Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. (483 Views)

Unlinking NIN From Recycled Phone Number / Troubles That Relate With Crime-Cases And Recycled Numbers. / Recycled SIM Cards Flood Streets, Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by McKay12: 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Good day everyone, i read a thread here created by a Nairalander (Megaplayboy) about receiving a strange bank alert on a new line.

After going through the comments, i became very worried and disturbed, because I'm in somewhat similar situation now. It was in 2018, i decided to get a new line, specially for the purpose of reaching those of my debtors that are ignoring my calls. I bought an Mtn line from these roadside vendors. But to my surprise, there was no mobile number inscribed on the Sim pack, so i asked why and the vendor told me that after my registration that a number will be allocated to me by Mtn.

So i registered, surprised again that there was no thumbprinting in the process, only my details and picture was taken, i paid them and left. Couple of hours later i received the number from Mtn.
A month later, i got a credit alert from GTB even though i have no account with them, so it dawn on me that i just bought a recycled line.

The account has grown gradually (monthly allowance) to a reasonable amount without any form of debit since then. I would also say that, the bank (Gtb) is not trying, in the sense that i have been receiving all sort of code and numbers to access ( debit) the said account, including a daily recharge of 20k naira, mere phone number should not expose someone account i suppose.

I have not touched the account, but have kept the line and seldom use it, in order to keep it active and avoid it getting to the wrong hand. But now i don't intend keeping it again, pls how do i disengage myself from this line, as i suspect that it's a dead person's account(recycled line).

Cc dragnet, puskin.
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by Bossontop(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
If u registered d line with ur name and other details, better run to ur bank and complain......tor
Don't say i didn't tell u

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by youngsahito(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
don't you receive call from strangers on it
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by McKay12: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
youngsahito:
don't you receive call from strangers on it
I do, but unfortunately, i don't use to answer those calls, and the last time i managed to answer the caller, it was unsuccessful due to language barrier(Yoruba) as i don't understand Yoruba.
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by edoairways: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Report to GTB

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by McKay12: 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
I'm currently contemplating on keeping the mobile line dormant, so that Mtn can recycle it again and re-allocate it to another customer.
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by chatinent: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
On the post you mentioned earlier, there are solutions proffered. Read through.
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by JimmyJab(m): 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
I had a similar issue some years ago. I stopped receiving those alerts after I opened an account with the same bank.
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by Mohbola(f): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
Go to your bank
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by MegaPlayBoy: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
McKay12:
I'm currently contemplating on keeping the mobile line dormant, so that Mtn can recycle it again and re-allocate it to another customer.
Bro
Thatss whaat i did too
I havent used the sim in weeks
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by Sinachi100: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
Transfer some of d money to my account grin
Re: Help! I'm Receiving Bank Alert From Recycled Line. by edoairways: 12:40am On Aug 06, 2020
JideSM answer kindly treat the query above

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Giving Out Unlimited Fun Allowance For 1year / Please Help! I Have Storage Problem With My New Phone / Please, Should I Buy Samsung M31or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.