Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,135 members, 7,957,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa (2803 Views)

Prepare Your Will If You Are Coming To Rig Election In Rivers State – Wike Warns / Traffic Law: Lagos Lists Vehicles That Can Operate From 6am-9pm / Nigeria Will Be Africa's First Global Superpower - Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by DeeJay20: 4:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
BBC2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese are Coming to Nigeria/Africa

The Chinese are coming to Africa with a "Mission"

This Documentary focuses on the Chinese and the role they are playing
economically in Africa.

For the the BBC to be looking at this means the British are aware
of the new International business competition in what they term as their
Back-yard (Africa)
but they really want to know how
the Africans feel about the chinese presense.

Looks Interesting and should be a good watch, shall post video's
here when it airs.
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by MaJBlige(f): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2011
- while Nigerians continue to troop to China to do manual labour or to trade in drugs.

What a pity. They cant see the opportunity glaring them in the face.
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by EzeUche2(m): 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2011
There is money that can be made in Africa. The Chinese have figured this out. The Lebanese have figured this out. The Westerners have figured this out. When will the Africans figure this out?
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by fstranger3(m): 5:35pm On Feb 08, 2011
EzeUche_:

There is money that can be made in Africa. The Chinese have figured this out. The Lebanese have figured this out. The Westerners have figured this out. When will the Africans figure this out?

We are too stupidd to figure it out

With ediots like GEJ as president, the continent is doomed!
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Mr sense . . Mcccccccccccccchew! angry angry
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by ShangoThor(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2011
Thanks for the heads up, I'm watching it now, extremely interesting
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by DeeJay20: 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2011
hmm just finished watching the 1st part, the chinese businessman/tourist said
we are here to make money!!!
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by Chyz2: 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Amen to that.
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by olaolabiy: 11:56pm On Feb 08, 2011
From Nigeria to Zambia, Zambia to Botswana, it's the same 'ld story.

And, these Chinese people don't even know much about Worship, Nafilah and Vigil i.e. Christianity and Islam.

We really need to examine ourselves as the cause of this backwardness seems beyond nak.ed eyes.

"Haaaaaaaaa, they are cheating us". . . . . sob stories . . sob stories . . sob stories . . . . .
Hmmmmm
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by DisGuy: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2011
DeeJay20:

BBC2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese are Coming to Nigeria/Africa

The Chinese are coming to Africa with a "Mission"

This Documentary focuses on the Chinese and the role they are playing
economically in Africa.

For the the BBC to be looking at this means the British are aware
of the new International business competition [b]in what they term as their
Back-yard (Africa)
but they really want to know how
the Africans feel about the chinese presense.[/b]

Looks Interesting and should be a good watch, shall post video's
here when it airs.

So anything the BBC looks at automatically translate to being concerned?
Why are we (some of us) quick read meanings into documentaries especially
those done by the British?
Mind you the Documentary focus on the Chinese generally spreading across the world and not just Africa
the next one is on the Brazil and then USA

Anyway the series is very interesting: Communist china spreading capitalism to Africa  cheesy
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by olaolabiy: 12:18am On Feb 09, 2011
Dis Guy:

Communist china spreading capitalism to Africa cheesy

So catchy from the reporter.

In fact, America is afraid of a Capitalist China, not a Communist China
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by DisGuy: 12:24am On Feb 09, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

- while Nigerians continue to troop to China to do manual labour or to trade in drugs.

What a pity. They cant see the opportunity glaring them in the face.

the Chinese/Foreigners are coming with Capital (cheap funds) and Higher Skills
and the are coming into environment where the govt will talk to oyinbo before talking to locals
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by youngmonie: 12:33am On Feb 09, 2011
very inetresting topic, realy love learning bout china as its one of my modules for IB, in actuall fact CHINA IS BUYING UP THE WORLD!!.Its good as they are investing but the problem there is that  CHINA KNOWS MORE BOUT AFRICA DAN AFRICA DOES BOUT ITELF NAD AFRICA doesnt JACK SHYT BOUT CHINA, major cause?, decline in educational sector in nigeria, take a subject like economics , commerce being studied in SS1-3, every fucing thing is from the text book, same thing taught 10 yrs ago  is still being taught right now, theres no real life situation being put into practice wen all these things are being taught, Education needs a overhaul in Nigeria

http://www.economist.com/node/17463473
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by playmode(m): 12:33am On Feb 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Ah ,correction the continent is not doomed.Maybe Nigeria is but certainly not Ghana,South Africa, Botswana,Namibia,Swaziland.I happen to visit some of these countries on a regular basis and all i see is progress.

I am one of those few people who chose to stay and thrive in Africa.Now when we talk about Africa ,there are two different types of Africa.(A) The developed Africa with low percentage of corruption in Government e.g SA,Botswana e.t.c (B) The under developed Africa with massive corruption in government e.g Nigeria.

I thank God everyday that i chose to come to South Africa.I had the opportunity of Going to the USA or Australia but for some weird reason ,curiosity drove me to SA.It is the best decision i have ever made in my life.While many of my mates are in the USA ,.Uk ,Australia and Asia working 9-5 jobs,i became financially fulfilled in a matter of 5 years.

Do you know why this is so,well because when i got to SA ,it was still a virgin land.They were still still recovering from Apartheid and many of their citizens were not business savvy.Many Nigerians like myself took advantage of this aspect and established our mini empires here.With our Nigerian mentality and our way of doing business ,many of us clocked 6 digit figures in our bank accounts in no time.

I have no doubt in my mind that if i had gone to the USA ,i will still be working a 9-5 job and finding life very hard like many of friends over there right now.I guess i am just lucky that i made the right choice for me.Today i am very independent and i can afford whatever i want.

What i have realized even from university is that many Nigerians are follow follow zombies.They can't do their own research and make up their own minds.They depend on people to influence them.I remember when i was in Lasu ,many of my friends were always talking about how they were going to make it big in jand and yankie.This dudes had no plan ,they just thought they will arrive overseas and the money will start pouring in.This is what i refer to as a lazy mindset and many Nigerian youths today still think that unless they go to the USA or the Uk ,they can never make it in life.

My ex-girlfriend is currently in North Carolina and i send here money sometimes from SA,can you believe that? Now she knows that going to the USA does not guarantee you success if you do not have a plan.She is even try to "scope" me into sponsoring her to SA,something i will never do.

My point is Africa is great but only if you are in the developed part of Africa and you have a strategy to succeed.

The Chinese come to Nigeria because our officials are too greedy and they can easily buy them in order to operate their illegal activities in Nigeria.

The Chinese come to South Africa because businesses thrive here without the baggage of NEPA ,BAD ROADS e.t.c

While there is a lot of bad press about SA in western media.I will like to show you some of the good things here they don't want you see.Even Americans admit that SA is rocking.

[flash=640,505]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7pgi5ALjVI?fs=1[/flash]

[flash=640,505]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaigbEE_M0?fs=1[/flash]

[flash=640,505]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL_jhAlYzLI?fs=1[/flash]
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by olaolabiy: 12:43am On Feb 09, 2011
youngmonie:

very inetresting topic, realy love learning bout china as its one of my modules for IB, in actuall fact CHINA IS BUYING UP THE WORLD!!.Its good as they are investing but the problem there is that  CHINA KNOWS MORE BOUT AFRICA DAN AFRICA DOES BOUT ITELF NAD AFRICA doesnt JACK SHYT BOUT CHINA, major cause?, decline in educational sector in nigeria, take a subject like economics , commerce being studied in SS1-3, every fucing thing is from the text book, same thing taught 10 yrs ago  is still being taught right now, theres no real life situation being put into practice wen all these things are being taught, Education needs a overhaul in Nigeria

The problem isn't just education.

Our education is still good in Nigeria. And, even better (literacy) in East Africa.
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by MaJBlige(f): 1:15am On Feb 09, 2011
LOL

someone is in love with //youTube, ex girlfriends etc.

mtcheeeeeeeeewwwwwww

Who cares if u can afford the whole world? whose business is that?

who cares if u live in SA or in USA?

what has all those rubbish got to do with the topic?

stop praising yourself here because you dont know about the other people in here. Just face the topic.

LOL.

We love SA so much.
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by fstranger3(m): 1:22am On Feb 09, 2011
^^^^

You are just hating because you arent having it as good

Are you hot? I pay 10000 dolls per night
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by DisGuy: 4:04am On Feb 09, 2011
in case anyone is interested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ykxg9/The_Chinese_Are_Coming_Episode_1/

not too sure about getting round the international block but heard this work http://zeroblox.com/how-it-works.html
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by redsun(m): 4:49am On Feb 09, 2011
Africans,always needing instructions from d masters,even on how to breed and sell common chicken.21st century scramble for africa,what a shame.
Re: Bbc2 Documentary 2nite 9pm:Chinese:New Superpower! Are Coming To Nigeria/Africa by DeeJay20: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2011
youngmonie:

very inetresting topic, realy love learning bout china as its one of my modules for IB, in actuall fact CHINA IS BUYING UP THE WORLD!!.Its good as they are investing but the problem there is that  CHINA KNOWS MORE BOUT AFRICA DAN AFRICA DOES BOUT ITELF NAD AFRICA doesnt  JACK SHYT BOUT CHINA, major cause?, decline in educational sector in nigeria, take a subject like economics , commerce being studied in SS1-3, every fucing thing is from the text book, same thing taught 10 yrs ago  is still being taught right now, theres no real life situation being put into practice wen all these things are being taught, Education needs a overhaul in Nigeria

You got that right, The is no real time development
in Teaching in Nigeria and especially at the secondary level.

Nigerians students need to be aware of General global trends
and Knowledge. I went back to my Alma mater in 2009 and
they are still archiving manually, hardly any computers!!!

I was asked to speak at one of the SS3 Classes Who were
having a Government class. I gave a talk about political
economy and how Govt policy is fundermentally supposed to develop strong
institution to boost economic and social growth, Spoke about the
GDP of Nigeria, Energy sector, Information Techonolgy, China and it impact
on Nigeria etc. The students were looking amazed and were so focused that
you could here a pin drop!!!. I used my Netbook & a mini-projector and
aslo played short Youtube clips to illustrate my points.

They were literally begging me to come back as i speant three days there
from Monday to Wednesday. I was so impressed with their hunger
that i thinking about starting an IT project in the school.

We need to challenge our younger generation mentally.

(1) (Reply)

Police Detain Uwazulike, 200 Massob Members / Northern Nigeria View Of Leadership,sharia And Boko Haram! (survey Report) / Pdp Is The Cause Of Insecurity In Nigeria - Azazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.