Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,161 members, 7,953,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

Are You Afraid Of Setting Up A Business In Nigeria? Let's Discuss! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You Afraid Of Setting Up A Business In Nigeria? Let's Discuss! (210 Views)

4 Challenges Of Setting Up A Side Income And Working Full-time / What's The Cost Of Setting Up A Petrol Filling Station In Nigeria? / Please What Is The Cost Of Setting Up A Mini Palm Kernel Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Afraid Of Setting Up A Business In Nigeria? Let's Discuss! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2020
Let's join hands and vex am out. Things can only get wrong if we keep quiet.

You have a business!
You sell goods or render services. I know some persons who want to even do both.
Some of us are even doing business by association. We are not even registered or known to law. grin grin

You run your own business . Some online, others offline, while the rest who are old school like myself, an hybrid of both business!

Perhaps, you have a shop and an office space where you operate your business from.

You run it all by yourself or you have a staff!

The truth remains, and there is no denying that doing business in Nigeria is difficult. Even Seun, will tell you that doing business in Nigeria is not easy. Especially when flying a trans-national brand.

What is the rationale behind this thread you might want to ask?

As a student of the ancientology, egyptology, history, law, theology, and business, I have always wondered what the future of our dear nation is.

African-Americans are coming to understand that the system in their respective country of residence does not have them in mind, as the system was designed to their disadvantage.

They will be glad to associate with an African country that will give these advantages they crave with passion. But how is Nigeria positioning herself politically as a nation?

A friend residing in New York called recently to discuss the possibility of investing in Lagos, Nigeria. I have been preaching to him on the need to invest in Lagos.

He and his friends are willing to bring in some funds, but how do they recuperate there investment? Na dat be the koko! No one will invest in anything he does not expect to reap profit.

Even in religion, there is always an ultimate goal!

I recently made a post on a thread on why I believe the owners of Opay and Go-Kada ought to sue the government of the day for policy inconsistencies.

We all know that the government who issued licenses , regulated them, and suddenly woke up one day and decided to revoke their licenses.
We both know how many job, expected revenue and family were gone with the wind. Let's not even mention the massive loss of funds.

Why should one of us in the diaspora be willing to move in some funds to create jobs and improve the standard of living, if the nation is not ready to guarantee his/her investment?

Dangote recently dropped in position as one of the richest black men in the world. His loss, is not less than $15 billion. This was due mainly to no other reason but the decline in the naira's purchasing power.

What occasioned this loss of revenue? Policy inconsistencies!!!

Let's not even mention police brutality, looting in government offices, mismanagement of public funds, and binge borrowing.

That is another cancer killing our dear nation. How can we sustain the habit of spending over 90% of our earning to service debts?

It only presupposes that soon we will have to borrow to pay debts while having nothing to run the country.

But where do we start from, and how to we fix our country Nigeria?

If the country cannot be fixed, how can we protect our businesses?

Let's discuss
Re: Are You Afraid Of Setting Up A Business In Nigeria? Let's Discuss! by dawnomike(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2020
Fixing this country?
I gave up on that few years ago as it seems corruption and bad-practuces have become endemic in this nation. From the corrupt leaders to the followers whol want to make money overnight. We no longer have anything close to due process.

The best investment in Lagos that will not be affected by government's policy is property developments (Especially on the Island)

The best businesses in Nigeria that will never be on the wrong side of government policies are Agriculture and Exportation.
Re: Are You Afraid Of Setting Up A Business In Nigeria? Let's Discuss! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
dawnomike:
Fixing this country?
I gave up on that few years ago as it seems corruption and bad-practuces have become endemic in this nation. From the corrupt leaders to the followers whol want to make money overnight. We no longer have anything close to due process.

The best investment in Lagos that will not be affected by government's policy is property developments (Especially on the Island)

The best businesses in Nigeria that will never be on the wrong side of government policies are Agriculture and Exportation.

Agriculture is not so full proof. There have been situations where farms fail and investors funds go down the drain. I have seen too many cases on such to know that it is not full proof.

Most farmers greed won't let them obtain a comprehensive insurance for the entire farming season.

Exportation business is king. Mainly because of the advantages.

(1) (Reply)

Eskimo Puppies For Sale / Join Mbnews And Get Free 10mb Daily (ending Soon) / Visit Voks Technologies To Get Your Web Design And Graphic Design Services!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.