Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) (44285 Views)

Many Trapped As Three-storey Building Collapse In Ebute-Metta (Photos) / 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) / Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by money121(m): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by landforeast(m): 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Chirowman(m): 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
may God save those that are trapped
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by AmazingELixir: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

See how choked and crampy the place looks...how can residents get fresh air from these kind of buildings.
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Kemimarch16(f): 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ebute meta and old houses

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by MurphyG1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
That cable 'entanglement' on the pole in the first pic is an impending danger cry angry
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by youngking22(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
Can never forget that building that collapsed opposite my apartment in oloto Street oyinbo this same ebutta metta, people I greeted and joked with gone with the night. Houses in ebutta metta are so so old. God abeg na your hand I tanda.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Openbusiness4: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
May God help those trapped inside sad
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Openbusiness4: 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
youngking22:
Can never forget that building that collapsed opposite my apartment in oloto Street oyinbo this same ebutta metta, people I greeted and joked with gone with the night. Houses in ebutta metta are so so old. God abeg na your hand I tanda.
most of the old houses in Ebute Metta are properly built, with standard materials. It is the new houses that people should worry about. Unless d old house was built in a swamp, or has plumbing issues that is leaking water inside the walls.

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Goodman247: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nigeria with rubbish buildings, fake civil engineers, fake leaders , fake country
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by majamajic(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

See how choked and crampy the place looks...how can residents get fresh air from these kind of buildings.

It's normal in Lagos
Especially Eko and ebute metta , u stay outside till sleeping hours

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by martineverest(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Skyfornia:
Lagos and quack developers...I pray for the safety of those trapped.
most of those houses on island are o et 50 years old
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Colonelswitz101(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
tatatar:
All thanks to the building practices of igbos and the substandard building materials they've proliferated the market with.

Do u think there is any hope of u disproving the fact that u are a low life eternal fool?
Bloody hate filled afonja tribalist...

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
Openbusiness4:
most of the old houses in Ebute Metta are properly built, with standard materials. It is the new houses that people should worry about. Unless d old house was built in a swamp, or has plumbing issues that is leaking water inside the walls.

Very true ^^^.
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by majamajic(m): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
martineverest:
most of those houses on island are o et 50 years old

Not by age , most of these houses never reach 10yrs sef
Reason
They collect lease from a family say 25 yrs
They will use sub standard materials , to make more gain , so greedy families do suffer it , but give developer a fair deal , then monitor him as he builds
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Lovelyn451(f): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lagos and collapse house...building a house in Lagos is not easy, can spend more than 2m just to sand fill the water ground...

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by sapila: 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
So no one was seeing the poor state of this building before it collapsed?
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by youngking22(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Housed located towards health center are quite different from the ones located at office, most of the houses there are death traps including mine.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Unbreakable007: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
The house is in-between health care centre and cemetery.

Making things easier,

Those dt sustain injuries will go to health care centre while d dead will relocate permanently to the cemetery.
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Malawian(m): 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Too bad embarassed

houses built with substandard materials.

¿ cool %
Not necessarily, it could be a case of overloading. Houses are designed to carry a certain amount of load. Even the distribution of the loading is also important. Impact loads also could be deadly. Age of the structure. So many reasons why a structure could collapse. Not just substandard materials. You could build it to world class standard and a shift in the foundation (erosion) will still topple it.
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by hajy500(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
No one is trapped and every body that stays in the building are all fine thanks
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by LadySarah: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
Look at how everywhere is cramped. No space
See the dirty wire connections.

Overhyped city. Person A will breath out co2 while his neighbor will collect it immediately.

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by One4me: 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
LadySarah:
Look at how everywhere is cramped. No space
See the dirty wire connections.

Overhyped city. Person A will breath out co2 while his neighbor will collect it immediately.

Records at the NBS show that 86 'foreigners" enter Lagos from the East, every blessed day, what do you expect?
When we say Stay in your State and Town', una go say 'I must follow IfesinaChi enter Lagos'.
You people sit on attachment seat to travel to Lagos, overcrowding the City and messing up the whol eplace, now you are calling it overhyped City.

Lagosians should just deport all these foreigners speading out in slums all over the place.
Abeg, na joke o
** I am also going to Lagos very soon, l hear say Money dey that place like anything** grin grin

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Bahamas95(m): 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
God save us in this country o. Wish the trapped people goodluck.

Nigeria and substandard materials............

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by bizhop01: 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
When landlord used less than 900k in year 1999 equivalent of 12 million naira in year 2020 to build 3 storey building.
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 25, 2020
See am now, Lagos na fine place.
See idiots celebrating trash called pretty names.
I haven’t seen the rate of this kind nonsense in some states I have lived in Nigeria.
Sorry to the victims but if Nigeria continues this way there's a problem. Osinbajo is a good leader but things like this is happening but nothing is put in place to avoid and stop it from happening.
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by errandsbyphina(f): 12:27am On Jul 25, 2020
Make God preserve us all o!!!

I am a fierce shopper!!! I am a profound sojourner in the marketplace. I source for locally made food/organic products anywhere in Nigeria and deliver best products to anywhere in the world. I can relieve you the stress of sourcing for items that is not readily available to you, either because of work or where you reside at the moment. Honesty, transparency and credibility is my priority in this business and I urge you to give us a trial. You will never regret it.
I am a fierce shopper!!! I am a profound sojourner in the marketplace. I source for locally made food/organic products anywhere in Nigeria and deliver best products to anywhere in the world, at your doorstep!!!. I can relieve you the stress of sourcing for items that is not readily available to you, either because of work or where you reside at the moment. Honesty, transparency and credibility is my priority in this business and I urge you to give us a trial. You will never regret it.
Let me be your personal shopper!!!! I am available for any sort of errand you may need
*Natural Fufu Powder
*Natural Dry Pap (Blend of your choice of corns)
*Natural Dried Starch (Niger Deltans Delicacy)
*Natural Palm Oil and Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
* Well Spiced Fried Snail or Raw Snails
*Neatly Picked Crayfish and Prawns
*PepperSoup and Banga Spices
*Real Ijebu Garri (To Kon) and Delta Yellow Garri
*Original Shea/Cocoa Butter
*Locust Beans (Iru)
*African Black Soap and Organic 2in1 Shampoo
*Foodstuffs Locally Gotten
WhatsApp: +2348066829967
Email: errandsbyphina@gmail.com

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Fraust40(m): 12:33am On Jul 25, 2020
That building isn’t new, so I can’t blame materials. It’s the maintenance culture that is lacking. If they can shut down 3rd Mainland that Julius Berger built for maintenance, is your building too big for maintenance?
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Numerouno94(m): 12:48am On Jul 25, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
Somebody reading this now has once prayed for his rented apartment to collapse because his rent will soon be due or he is owing rent and doesnt know where to get the money from.

If you are that person,......

That person must b foolish. What abt his/her properties in d building? won't they get destroyed too?

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by AshaV7: 1:38am On Jul 25, 2020
Graphics Design Advert
Hello!��

Do you want to become a guru in GRAPHICS DESIGN using applications like ADOBE PHOTOSHOP and ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR or are you a GRAPHICS DESIGNER who needs more knowledge to sharpen your skill.

If yes, feel free to click this link ������

https:///2349056275182?text=Hello%20Grids
Re: Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) by Mindclinic: 1:53am On Jul 25, 2020
I pray God see them all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Build A 5-bed Room Bungalow In Half Plot Of Land / GERARD & GENESIS ROOF TILES FROM WICHTECH ROOFING. / Erosion Swallows A Building In Nnewi Anambra State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.