Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,802 members, 7,866,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents (1595 Views)

APC Agents Give Lagos Residents N1,500, N2,000 To Vote For Sanwo-Olu - FIJ (Pix) / Magu Is Leaking Memos That Expose Malami's Corruption - Farooq Kperogi / Mass Resignation Looms In INEC In Aftermath Of Elections - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by iwaeda: 10:04am On Jul 24, 2020
Mynd44:
This is how elections are done everywhere.

You need to get my consent; that is why service provider sign " Non Disclosure Agreement". Pure infringement of privacy.
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by Bluntsisi: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2020
Mynd44:
The OP believes the source of numbers is from NCC but no. There are data mining companies everywhere that get data people put out. Social media, applications etc.

They have data by states, local government, religion etc. These are offered to politicians for campaign purposes same way telemarketers in America used to do.

Again, it is nothing wrong or special.
If you read my Original post, the lady clearly told me how they got my number..
She told me the exact centre where I registered.
Thus, it was INEC that gave out my information, and not NCC as you are trying to insinuate.
Please read my Original Post Well..
INEC sold out data of innocent voters who registered to vote.. Not NCC..
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by iwaeda: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Everything happens anyhow in Nigeria.
And Everybody sees Nothing wrong with it, just because nobody cares.
You are right. Our judiciary is weak.
I don't know how many of you remember a TV station called DBN in the 90s; they went out of circulation because they showed " The Titanic" without approval and the Producer sued them. That was how DBN reigning before Channels and MITV and co went into oblivion.

If it is America, I don hammer.
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by iwaeda: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2020
Bluntsisi:
If you read my Original post, the lady clearly told me how they got my number..
She told me the exact centre where I registered.
Thus, it was INEC that gave out my information, and not NCC as you are trying to insinuate.
Please read my Original Post Well..
INEC sold out data of innocent voters who registered to vote.. Not NCC..
People politicizes everything.
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by Bluntsisi: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2020
iwaeda:

You need to get my consent; that is why service provider sign " Non Disclosure Agreement". Pure infringement of privacy.
I am happy that someone exactly understands what I am trying to say..
I am more concerned about the privacy of information of the voters, and not about the nonsense campaigns and the fụ́cked-up elections..
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by Bluntsisi: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2020
iwaeda:

People politicizes everything.
Thanks so much for understanding my point of view very clearly..
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by wwwihy: 10:16am On Jul 24, 2020
Bluntsisi:
Why was Facebook sued?
And At&t wireless??
But it was done , and it is being done. Being sued is different from judgement. Is there court of competent jurisdiction that barred Facebook from releasing data ?

I can sue you for quoting me , but does that means you trespassed ? That is left for the court to determine.
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by BluntNigerian: 10:18am On Jul 24, 2020
Bluntsisi:
Some desperate politicians from APC in Edo State had hired lots of people to be calling innocent citizens of Edo State and be persuading them to vote for Ize-Iyamu in the forthcoming Elections..
One of such person is this young lady (names withheld) whose phone number is here below:
They would just call an innocent voter, and be asking the person lots of questions why he is yet undecided on whom to vote for, and they would be seriously trying to give lots of propaganda-related reasons why the person shouldn't vote for Obaseki.. Like, instead of selling the Ize-Iyamu whom they were lobbying for, they were attacking Obaseki.
When asked how she got the numbers of voters in the first place, here below is the response she gave:
“During Election times, INEC usually give out numbers of registered voters to Political Parties....”
Honestly, this is a big shame.
I can't believe such a thing could be happening at a time like this when we are praying for things to get better.
INEC in general is a shame.
Edo State INEC is a bigger shame.
Edo State APC is the biggest shame.
You released someone's number here in public..
You are equally guilty.
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by iwaeda: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2020
Bluntsisi:
I am happy that someone exactly understands what I am trying to say..
I am more concerned about the privacy of information of the voters, and not about the nonsense campaigns and the fụ́cked-up elections..
Why do people sue Facebook, twitter, WhatsApp and co?
Strong laws will cob corruption and put sanity to our society.
Re: INEC In Edo State Is Leaking Voters' Phone Numbers To APC Agents by iwaeda: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2020
BluntNigerian:
You released someone's number here in public..
You are equally guilty.
Abi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was The Aim Of The Unitary System Ironsi Imposed On Nigeria / I Am Really Disappointed In "some" Northern Nigerian Youth / Wike Knows He Can't Stop IPOB In His Village Not To Talk of Oyigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.