Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor (2377 Views)

Atiku To Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Elect A Ghost President / Breaking: Onitsha Is Back To Life As Residents Obey Their Governor / Kwara Governor-elect: A Breath Of "Fresh Air" Or Another Long March In Miniature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
Edo state is the only south south state that has been in the news for all the wrong reasons and I wonder how its citizens are fairing with all these controversies. A state which produced the apc national party chairman with both former governors oyegun and oshiomole running the party to the point that both men, were booted out of office because of political turmoil. Both men are not on speaking terms and their rift is only second to the rift between oshiomole and the current governor obaseki. It is not that obaseki is a saint or that he does not have his own short comings, but how can any party field a man who is currently facing a 700 million naira fraud charge, a confessed cultist and brutal man as its governorship aspirant. The irony of this story is that, the same godfather's oshiomole has been shouting he has conquered are the same people he is now fighting for to come back. Electing Pastor Ize-Yamu as governor would have a spiral effect and stigma that would further re-enforce the perception people have about the people of Edo state. With the high rates of youths joining cultism, with the high number of women turning to prostitution and cultism, electing pastor ize-yamu will send the wrong message not only to Nigerians but the whole world. Its not about pdp or apc, but about a people that need to fight for the soul of its existence. Look how all the cultist in the state have suddenly started to decamp to apc within the last few days, so what legacy are you willing to give your children if you openly support the destruction of their future.

3 Likes

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Goldp5988(f): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
In all these what do you want them to do? Note that their girls are not prostitute, have lived in Benin before.

5 Likes

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
I won't reply you till I know the ethnic group and state you are from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by helinues: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
And Obaseki suddenly became a saint...

Shame !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by donbachi(m): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Cultism is a national problem just like corruption.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Nadaken: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
Is Edo a more cultist state that the rivers of blood state.

You had better keep shut if you have nothing to say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Runaway: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
If Oshiomhomle said that all he said about the pastors did not come from his mind, then all he will say now will also not come from his mind. Edo be wise....

7 Likes

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Hafeezuao: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Iyamu all the way

3 Likes

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nadaken:
Is Edo a more cultist state that the rivers of blood state.

You had better keep shut if you have nothing to say

My brother keeping shut is the reason why we find our self in this quagmire. River State is more of militancy which could also be attributed to piracy. Most of them will tell you that they are fighting for the land of their fore fathers. Cultism in Edo is different because it is mostly frats that emanated
from or our tertiary institutions like, Aiyes, SEC, Vikings, Bucaneers, Mafites, KK, Pirates and some others. When educated men who were trained to be the leaders of today are the ones breeding hate and death among the populace. An educated thug is the most dangerous person you can ever know, because he is calculative and very precise.

1 Like

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Kindledlight(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
So how e take affect u?

What made you come to that conclusion?
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by jasent(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
kooler99:
Edo state is the only south south state that has been in the news for all the wrong reasons and I wonder how its citizens are fairing with all these controversies. A state which produced the apc national party chairman with both former governors oyegun and oshiomole running the party to the point that both men, were booted out of office because of political turmoil. Both men are not on speaking terms and their rift is only second to the rift between oshiomole and the current governor obaseki. It is not that obaseki is a saint or that he does not have his own short comings, but how can any party field a man who is currently facing a 700 million naira fraud charge, a confessed cultist and brutal man as its governorship aspirant. The irony of this story is that, the same godfather's oshiomole has been shouting he has conquered are the same people he is now fighting for to come back. Electing Pastor Ize-Yamu as governor would have a spiral effect and stigma that would further re-enforce the perception people have about the people of Edo state. With the high rates of youths joining cultism, with the high number of women turning to prostitution and cultism, electing pastor ize-yamu will send the wrong message not only to Nigerians but the whole world. Its not about pdp or apc, but about a people that need to fight for the soul of its existence. Look how all the cultist in the state have suddenly started to decamp to apc within the last few days, so what legacy are you willing to give your children if you openly support the destruction of their future.
Don't be deceived, iyamau can not win .Take that to the bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Yankee101: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Preach
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I won't reply you till I know the ethnic group and state you are from

Why should my ethnicity matter when we are talking about humanity. I am a Nigerian born to love and appreciate all the cultures under her umbrella. If we do not start to respect and cherish ourselves, then we should not expect other nations to respect us.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
kooler99:

Why should my ethnicity matter when we are talking about humanity. I am a Nigerian born to love and appreciate all the cultures under her umbrella. If we do not start to respect and cherish ourselves, then we should not expect other nations to respect us.
what's your ethnic group?

3 Likes

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Goldp5988:
In all these what do you want them to do? Note that their girls are not prostitute, have lived in Benin before.

Firstly, I am not saying that all the girls are into prostitution, but if you look at the statistics of women trafficked to spain, france, italy and other European countries you will see that most of them are edolites. With the hard conditions most of them go through just to pay the traffickers fees it's almost worst than slavery. Edolite's need to wake up and make a statement by rejecting pastor ize-yamu. It's not a must they vote for obaseki, they can rally around another candidate to show the politicians that it is the people's choice that the electorates will vote for. If the people can show strength and conviction, the political class will have no choice but to truly serve the people.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by IamWonderful: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Are talking about Edo or Rivers State, don't mixed it up.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Goldp5988(f): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
kooler99:

Firstly, I am not saying that all the girls are into prostitution, but if you look at the statistics of women trafficked to spain, france, italy and other European countries you will see that most of them are edolites. With the hard conditions most of them go through just to pay the traffickers fees it's almost worst than slavery. Edolite's need to wake up and make a statement by rejecting pastor ize-yamu. It's not a must they vote for obaseki, they can rally around another candidate to show the politicians that it is the people's choice that the electorates will vote for. If the people can show strength and conviction, the political class will have no choice but to truly serve the people.

Good one, I hope they do the needful.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 12:00am On Jul 25, 2020
Goldp5988:

Good one, I hope they do the needful.

I hope they prove everyone wrong
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2020
Runaway:
If Oshiomhomle said that all he said about the pastors did not come from his mind, then all he will say now will also not come from his mind. Edo be wise....

shocked shocked
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Mysticwebb: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2020
Goldp5988:
Even Buhari wife Aisha once called them prostitutes during her campaigning period for her husband.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2020
IamWonderful:
Are talking about Edo or Rivers State, don't mixed it up.

Edo State
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
jasent:
Don't be deceived, iyamau can not win .Take that to the bank

I pray you are correct.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
helinues:
And Obaseki suddenly became a saint...

Shame !

Not a saint but a better option. Look for any other person also contesting that you feel can best represent your interest. Pastor Ize-Yamu is a no no and he knows that he is damaged goods.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
kooler99:

Not a saint but a better option. Look for any other person also contesting that you feel can best represent your interest. Pastor Ize-Yamu is a no no and he knows that he is damaged goods.
you are obviously here to campaign for obaseki and tanish the image of the other candidate. Is Philip shaibu not a cultist?

3 Likes

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Goldp5988(f): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
Mysticwebb:

Even Buhari wife Aisha once called them prostitutes during her campaigning period for her husband.

Mad oh, I thought it was a cook up story.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
Abdul4trust1:
you are obviously here to campaign for obaseki and tanish the image of the other candidate. Is Philip shaibu not a cultist?

Why would i need to tarnish his image, when Pastor Ize-Yamu has confessed to being a member of the pirates confraternity. His general in charge of mayhem is Tony Kabaka a leader of the aiyes confraternity. As for Philip Shaibu everyone knows that he was a student union activist when he was in school. You are the first and only person i know of, who has claimed that he is also a cultist. All i am saying is show me your leader and i will tell you the type people of you are. It is not by force to vote for obaseki, so many candidates in other parties you can vote for. All i am saying is shine your eyes and avoid making the mistakes of the past.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
kooler99:

Why would i need to tarnish his image, when Pastor Ize-Yamu has confessed to being a member of the pirates confraternity. His general in charge of mayhem is Tony Kabaka a leader of the aiyes confraternity. As for Philip Shaibu everyone knows that he was a student union activist when he was in school. You are the first and only person i know of, who has claimed that he is also a cultist. All i am saying is show me your leader and i will tell you the type people of you are. It is not by force to vote for obaseki, so many candidates in other parties you can vote for. All i am saying is shine your eyes and avoid making the mistakes of the past.
pirate confratanity is different from your regular cult. This shouldn't be a yardstick for judging someone bad. Compare his agenda with that of his major rival and vote for anyone you feel is plans are best for the people.

1 Like

Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
ok if you say so
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
embarassed embarassed
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
Like i said earlier, an educated thug is the worst because they are calculative, intelligent and decisive. Apc under leadership of Pastor Ize-Yamu wanted trouble so to get it, they put their supporters in front of the oba's palace knowing the governor and his visitors were coming to greet the Oba of Benin. This is one of the reasons i don't like this cultist pastor ize-yamu, must people be killed, injured, their private property destroyed for you to whip up sentiments. Edo people wake up, let your pvc do the talking and do your best to secure the lives of your family. Let Obaseki and Ize-Yamu enter a boxing ring and allow the children of Edo state to rest.
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
My brother why fight your fellow brother, until you see them bring out their own children then you can join the fight. The fake pastor who wants to drum up sympathy by putting citizens in harms way. Ize-Yamu the cultist who is now a terrorist to his own people because he wants to be governor.Instead preaching peace, he is breeding war
Re: Edo State The Cultist Capital That Will Soon Elect A Cultist As Their Governor by kooler99: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nigeria Police Arrest #EndSARS Promoter In Lagos / Ooni Of Ife Visits Chief Sunday Igboho. He Is Not A Criminial We Are Ready For C / CNN Discovers Location Of ‘radio Biafra’ In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.