Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans (36882 Views)

This Is Why Humans Can Drink Snakes Venom & Still Stay Alive (Photos, Video) / 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) / 'Ghost' Population Of Humans Discovered In Ancient Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2020
cray91:
they can lie sha. 3500 specie of that small thing, na because all these stupid science fiction dey ginger me now e no help anyone jawe
You have not left Nigeria and you are talking. Go and do research on mosquitoes first, you never see the ones for Brazil self wey dey demonic pass naija mosquito.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2020
babtoundey:
God all understands how the insect is always able to locate the bearing of your ears. I never ceased to wonder why nature gives mosquito apace to exist. Probably to punish man, who knows.
Seriously, I hate mosquito.
Punish us for how he imperfectly he created us? That doesn't even make any sense.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Equity15(m): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2020
BigSarah:
This is something, I was just researching mosquitoes. It's raining season up north and it's literally a infestation here, paid for fumigation burnt the garden in house I rented. But they still keep showing up.. I've never hated it when it rains but this is my worst raining season.. Death to all mosquitoes!
same here in kano oh..they don't allow me rest even in the afternoon. I have never seen something like this before. even insecticides doesn't work anymore. I taya

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by babtoundey(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2020
SegFault:

Punish us for how he imperfectly he created us? That doesn't even make any sense.

Who knows if mosquito has its own use which is yet to be detected. That's why I said I don't understand the essence of its creation. There are many events, things and creatures we attribute negativity with based on what we see and know about them but which in actual sense are invaluable. Mosquito might be one of those things.

If other elements that cohabitate the same planet with man have the ability to express their their feelings about living in the same enclave with man, I doubt they will have any positive opinion about us. Man to the planet Earth (in relation to other natural beings) is both a curse and a blessing.
In regards to biting, singing nauseous songs into one's hearings and causing illness, Mosquito is a curse. It might still have its own positive side which may be favourable to man either directly or indirectly.

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by iqiq: 11:34am On Jul 24, 2020
This means its just the beginning
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by sinkhole: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2020
cyrielo:
Government should make malaria drugs free, it's just that Nigerians are too hungry else they won't be clogging the gutters, they would actually volunteer and contribute money to make a slab to cover their own gutters for their own benefit. undecided

I weak for Naija
Do you know that in one town like that in Nasarawa state, the LG chairman went on a tour during this covid-19 lock down and he told people that had covered drainages with wood to remove them (though the people did it somehow unauthorised but their actions help in covering the filthy drainages and help in moving across), the LG chairman said the drainages should be free and open!
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by cray91(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
Don't get me wrong and don't tell me i've not left Nigeria cuz you don't know me. anyway i work abroad. so don't be quick on judging people or assuming their lives. anyway that's not the point sha, it's just by the way

My point on my earlier mention was that. i never said science was lying, or their research was false, i was only saying what's the point of telling us 3500 specie of mosquitoes for? who specie help? abi those rubbish we studied put for head for school till graduate, who all of them help. just saying all these shits don't help people in real life situation jawe. e no help everybody

Get my point and i come in peace ooo haha
SegFault:

You have not left Nigeria and you are talking. Go and do research on mosquitoes first, you never see the ones for Brazil self wey dey demonic pass naija mosquito.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
cray91:
Don't get me wrong and don't tell me i've not left Nigeria cuz you don't know me. anyway i work abroad. so don't be quick on judging people or assuming their lives. anyway that's not the point sha, it's just by the way

My point on my earlier mention was that. i never said science was lying, or their research was false, i was only saying what's the point of telling us 3500 specie of mosquitoes for? who specie help? abi those rubbish we studied put for head for school till graduate, who all of them help. just saying all these shits don't help people in real life situation jawe. e no help everybody

Get my point and i come in peace ooo haha
Okay. Sorry oh if you felt insulted. But we are even the ones that are supposed to be doing researches like this to find out how to rid ourselves of these mosquitoes, but people are busy fainting up and down maka swallowed money. Chai man if you have left this country in your life coming back go hard you.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by nairamaniac: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hezzyluv:
I hate some animals and insects like snakes, scorpions and MOSQUITOES

Mosquitoes will never allow you to sleep at night, just b driving jets around your ears and you'll end up slapping your self all in the name of let me kill it.

Fliers will not allow you to rest in day time, b pitching your body anyhow.

If I have my way, they'll seize to exist. But thank God man no be God.

These are the exact terrible things these same animals u condemn say about u.

Just pray in your next life u don't come out as one of them.

Better give God the glory
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Hezzyluv: 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
nairamaniac:

These are the exact terrible things these same animals u condemn say about u.

Just pray in your next life u don't come out as one of them.

Better give God the glory

At bold, animals are not human beings and can never b, that's why God created them as meat. They don't think, how comes you said they say something about humans Or are you a vegetarian?

And there's no next life. Once you're death, you're gone forever.

lf u read 2ru my comment, you'll see wia I ascribed glory to God.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
dazzlingd:

You can't fight knowledge, people like u have tried in the past to fight knowledge because it disturbed their religious views, at the end, they succumb.
This is a simple research that has no business our coignitive bias.

I don't think there's need for dogmatism here. You didn't refute his point but only assume that he his observation is a form of defense because of his religious belief and even said "you can't fight knowledge..." That is not how science works in the first place. If "knowledge is not being fought", then anyone can come up with a new info which appears to be correct at the surface and actually wrong when checked.

The heading is truly misleading. There is no evolution in it's real sense. It's just adaptation and variation.
It's even funny as folks started saying stuff like; "I believe in evolution", "evolution is a beautiful fact" when evolution as a word was only mentioned (a criteria to get papers published) and no real description of how mosquito 'evolved' to bite humans
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Your inability to understand evolution isn't a valid argument against it.

Alright, it's an assumption on your part to say he doesn't understand evolution. That is an approach that evolutionist do resort to at times. I noticed that defenders have been attacking him (adhominem) rather than refuting what he said.
I'm still waiting for someone who will refute his argument that what was shown in the article is just adaptation and not evolution in it's real sense.
I would love that the person gives us what evolution (General their of Evolution) is and not use the old switch and bait tactics
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
butterfly777:
The title of this article is misleading.

Some people try different strategies to make evolution appear real. Many people have seen beyond reasonable fact that evolution is not true. That is why it is an assumption, an intelligent guess. No evidence or experiment to support it.

I did not see any evolution in the story. What I see is adaptation.

If you don't mention evolution, how do you get your works published?
You're just spot on, but folks apply the switch and bait tactics to describe adaptive changes in organisms as evolution
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Bacteriologist(m): 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
Pelecius:

Alright, it's an assumption on your part to say he doesn't understand evolution. That is an approach that evolutionist do resort to at times. I noticed that defenders have been attacking him (adhominem) rather than refuting what he said.
I'm still waiting for someone who will refute his argument that what was shown in the article is just adaptation and not evolution in it's real sense.
I would love that the person gives us what evolution (General their of Evolution) is and not use the old switch and bait tactics

I bet a rat's ass you have no idea about evolution too. But for the sake of discussion, can you define what you understand by evolution?
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by CelestineNelson: 12:29am On Jul 25, 2020
Awesome
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by dazzlingd(m): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2020
Pelecius:

I don't think there's need for dogmatism here. You didn't refute his point but only assume that he his observation is a form of defense because of his religious belief and even said "you can't fight knowledge..." That is not how science works in the first place. If "knowledge is not being fought", then anyone can come up with a new info which appears to be correct at the surface and actually wrong when checked.

The heading is truly misleading. There is no evolution in it's real sense. It's just adaptation and variation.
It's even funny as folks started saying stuff like; "I believe in evolution", "evolution is a beautiful fact" when evolution as a word was only mentioned (a criteria to get papers published) and no real description of how mosquito 'evolved' to bite humans

U can't fight knowledge I repeat, knowledge is different from norms, yes u can challenge the way things are done and that in itself is pursuit of knowledge.
Evolution is not a scientific fact but still in the pursuit of knowledge, they did not kill the idea that evolution did not happen without searching for evidences and accept the belief that we were created in a garden 6000 years ago.

Why would someone rather believe in a talking walking snake, that all human races came from just a couple barely 6000 years ago and find evolution unbelievable. That a talking snake that use to walk, stop walking and that all races on earth came from one just couple 6000 years ago is evolution itself in the speed of light which is impossible, the theory of evolution is far more convincing which postulates a gradual adaption process leading to
gradual modification in structures over several hundreds of millions of years to arrive at what we have today and yet perfection hasn't been achieved.
The adaption will continue for as long as the planet exists, a perpetual process that will never stop. That is evolution.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by dazzlingd(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2020
Pelecius:

I

The bolded says a lot u don't understand what you say,
For the sake of getting informed, go and read more about evolution, adaptation, ecology ecosystem etc then u can come back to this thread to make your comments
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by dazzlingd(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2020
butterfly777:
The title of this article is misleading.

Some people try different strategies to make evolution appear real. Many people have seen beyond reasonable fact that evolution is not true. That is why it is an assumption, an intelligent guess. No evidence or experiment to support it.

I did not see any evolution in the story. What I see is adaptation

The bolded ends it all, you don't know book.
No offense
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
Bacteriologist:

I bet a rat's ass you have no idea about evolution too. But for the sake of discussion, can you define what you understand by evolution?
Nice try!
I asked you to get us informed on what you call evolution and you refer it back to me.
Anyway, evolution is defined in two forms: Special theory of evolution and General theory of evolution (my auto correct gave theory as their in my initial response).
I warned about the bait and switch tactic that is being used by adherent of evolution and that was why I placed (GTE) in bracket in my initial response.

So, I definitely have an idea on what evolution is. Let us have your well informed knowledge of what it is
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
dazzlingd:

The bolded says a lot u don't understand what you say,
For the sake of getting informed, go and read more about evolution, adaptation, ecology ecosystem etc then u can come back to this thread to make your comments
This again is misleading. I would love to ask if you picked the statement you bold out of the paragraph or you read it with paragraph before 'advising' me to read those things (concluding that I'm not informed on them)

If an article have a heading like: How mammalian eye evolved", You would expect to see how it (allegedely) statrted from a spot and how it added functions over time (say millions of years) to get to what we have now. I did not see a process that made mosquitoes to develop or loss functions that attracted them to humans in the article. I'm hoping you'll show me so as to heed to your advice.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
dazzlingd:

U can't fight knowledge I repeat, knowledge is different from norms, yes u can challenge the way things are done and that in itself is pursuit of knowledge.
Evolution is not a scientific fact but still in the pursuit of knowledge, they did not kill the idea that evolution did not happen without searching for evidences and accept the belief that we were created in a garden 6000 years ago.

Why would someone rather believe in a talking walking snake, that all human races came from just a couple barely 6000 years ago and find evolution unbelievable. That a talking snake that use to walk, stop walking and that all races on earth came from one just couple 6000 years ago is evolution itself in the speed of light which is impossible, the theory of evolution is far more convincing which postulates a gradual adaption process leading to
gradual modification in structures over several hundreds of millions of years to arrive at what we have today and yet perfection hasn't been achieved.
The adaption will continue for as long as the planet exists, a perpetual process that will never stop. That is evolution.
Use of words can be very funny. A slight modification of a group of words can change its meaning, hence I’ll leave your first paragraph
Now, I hope you don’t confuse “theory” to mean that it is not yet a PROVEN FACT. Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity is a proven fact, yet called a theory and it should be known that evolution defenders generally frown at the idea of relegating theory of evolution as an unproven fact. In fact, they will cite ‘laws’ that are attached to the theory (though these laws/facts are not disputed as they are not ‘patented’ by evolutionists but are also found in creation science model of origin). Of course, the theory is getting revised many times, the auxiliary hypothesis are being modified but the core hypothesis is kept and protected. Professor Richard Lewontin, a retired evolutionary Biolgist and geneticist said:
“…materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine foot in the door”
I don’t know if you are an atheist that you question why someone should believe in the Bible but I would love to give you a scenario. It is easy to criticize what you haven’t experience especially if it is what you can’t observe directly. How do you think people would have reacted to the claims of the first person who reported of having headache? As it can’t be observed directly but can only be experienced. Same is spiritual things, they can only be experienced and not observed directly, just as feelings such as love, joy, anger etc cannot be explained using laws of Physics or Chemistry.
For the gradual modification in structures that you talked about, have you hard of IRREDUCIBLE COMPLEXITY? I would love that you check it if you have not.

For answers to your questions on population growth and race (skin colors) from one couple, I can refer you to a page if you wish
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Shukusheka(m): 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Pelecius:

You obviously don't know much about evolution, your first mistake is assuming evolution must have a purpose. Evolution is basically what you just mentioned, adaptation.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Pelecius: 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
Shukusheka:
You obviously don't know much about evolution, your first mistake is assuming evolution must have a purpose. Evolution is basically what you just mentioned, adaptation.
Did you read my response to the first person who quoted what you quote? How did my whole message lead to me concluding that evolution must have a purpose?
Evolution is adaptation? I see why you accused me of not knowing evolution.

Again, what you quoted is not the complete idea I was expressing. Read the original response, maybe you'll be able to see the reason I said the topic is misleading.
Just follow the story (it's simple as that)
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 18, 2020
dejavuh0007:
The female Anopheles mosquito is responsible for causing malaria; even in animals, the female specie is still the most dangerous. #fearwoman

Hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Cobra Killed Near My Construction Site At Abijo GRA, Lekki (Photos) / Today Is World Snake Day / Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Tsaigumi) - The First Locally Made In Nigerian Drone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.