Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 (770 Views)

How I Knew That Leaked Phone Call Between Obi & Oyedepo Was Fake – Chuks Akunna / Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 / Dino Melaye With TY Danjuma In 2004 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by PIMPAR: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
Chuks Akunna, former chief press secretary to Chris Ngige, says the ex-governor of Anambra state, begged Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, for an armoured car in 2004.

Ngige, who was governor between 2003 and 2006, is currently the minister of labour and employment.

In a Twitter post, Akunn said the incident happened when his former boss visited Tinubu.

He said it was the car gift that prompted Ngige to later acquire another armoured vehicle.

“In ’04, visiting Asiwaju Tinubu in Lagos, my boss Gov Ngige spotted this car. “Bola, pls dash me. I want to use it in Abuja”. “Ah ah! Ngige, this is old nah”, replied Asiwaju. “I don’t mind. Anambra is poor. I’ll manage it”. Surprised to hear Onwa deriding his benefactor,” he said.

“Did you know how the G-wagon came about? The Lagos trip happened after we literally begged him to buy it. The beast Tinubu gifted him was moved to Abuja. That was Ngige’s “Abuja vehicle” until the CoA removed him in March ’06.

“His official car was a Peugeot 406. After the March 3, ’04, attack on Gov Akume’s convoy, in which an ex-Nig Airways MD Andrew Agom, was killed, my boss agreed to buy the armoured G-Class. It was after the purchase he fell in love with armoured cars. Jagaban’s gift was armoured.”

https://www.thecable.ng › ngige...
Web results
Ngige's former aide says ex-gov begged Tinubu for a car in 2004 | TheCable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by festacman(m): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
People don't get it. If Chris Nwabueze Ngige is convinced about something, he does it stubbornly notwithstanding whose ox or what ox is gored. He is not anybody's fool. His own father will testify to this based on personal experience. The people of Alor will testify. Former Obasanjo will testify. Chris Uba and his cabal will testify. Even Okija Deity itself will testify shaking its head.

9 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by kingzizzy: 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
Is it really possible for a Governor to be begging another Governor for a car gift? Whether bullet proof or not

4 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by SmartProf(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lol... there is nothing wrong with that. Even Tinubu has had moments in his life where he had to beg someone for a favour he required. One way life's progress is measured is by what u can now afford and not have to beg for anymore. Ngige of course like every other Naija politician is corrupt, but he is demanding that he is respected by faleke cos it appears whoever faleke worships as a godfather is not immortal, considering that he Ngige also has a thick CV in education, age, politics and appointments.

6 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
E be like say Ngige sack these one.-

1 Like

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
being an afonja is a terrible thing to be ,I can't even wish my enemy that disease . a successful doctor and a governor same time as Tinubu ,begging Tinubu for an old Benz ? come ewedu ,what's your damn problem

6 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by seanfer(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
He’s a Minister now and Tinubu is not a Minister so that gives him the courage to forget those that helped him when he was politically dead. Good that one of his aides as at that time is here to make public what Ngige benefited from BAT

1 Like

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by seanfer(m): 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
being an afonja is a terrible thing to be ,I can't even wish my enemy that disease . a successful doctor and a governor same time as Tinubu ,begging Tinubu for an old Benz ? come ewedu ,what's your damn problem

You’re full of hatred and that why you didn’t see that the person is Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
seanfer:

You’re full of hatred and that why you didn’t see that the person is Igbo.
pimpar is igbo? please go thru his account and see for yourself .

2 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by seanfer(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
Brooklynsouth:

I’m referring to your comment about a whole tribe. And till tomorrow your people still flock in thousands to the Afonja land, looking for better life that they can’t get in their homeland.
Tribal war won’t take us anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:45am On Jul 25, 2020
seanfer:

I’m referring to your comment about a whole tribe. And till tomorrow your people still flock in thousands to the Afonja land, looking for better life that they can’t get in their homeland.
Tribal war won’t take us anywhere.
one Nigeria we are in and one Nigeria we shall be in until Nigeria divides so we are just moving around Nigeria and there is nothing anybody can do about it

2 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by stonemasonn: 1:43am On Jul 25, 2020
what is the problem gan gan between Ngige and Tinubu that everyone is yaping about?
Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by ogbuefi677(m): 3:35am On Jul 25, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
And retired as a director in d federal civil service ooo

3 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by AmeReps: 4:13am On Jul 25, 2020
The kind of people Ngige is fighting are the people that can go any length to bring up members of your family against you

The kind of people that will rig election in your polling unit to make sure it’s seems your people don’t like you

Tinubu and co knows how to do such
Believe this tweet at your peril but even if
Why is the guy coming out now??
Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by OsuAmaka: 4:27am On Jul 25, 2020
Piglets can not dispute what Akunna said about his boss begging Asiwaju for his car. Ngige could be anything but never had he an armored car until he begged Asiwaju. That was his first time ever he drove an armored car.

-Osu amaka

1 Like

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by OsuAmaka: 4:33am On Jul 25, 2020
Brooklynsouth Crooklymouth:
But Chuks Akunna is Yíbo & the Chief Press Secretary to Ngige - the kidnapped goofnor.

-Osu amaka

1 Like

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Is04970: 4:33am On Jul 25, 2020
A lie gets halfway around the world before truth puts on its boots. Mark Twain.
I maintain Ngige was very wrong to have dragged Tinubu's name into the altercation he had with Faleke.
Look at the accompany shame he has brought upon himself even when Asiwaju has not uttered a word.

2 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by ambu2: 8:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Don't fight for politicians.
Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Brooklynsouth(f): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
OsuAmaka:

But Chuks Akunna is Yíbo & the Chief Press Secretary to Ngige - the kidnapped goofnor.

-Osu amaka
yeyoba ewedu gbegiri Muslim why can't you sight the moon

2 Likes

Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by tommy589(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ngige and Tinubu are friends
Re: Child Akunna Says Ngige Begged Tinubu For A Car In 2004 by Ikeast(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Op You mean the armourd car he purchesed with drug money or which one....??

(1) (Reply)

Withdrawing El- Rufai’s Invitation Not A Wise Decision, Sagay Tells NBA / Amaechi El Rufai 2023. Forget That Frog Eyed Gbana Lord / Police Confirm 1 Death, Burning Of Station In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.