Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival (788 Views)

How To Make Hot Dog At Home / Bachelor Way Of Celebrating Easter / How To Prepare The Hot And Spicy Ayamase Stew For A Cold Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Kunja2: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
World Hot dog day can be said to be a day where hot dog lovers come together to celebrate on every July 22 of each year. Hot dog is seen as a quick snack that provides quick and solid boost of energy and can also be taken with tea, beer, red wine, white wine etc.

Hot dog or also called dachshund sausages was believed to be first sold by a German immigrant out of a food cart in New York in the 1860s. Around 1870, a German immigrant by the name of Charles Feltman opened the first hot dog stand on Coney Island. He sold over 3,600 frankfurters (in a bun) that year.

In the bid to celebrate Hot dog lovers all over Nigeria, I heard that Shoprite is slashing the price of the snack for a unit sale of #144.99 naira from July 23-26.

Instead of buying that bread, why not try out a hotdog?

Source: https://www.shoprite.com.ng/

1 Share

Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Techm8: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Wait....Hot dogs can be this affordable?
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by ItrendNaija(m): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
Another snack that will finish my money. Now every girl for Enugu will want to eat hotdogs grin
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Iceman296: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
Which one is World Hot dog day?? Haha

Nothing wey we no go read o
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Jacku: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2020
I saw this one time. Made a whole lot of sense. I think I'll stuck up my fridge with this especially this weekend that I'm going to the beach grin

1 Like

Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by eisley: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
I don't joke with my hot dogs, I am most definitely getting myself some.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by hexenbiest: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
Are the hotdogs really this cheap shocked ? I want to be sure before storming ShopRite lekki tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Hundjager: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hotdog day really sounds funny, but I am looking forward to purchasing loads of this meal.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Blastedholligan: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2020
I also saw this post in there twitter handle. Omo, na to buy this thing, make me sef see as hot dogs de taste lol

Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by husmarn(m): 12:27am On Jul 24, 2020
World hot dog day ��, I remember the last time I had to pay so little for a day, thank you ShopRite
Kunja2:
World Hot dog day can be said to be a day where hot dog lovers come together to celebrate on every July 22 of each year. Hot dog is seen as a quick snack that provides quick and solid boost of energy and can also be taken with tea, beer, red wine, white wine etc.

Hot dog or also called dachshund sausages was believed to be first sold by a German immigrant out of a food cart in New York in the 1860s. Around 1870, a German immigrant by the name of Charles Feltman opened the first hot dog stand on Coney Island. He sold over 3,600 frankfurters (in a bun) that year.

In the bid to celebrate Hot dog lovers all over Nigeria, I heard that Shoprite is slashing the price of the snack for a unit sale of #144.99 naira from July 23-26.

Instead of buying that bread, why not try out a hotdog?

Source: https://www.shoprite.com.ng/
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Jacku: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
I made an bought today lol. I bought like 5. I don chop hotdogs tire. I still have 2 left
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Blastedholligan: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
Jacku:
I made an bought today lol. I bought like 5. 8 din chop hotdogs tire. I still have 2 left
I heard it's closing tomorrow. How true is this? I need to make my orders tomorrow o.
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by ItrendNaija(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
Blastedholligan:
I heard it's closing tomorrow. How true is this? I need to make my orders tomorrow o.
Yea...you can only get it for that price today. But it's not like they'll stop selling hotdogs
Re: Celebrating The Hot Dog Festival by Kunja2: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Blastedholligan:
yea but hotdogs will still sell. Just that the promo ends today for that price.

(1) (Reply)

Grab This Hot Offers From Sen / Urgent Needed / Women Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.