, Abuja / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hello Nairalanders
I decided to take a bold step this year and build a house.
I reside in Lagos but wanted to build in Benin city, because the cost of land in Lagos was quite high.
I got across to an agent and got a 50X100 land for 2m, situated down airport road, after Ogba zoo!
well placed land, along a major road and by a junction.

I plan to build a
-3 Bedroom flat ( All rooms Ensuite)
-An Anteroom
-Dining
-Kitchen
-Store
-Laundry
-little lounge for the master's bedroom.
-Gate man house.

I will be posting the plan tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Newboss(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
At 2m,it's actually a good deal! angry Hope you were not hoodwinked sha! angry I wish I could get a 100 by 200 for 5m in Benin! angry

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 12:16am On Jan 18, 2018
Newboss:
At 2m,it's actually a good deal! angry Hope you were not hoodwinked sha! angry I wish I could get a 100 by 200 for 5m in Benin! angry

Is possible

Contact me if you ready.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 4:27am On Jan 18, 2018
no, i was not, I did a lot of background check before i paid. We have started work on the land already
Newboss:
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 5:26am On Jan 18, 2018
I bought the blocks already on the land and started molding mine immediately
Mrmarley:
Hello Nairalanders
I reside in Lagos but wanted to build in Benin city, because the cost of land in Lagos was quite high.
I got across to an agent and got a 50X100 land for 2m, situated down airport road, after Ogba zoo!

I plan to build a
-An Anteroom
-Dining
-Kitchen
-Store
-Laundry
-Gate man house.

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Newboss(m): 7:00am On Jan 18, 2018
Mrmarley:
no, i was not, I did a lot of background check before i paid. We have started work on the land already
Wow! Congrats man! Such deals hardly come by! angry
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Newboss(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2018
donvicky2007:

Is possible

Contact me if you ready.
100 by 200 for 5m in Benin? You're sure?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2018
Newboss:

Yea is very possible, note benin is very big,except you are talking of areas like airport road,ugbowo, sapele road etc.
Still on that I can still get you 100 by 200 @5m. In Benin.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks man �
Newboss:
Wow! Congrats man! Such deals hardly come by! angry
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by AreaFada2: 10:00am On Jan 18, 2018
Newboss:

If you drive and you are ready to go a bit off the major road you can get. If you just want a large compound to live in, not for ROI in the near term. But prices are shooting up rapidly.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by kinzodigital: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
donvicky2007:

Is possible

Contact me if you ready.
Hello,will you be able to get a land of 100ft x 150ft or 100 x 200ft in a built up area in Benin City for me?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2018
This is very true! mine was initially supposed to go for 1.8M in just two weeks they increased it to 2M. also the road was recently graded so I guess that also affected the price.
AreaFada2:

If you drive and you are ready to go a bit off the major road you can get. If you just want a large compound to live in, not for ROI in the near term. But prices are shooting up rapidly.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
Here is the floor plan and the 3D. The foundation has been laid and we are close to DPC, Hopefully we should start filling by tomorrow or next. I have been told a plan is just a guild, so i plan to change a few things.

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
kinzodigital:

Hello,will you be able to get a land of 100ft x 150ft or 100 x 200ft in a built up area in Benin City for me?

Yes, but what's your price?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
AreaFada2:

Thanks man. Benin is fast developing, even Amagba GRA is fast developing with the speed of light.

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
Mrmarley:
Here is the floor plan and the 3D. The foundation has been laid and we are close to DPC, Hopefully we should start filling by tomorrow or next. I have been told a plan is just a guild, so i plan to change a few things.
What do u intend to change since u have already reach dpc sir?
From your 3d u will be needing an engr on site to sucessfully achieve that entrance with cantilever beam...
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by kinzodigital: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2018
donvicky2007:

Yes, but what's your price?

Which area do you have the land,what is the size and how much is it?
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
I plan to change the placement of some of the windows. The ante room for example has 2 windows. I’m going to put an L shaped window instead and the mater has his a single window on the back and I wish to put two a little close to the edge for proper ventilation.
Rubbiish:

What do u intend to change since u have already reach dpc sir?
From your 3d u will be needing an engr on site to sucessfully achieve that entrance with cantilever beam...
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by twinskenny(m): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2018
Mrmarley:

congratulations OP

guess this is not holow block?

any reason?
thanks
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
Mrmarley:
I plan to change the placement of some of the windows. The ante room for example has 2 windows. I’m going to put an L shaped window instead and the mater has his a single window on the back and I wish to put two a little close to the edge for proper ventilation.
Okay...nice

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
kinzodigital:

Which area do you have the land,what is the size and how much is it?

Amagba 4.8M 100x200........
If you have your choice location, you can let me know ,then will tell you the price. "100 by 200 "
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by kinzodigital: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2018
donvicky2007:

Amagba 4.8M 100x200........
If you have your choice location, you can let me know ,then will tell you the price. "100 by 200 "

I want any land in a developed area of Benin City that is not more than 3 buildings from the major road.Minimum 100 by 100 ft
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by donvicky2007: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
kinzodigital:

I want any land in a developed area of Benin City that is not more than 3 buildings from the major road.Minimum 100 by 100 ft

You price range with determine my lookout, Airport road,GRA, Sapele road,some part of ugbowo should be count out expect you are ready to splash big.

Focus will be Ogba, obe, Amagba,ishior/oluku these area are fast developing getting a land along the road or few plots along the road will come in handy,so your price range will my next step.
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
I decided to use solid blocks because I lived in a house before where they used 6 inches hollow blocks and I was trying to fix my split unit AC, the wall couldn't hold the hanger, also my kitchen cabinet was falling off!
for this project, i am using both 6 inches solid and 5 inches solid....6inches for the surrounding and 5 inches inside.
twinskenny:

congratulations OP

guess this is not holow block?

any reason?
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2018
We are at the DPC level now and I have ordered for filling sand to be supplied, 3 trips have been supplied today, while moulding of blocks will continue. I am estimating at least ten 4in1 filling sand will be more than enough.
I got one 4in1 for 30k that leaves me at 300k for filling minus the money for the labor. I will post the money spent so far as soon as the filling has been done.
Mrmarley:
Hello Nairalanders

I plan to build a
-An Anteroom
-Dining
-Kitchen
-Store
-Laundry
-Gate man house.

4 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by buzzetin(m): 3:41am On Jan 20, 2018
This is good .

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
The filling has started, We are moving fast but not as fast as I envisaged. I really can not wait for it to get to roofing level, left to me we should be at window level now but the engineer on site wont have it!
Mrmarley:
We are at the DPC level now and I have ordered for filling sand to be supplied, 3 trips have been supplied today, while moulding of blocks will continue. I am estimating at least ten 4in1 filling sand will be more than enough.
I got one 4in1 for 30k that leaves me at 300k for filling minus the money for the labor. I will post the money spent so far as soon as the filling has been done.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Rubbiish(m): 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mrmarley:
I decided to use solid blocks because I lived in a house before where they used 6 inches hollow blocks and I was trying to fix my split unit AC, the wall couldn't hold the hanger, also my kitchen cabinet was falling off!
for this project, i am using both 6 inches solid and 5 inches solid....6inches for the surrounding and 5 inches inside.
These are valid points for using solid blocks

2 Likes

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by twinskenny(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
Mrmarley:

thats a nice idea..

1 Like

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2018
This is how far we have gone within two days!
Mrmarley:
The filling has started, We are moving fast but not as fast as I envisaged. I really can not wait for it to get to roofing level, left to me we should be at window level now but the engineer on site wont have it!

Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by twinskenny(m): 11:56am On Jan 26, 2018
Well done OP
In case you can check our thread..

https://www.nairaland.com/4267292/2017-projects-review-pictures-electrical

God speed
Re: Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City by Mrmarley(m): 8:13am On Jan 28, 2018
We are at lintel level now, pictures attached!
I am having difficulty deciding what kind of parapet to do.
I am seriously thinking of going for the PRECAST but I am told CONCRETE is stronger.
Mrmarley:
This is how far we have gone within two days!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More properties updates and please rate this website / The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt / Facing Amen Estate Phase 1,sharing Fence With Amen Estate Phase 2 +2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.