Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Lesson For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lesson For Christians (1106 Views)

Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section / He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson For Christians by doyenn(m): 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2007
my fellow nairlanders,religion is somethingb that anyone shouldtake so seriously because the only we're in this world 2day is to worship our God(Almighty Allah).The only reason why we work is for us to leave and survive in order to be able to perform the worship. when Adam was sent to this world,God told him that your purpose of being on earth is for you to worship me. God said to him,henceforth,you'll have to work hard to earn your daily food. our working is to earn our leavving and not to gather wealth and richies.Most our your pastors fail in this because most of the churches now are investment house and the man of God have turn to the city billionnaire.

there are lots of lesson for you christians because non of you know anything about what religion is really is.it's not an act of praising or singing or even praying.it is when you're happy that you praise God or when you see the wonders performed by him.you sing when you feel like and you pray to God when you need to ask him for something.all this act are borned by you,worshipping is a task that our God require of us,it is the essense of our being on earth.

it has a rule and ways by which God has order it to be performed and that was the reason why he sent forth his Holy prophet to let us know how and when to perform those worships.you can hardly see any of this in the bible,why,because bible was sent to only lost sheep of israelis.
Re: Lesson For Christians by pilgrim1(f): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2007
@doyenn,

there are lots of lesson for you christians because non of you know anything about what religion is really is.it's not an act of praising or singing or even praying.it is when you're happy that you praise God or when you see the wonders performed by him.you sing when you feel like and you pray to God when you need to ask him for something.all this act are borned by you,worshipping is a task that our God require of us,it is the essense of our being on earth.

Since you allege that Christians don't 'know anything' about what religion is, at least we know something which some of you are still struggling to know about. For one thing, it is not ONLY when we 'need' something from God that we pray. Prayer is more than asking that a need be met: it involves the very substance of our fellowship with God by faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. We pray to commune with God - to share our joys and rejoice in letting Him know how much we revere and extol Him.

God takes delight in our prayers (Prov. 15:8), because He rejoices to hear the conversation of His children with Him. It especially gladdens our Father to hear us speak to Him in prayer concerning both our needs and joys.

it has a rule and ways by which God has order it to be performed and that was the reason why he sent forth his Holy prophet to let us know how and when to perform those worships.you can hardly see any of this in the bible,why,because bible was sent to only lost sheep of israelis.

And for all that, you supposed that the Jews did not know how to worship God? Ol' boy, go through the Psalms and see amazing things about Worship. When you need to see something more spectacular, read John 4:22 - it tells you two pivotal things you dare ignore at your own peril: (a) the Jews know what worship is all about; and (b) your salvation is in their hands! grin Surprised? Don't be - here is what the verse says: "(a)Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: (b)for salvation is of the Jews."

You want to learn about worship? Please come to the same Book - the Bible - that you have been assuming things against it without a clue what you're talking about.
Re: Lesson For Christians by doyenn(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2007
I am glad about your response,I agree with you on what you said about prayers,It a great thing in the sight of God to see us involve with him in prayer but could you tell me specifically what really is the difference b/w prayer and worshipping.For get about the jews or anyone,all of us know what is right or wrong and even you knows if you're really sincere with yourself.our problem lies in what we meet as religion from our parent and we find it so difficult to accept that we're not on the right track.

Endavour to find out the real truth,if you read the whole bible,it's only one verse that talked about worship and it does described it a little until when the prophet now give us the details. Either you agree or not prayer is an aspect of belief and it does not take care of the aspect of worshipping.

Christianity is a religion brought about after Jesus,he does not know anything about it and neither does he name it a religion of his.Infact he's not the person that named is his fellowers as christians,the name came after his time. you can give me a ref in your bible if there is any.
Re: Lesson For Christians by otuwe(f): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2007
* shocked shocked where is pilgrim shocked shocked*
Re: Lesson For Christians by benit(f): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2007
Poster,
Eyaa, Pele! You sound like someone who is ready to learn. Don't worry you will get to know better if you are truly interested.
Packing my bag and closing from work
Re: Lesson For Christians by pilgrim1(f): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2007
otuwe:

* shocked shocked where is pilgrim shocked shocked*

@otuwe dear, I no go anywhere. . . I've been busy all day - e no easy at my end at all today. undecided
Re: Lesson For Christians by pilgrim1(f): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2007
@doyen,

I've seen your rejoinder but only now got time to address it between my busy schedule.

I am glad about your response,I agree with you on what you said about prayers,It a great thing in the sight of God to see us involve with him in prayer but could you tell me specifically what really is the difference b/w prayer and worshipping.

First, let me say that Islam and Christianity do not define concepts on the same basis. And I've only touched upon what prayer means from the Christian perspective. Anyhow, let me offer a simple distinction:

Prayer is talking to God - and this means both asking blessings for our needs, as well as sharing our joys and hurts with God.

Worship is what we offer to God - and that goes beyond speaking to God, and involves our acts as well.

For get about the jews or anyone,all of us know what is right or wrong and even you knows if you're really sincere with yourself.our problem lies in what we meet as religion from our parent and we find it so difficult to accept that we're not on the right track.

I don't understand how you want to quickly write off the Jews. You had alleged earlier that the Jews did not know about worship; and when the answer is given, what is the meaning f your complaining that we forget the Jews? We could as well forget the Muslims and write them off as well as not knowing anything about worship. Fair enough? You don't disparage people just like that because they happen to be "Jews" and not Muslims.

Endavour to find out the real truth,if you read the whole bible,it's only one verse that talked about worship and it does described it a little until when the prophet now give us the details.

Please I want that ONLY ONE verse in 'the whole bible' that talks about worship (where in fact, if you've read it at all, you'll find well over 100 verses). Please give me the ONLY ONE verse that you're referring to.

Either you agree or not prayer is an aspect of belief and it does not take care of the aspect of worshipping.

I never said that prayer was not an aspect of belief; but I disagree with your idea that it does not take care of the aspect of worship. People are not expected to be mute when they come to worship God; and speaking to God in prayer is only part of worship.

Christianity is a religion brought about after Jesus,he does not know anything about it and neither does he name it a religion of his.Infact he's not the person that named is his fellowers as christians,the name came after his time. you can give me a ref in your bible if there is any.

Indeed, there's no verse in the Bible where Jesus ever said directly that He brought Christianity - just as there's no verse in the Qur'an that says Jesus brought Islam. If there's such a reference, please offer it and be prepared for a good debate to show the smuggle. Today, we know that honest Muslims cannot find the subject of how to pray in the Qur'an - they have to look outside the Qur'an and seek answers for questions on prayer from the Hadiths.

However, followers of Jesus Christ are known as Christians - and there are several places where that description is used for believers who are disciples of the Messiah. I'll give you just two for now:

Acts 11:26 -- 'And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.'

1 Pet. 4:16 - 'Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.'

(1) (Reply)

"haunted By Strange Spirit For 8 Yrs" / Church For Hot Girls? What Else Will We Not See? / "5 Ways To Know You're In God's Will When Everything Is Fighting Against You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.