Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

The People's Republic Of Comedy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The People's Republic Of Comedy (158 Views)

Wike Receives President Of The Republic Of Senegal, Bassirou Diomaye / The Moment Abiola Declared Himself President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria. / Ekiti Election: Revealed At Last, See The People Who Made Fayemi Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The People's Republic Of Comedy by Popeonpoint: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
[left]THE PEOPLE's REPUBLIC  OF COMEDY
The memory of the legendary of Fela Anikulapo Kuti, song, "Suffering and Smiling ' came to mind, during the on going NDDC probe. In my observation I discovered that, Nigeria needed to change her name To the People's republic of Comedy. When an highly educated  individual could tell the world that, over $9 billion found in his house was a gift from friends. This is a country where monkeys and snakes are "nairavorous/dollarvorous". Few weeks ago, the military gave us a hope that terrorists have met their waterloo. In fact the question was either they would grant their leader amnesty or not, as he was then ready to surrender, was on the public domain. But, within a short period of time, the Nigerian military is being bombarded by the terrorists. To the extent that about 365 soldiers resigned. An occurrence I found very strange and sad. Honestly, I challenge the Nigerian youths like my humble self to engage the political elites in an intellectual discussion on the social media platform, which a large number of young people have the mastery of. I am afraid that if we continue to smile and make fun of grievous offences against divinity and humanity being committed by some political elites we are not sure of living a good legacy for generation unborn. In summary, let us identify some of the problems or challenges facing us as a Nation and proffer solutions.  SomehowSomeday someone in the corridor of power may find your contributions worthy to consider.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Security Agencies Must Probe Ex-ssg's Confessions / Smallholder Farmers To Benefit N1.1M From Fg’s Agric For Food And Job Scheme / National Assembly: ‘theatre Of The Absurd’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.