Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized (1714 Views)

Abacha Loot: Al-Mustapha Talks About How Funds Were Taken Out Of Nigeria / Sowore Gives Account Of How Publicly-raised Campaign Funds Were Spent / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by honestlyman: 7:52am On Aug 03, 2020
When I see write up like this I laughed, see my friend live that thing, check out the derivation from federal government to all the Niger delta state you be surprised, look at bayesa for example with all the money they receive from federal government, go and look at the state,go to delta state and most of the people living in niger delta are living in abject poverty, with nothing to show for its government, more money is not niger delta problem, we should stop this nonsense, look at nddc for example, a commission setup for the development of the region,it has been used for personal gains, are we still going to blame the north no,niger as far am concerned is the most confused region in Nigeria. They blame every body without blaming them self go to kano go and see what ganduje is doing with oil money,go to lagos and other parts of Nigeria, come to niger delta with all the money they are have received from federal government nothing to show for it, my prayers is Nigeria should not break because niger delta will suffer the most, don't think that time the government will change if you think like that then you don't understand the reality of life, people don't change with more money in their hand, any character they depict has already been in them, that life for you
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 03, 2020
mrvitalis:
I don't really get you people....no Niger Delta states gets upto 1 billion dollars in allocation every year

nddc gets less than 1 billion a year as allocation

It's far more expensive to construct roads in Niger Delta than most place in Nigeria ....sometimes 5 more than places like abuja roads ....

Niger Delta have one of the most even distribution of development in Nigeria ....we know they lot and steal but they are not different from other leaders in Nigeria

Niger Delta generate over 15 billion dollars a year and gets less than 4 billion a year ...that's absolutely unfair ....we need to give them their oil money so they can hold themselves accountable

U don't steal from someone because he mismanaged his money ...all this are just to kill the call for restructuring

Most governors in South south are working better than any other region in Nigeria
Which Niger Delta state can boast of portable water,electricity,world class hospital or transpotation system 20 years after return to democracy?
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2020
honestlyman:
When I see write up like this I laughed, see my friend live that thing, check out the derivation from federal government to all the Niger delta state you be surprised, look at bayesa for example with all the money they receive from federal government, go and look at the state,go to delta state and most of the people living in niger delta are living in abject poverty, with nothing to show for its government, more money is not niger delta problem, we should stop this nonsense, look at nddc for example, a commission setup for the development of the region,it has been used for personal gains, are we still going to blame the north no,niger as far am concerned is the most confused region in Nigeria. They blame every body without blaming them self go to kano go and see what ganduje is doing with oil money,go to lagos and other parts of Nigeria, come to niger delta with all the money they are have received from federal government nothing to show for it, my prayers is Nigeria should not break because niger delta will suffer the most, don't think that time the government will change if you think like that then you don't understand the reality of life, people don't change with more money in their hand, any character they depict has already been in them, that life for you
I lived in Delta State for 12 years, I saw the abject poverty there. The money goes to the politicians,traditional rulers and crumbs filters to their thugs.

The average Delta state resident can't say there is anything they have personally benefited from the government.
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Which Niger Delta state can boast of portable water,electricity,world class hospital or transpotation system 20 years after return to democracy?
Which region can boast of that ? ...can even Lagos ? ...u think extra 13% can achieve that ?

Give Niger Delta all the oil money and watch them develop at a fast rate ...what has the rest Nigeria done with 75% of the oil money ...u want to blame Niger Delta for not using 25% well
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

We dont have the oil you have in Delta....look how we are now. Imagine if we had the oil....what we can do.
When Nigeria shares 80% of the oil money ...Lagos makes more revenue in a year than any Niger Delta State and is smaller than any Niger Delta State

U were developed by FG for 72 years ....yet it's not dubia .....and u still have mouth to talk
What of your state
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:
[/b]

Please clarify the bold. What do you call "working better"
Name a region better than Niger Delta overall I would wait
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by MetaPhysical: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

When Nigeria shares 80% of the oil money ...Lagos makes more revenue in a year than any Niger Delta State and is smaller than any Niger Delta State

U were developed by FG for 72 years ....yet it's not dubia .....and u still have mouth to talk
What of your state

I opened a thread specifically to address your point here. Was Lagos developed by FG.....or Lagos developed FG? Im sure you saw it....why have you not gone in there and list how FG developed Lagos? You are doing a disservice to every person who is waiting to hear your position on the development and ownership of Lagos.

Lagos money come from formal and informal sector (what you call agbero money). We put it to use supporting your destitute brothers in Lagos. Dubai deports its destitutes and is able to lessen pressure on its facilities and infrastructures. Lagos cannot. We have designs and blueprints of things to do to really beautify Lagos even more but our leaders refuse to implement them because the uncivilized guests among us will ruin them. Se you get? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 8:45am On Aug 03, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I opened a thread specifically to address your point here. Was Lagos developed by FG.....or Lagos developed FG? Im sure you saw it....why have you not gone in there and list how FG developed Lagos? You are doing a disservice to every person who is waiting to hear your position on the development and ownership of Lagos.

Lagos money come from formal and informal sector (what you call agbero money). We put it to use supporting your destitute brothers in Lagos. Dubai deports its destitutes and is able to lessen pressure on its facilities and infrastructures. Lagos cannot. We have designs and blueprints of things to do to really beautify Lagos even more but our leaders refuse to implement them because the uncivilized guests among us will ruin them. Se you get? grin
Everything in Lagos was either built by federal/ colonial government ...just shut ...call your state let me tell u how much they have collected from oil money
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

Which region can boast of that ? ...can even Lagos ? ...u think extra 13% can achieve that ?

Give Niger Delta all the oil money and watch them develop at a fast rate ...what has the rest Nigeria done with 75% of the oil money ...u want to blame Niger Delta for not using 25% well
Not under the current leadership at local and state level. The corruption in Niger Delta is epidemic and no matter how much money you throw there will be zero development. The Niger Delta can be likened to Gabon and Guinea-Bissau, both countries rich in oil resources, but all the resources looted by the political class.
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Not under the current leadership at local and state level. The corruption in Niger Delta is epidemic and no matter how much money you throw there will be zero development. The Niger Delta can be likened to Gabon and Guinea-Bissau, both countries rich in oil resources, but all the resources looted by the political class.
Firstly Niger Delta get 20% of what they are meant to get and is by far most developed region I'm Nigeria ...that I can tell u for sure

Give Niger Delta their oil money and watch them develop

What has Nigeria done with 80% of the oil money

U just talk without any facts
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

Firstly Niger Delta get 20% of what they are meant to get and is by far most developed region I'm Nigeria ...that I can tell u for sure

Give Niger Delta their oil money and watch them develop

What has Nigeria done with 80% of the oil money

U just talk without any facts
Niger Delta is not developed in any aspect of human development indices:
Education - F9
Housing - F9
Portable Water -F9
Security - F9
Sanitation - F9
Healthcare - F9
Employment - F9
Corruption - A
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Niger Delta is not developed in any aspect of human development indices:
Education - F9
Housing - F9
Portable Water -F9
Security - F9
Sanitation - F9
Healthcare - F9
Employment - F9
Corruption - A
Rivers State has the best educational system in Nigeria ....u can take that to the bank

They have one if the best health care system in Nigeria

Can u name a region that's better than Niger Delta in any of this thing's u listed

All this things you are doing is rubbish ...when the time comes Niger Delta would take their oil n there is nothing u can do about it

Name your state let's see how far
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

Rivers State has the best educational system in Nigeria ....u can take that to the bank

They have one if the best health care system in Nigeria

Can u name a region that's better than Niger Delta in any of this thing's u listed

All this things you are doing is rubbish ...when the time comes Niger Delta would take their oil n there is nothing u can do about it

Name your state let's see how far
Show me the public schools,universities and hospitals the governor and the political class children attend. Stop with the fake news!.

Rivers state is more than Port-Harcourt that is still underdeveloped and looks like a village.
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Show me the public schools,universities and hospitals the governor and the political class children attend. Stop with the fake news!.

Rivers state is more than Port-Harcourt that is still underdeveloped and looks like a village.
Obviously u don't Know port Harcourt ....no point

If u are not ready to mention your state don't mention me again
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
mrvitalis:

Obviously u don't Know port Harcourt ....no point

If u are not ready to mention your state don't mention me again
I have been to Port-Harcourt and is not developed by any means. You have never stepped out of your state, so I don't blame you. You think Port Harcourt is the Abuja of Nigeria. It is far from it, with little to no development.

Development is more than road construction.

I am from Osun state, but grew up in Delta state, which is even worse than Rivers State, when it comes to development.
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by mrvitalis(m): 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I have been to Port-Harcourt and is not developed by any means. You have never stepped out of your state, so I don't blame you. You think Port Harcourt is the Abuja of Nigeria. It is far from it, with little to no development.

Development is more than road construction.

I am from Osun state, but grew up in Delta state, which is even worse than Rivers State, when it comes to development.
Which Niger Delta State is osun better than
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
mrvitalis:

Which Niger Delta State is osun better than
All the states have mismanaged their resources.
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Niger Delta needs to be an example to the rest of the country.
Re: Niger Delta Will Look Like Dubai If Funds Were Properly Utilized by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
Litmus:
RuudVanNisteroy is beginning to get what majority of Nigerians don’t get or don’t want to get. Of course, there are overriding national ethnic injustices and corruption but our state and local government need held to account firstly. We get state governors working for State and people; we get this Nation working for the most part.

Those hankering after revolution, you first need to archive this in your state. Although I’m not actually a supporter of armed revolution

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Inspects Newly Acquired Abuja-kaduna Railway Coaches And Locomotives / Idongesit Nkangha Ring Road 3,covering 10lanes And 8lanes Road … Photos / U.S. Court Orders FBI To Seize $1 Million Chimaroke Nnamani Stole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.