Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year (13111 Views)

Oshoala Voted 3rd Best Women's Footballer, Lionel Messi Best Men's Footballer / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by OMNIVIRUS(m): 7:59am On Jul 25, 2020
paulolee:
still dont know why the epl media keep doing this, we all know that Henderson didnt really deserve this award and he should be below the likes of de bryne, sallah, mane and sterling if they really want to vote without sentiments..
i think its an individual award and can't understand how a Henderson with just 4 goals and 5 assist under 2244 mins played should be ahead a perfect de bryne with 11 goals and 19 assist with just 2710 mins played even outscoring some strikers like firninho(9) lacazette (10) etc..
maybe he was given the award to compensate for leading his team to epl glory after 30yrs..
congrats to Henderson but i think de bryne would endup winning the PFA player of the year because he is the best individual player in EPL, miles above the rest on that list..

Football is a multifactorial game. There are always other elements of the game other than talents and that is attitude and leadership qualities. Man city fell apart this season because they missed Kompany who was not there best player but their greatest leader.
Check the greatest clubs you will find out that leadership is a quality as important as best player, case in point
A 34 year zidane at 2006 world cup... his leadership drove them to the final, he wasn't the best on form but he gelled them together.
Roy Keane is another classic example for Man utd. There was Beckham, Cole and others to take the limelight but Keane will fight anybody who wants to take a piss at his team mates
What of Totti, Maldini, Terry, Gerrard, being a leader is important to any football team. Hendo has excelled, in that regard, to hold such amazing consistency and belief for such a long time despite the near misses, make him truly shine.
Salah may get the goals, Mane the accolades, Arnold the praises but nobody in that squad or the epl understands what it means to have all those trophy near misses and still fight on and kept on believing. I wrote him off, that he is not as inspirational as Gerrard but he is leading off and on the pitch and the success is coming.
In conclusion, KDB maybe the better player and his exploits is undeniable but Henderson has helped a liverpool side who were a flash in the pan 6 years ago, to the near miss of last season to be the champions of Europe, the world and now England. Let that sink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Minemrys: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2020
kpaofame:
E be things...
What criteria was used in selecting him?
This shows how these awards works...Agenda must agendize shocked shocked
Man City wins league Liverpool player gets it Liverpool wins league Liverpool player gets it...
The English Agenda... They support and promote their own!
for real? So salah, van dijk, suarez, torres, hazard are english?

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Hangulsaram: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2020
nairalee:
Jordan Henderson? This season?

Please what spectacular thing did he do?

He's not even the best Liverpool player

He's not even the best midfielder in EPL

He's not even the best Henderson cos Dean Henderson was even more spectacular

This award makes no sense
I wonder oo, but that is England for you. They like manipulating to Favour their own. JH never did better than KDB, SM, VVD. If the award has to go to the champion then SM and VVD should be the one not JH.

2 Likes

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Olarewaju89: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2020
rolams:

Nothing in your brain! Why not open a thread for this

You that have something in your brain let check.

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Minemrys: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2020
Galaticos444:
Obviously cos he's an English man undecided.Mane or Kelvin de brune shud av won it
obviously salah and van dijk are english. Heck, sterling is nigerian or stevie g is ghanian when suarez w0n the Pfa.

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by philipstanley(m): 8:12am On Jul 25, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Well deserved

So him better pass KDB this season??
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Isobug: 8:13am On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:
Proof that journalists are sentimental imbeciles. Especially British journalists.

Pure nonsense.

He isn't even their best midfielder, not to speak of most influential player.

They bypassed Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Mane and Salah to give it to him? Insanity.
[i]Oga park well, you are not a Liverpool fan.....We know what Henderson represents in Liverpool. Your one-sided assessment cannot see it.
Liverpool dropped points in 7 matches this season and guess why.... Because there was no Henderson in any of the matches[/i]
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Minemrys: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2020
Franking:
Liverpool would have won the league without Hendo. The award isn't befitting at all. Who be Hendo?
for real? How many Liverpool matches have u seen this seas0n. What match did liverp0ol lo0se their unbeaten? Was henders0n in that match? Oga, f0otball goes bey0nd kicking the round leather. Henders0n was present all through the 1st half of the seas0n when they were in hot form. And it was then they w0n the league. You d0n't watch liverp0ol games, we who do, kn0w our captain's importance. If we w0uld've w0n the league without him why didn't we when he was suspended in 2014? The very match we lost the league was the very match hendo didn't play. Hendo does m0re than you all see. He isn't spectacular, but if you have a hendo in your team, you have everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by mmsen: 8:21am On Jul 25, 2020
Isobug:

[i]Oga park well, you are not a Liverpool fan.....We know what Henderson represents in Liverpool. Your one-sided assessment cannot see it.
Liverpool dropped points in 7 matches this season and guess why.... Because there was no Henderson in any of the matches[/i]

Are you honestly going to claim that Henderson is more important than Van Dijk or Alisson? Did Liverpool look like champions without them?
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by mmsen: 8:24am On Jul 25, 2020
Minemrys:

for real? How many Liverpool matches have u seen this seas0n. What match did liverp0ol lo0se their unbeaten? Was henders0n in that match? Oga, f0otball goes bey0nd kicking the round leather. Henders0n was present all through the 1st half of the seas0n when they were in hot form. And it was then they w0n the league. You d0n't watch liverp0ol games, we who do, kn0w our captain's importance. If we w0uld've w0n the league without him why didn't we when he was suspended in 2014? The very match we lost the league was the very match hendo didn't play. Hendo does m0re than you all see. He isn't spectacular, but if you have a hendo in your team, you have everything.

He was benched for a chunk of the season because his form was trash. He came back in the new year, had a short run of very good games but outside of that, nothing.

At best he's the third most important midfielder after Wijnaldum and Fabinho.

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Isobug: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:

Are you honestly going to claim that Henderson is more important than Van Dijk or Alisson? Did Liverpool look like champions without them?
That's your own judgement......Those that know the right thing have since spoken with their votes
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2020
paulolee:

lolz...nice excuse, so how do we guage him then??
is de bryne an attacker??
midfielders aint rated by goals bt they are mostly rated by assist and besides every club would be dieing to sign a goal scoring midfielders because its a big advantage to the team going forward..
De bruyne is an attacking midfielder, while Henderson is a central midfielder.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by greypencils: 8:34am On Jul 25, 2020
People keep forgetting that football is a team sport. Individual brilliance can be celebrated but in the case of Iiverpool's success, it has been totally a team performance with everyone doing his bit; That being said, Liverpool's engine has been the midfield with it's swift ability to balance attack and defence and sustain the momentum they are notorious for. It is time the bulk of the praise be given to Wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho. Henderson is totally deserving of this award.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by mmsen: 8:44am On Jul 25, 2020
Isobug:

That's your own judgement......Those that know the right thing have since spoken with their votes

Many of those same foolish journalists have informed their readers about the importance of van Dijk and Alisson.

But now that it's time to give awards they revert to their petty tribalism...
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by mmsen: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2020
greypencils:
People keep forgetting that football is a team sport. Individual brilliance can be celebrated but in the case of Iiverpool's success, it has been totally a team performance with everyone doing his bit; That being said, Liverpool's engine has been the midfield with it's swift ability to balance attack and defence and sustain the momentum they are notorious for. It is time the bulk of the praise be given to Wijnaldum, Henderson and Fabinho. Henderson is totally deserving of this award.

He isn't even the best or most important midfielder. Fabinho and Wijnaldum are both superior.

2 Likes

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by greypencils: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:

He isn't even the best or most important midfielder. Fabinho and Wijnaldum are both superior.
Football is a team sport. Thank you very much. If he was too weak for Liverpool midfield he won't be playing it. Go to YouTube and see some beautiful goals this man has scored. Give Henderson his respect. It's just like downplaying Shaqiri and Origi's contribution to Liverpool's UCL success. It's just like you saying Firmino is not deserving of respect because Mane and Salah score more goals. Firmino creates those chances and he is unselfish. So enough of individualizing Liverpool's success. Theirs is the definition of team work. And Henderson is the undisputed leader of that superb team. So put some respect on the name. EOD
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by mmsen: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2020
greypencils:
Football is a team sport. Thank you very much. If he was too weak for Liverpool midfield he won't be playing it. Go to YouTube and see some beautiful goals this man has scored. Give Henderson his respect.

This is an individual award.

He wasn't exceptional this season. He mad maybe two months where he played very well. Outside of that he was very, very ordinary. Fabinho plays the role better.

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by spayor(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2020
OMNIVIRUS:

I am a liverpool faithful, but no midfielder, none let me reiterate for emphasis, none in the league or the world comes close to KDB. That guy is immaculate.
His passes are visionary, his crosses are deliciously orgasmic, His goals, his set piece prowess, his intelligence and all round play is phenomenal.
It's a pity he has been losing out
God bless you for your honesty
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Isobug: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:

Many of those same foolish journalists have informed their readers about the importance of van Dijk and Alisson.

But now that it's time to give awards they revert to their petty tribalism...
When Thiery Henry, Van Nisteroy Luis Suarez,Eden Hazard, Mohammed Salah,Gareth Bale,Christiano Ronaldo, Ngolo Kante, Van persie, Van Dijk etc were winning it, I guess it was not that same Tribalism or Are those players English?
Bros they know what they saw...You wouldn't see it

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Franking: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2020
bkool7:

I hope by this you meant Gabriel Jesus?

F*ck ur Lord and saviour. The idiot that supposedly died for u mugus. Awon ode.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2020
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53523929

This how a real player talk no matter how good you think you are. Not like Ronaldo that's so full with self praise .
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Rumxy(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2020
Squillaci:

Henderson is a midfielder. He don't gauge him with goals and assists.

Do u know he plays in the same position with KDB? Can Henderson lace KDB's boots. Check their stats this season. That's why I dont take English media n journalists serious. Too much hype for English players yet they underperform in international tournaments.
The PFA award will reflect the true picture of things.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Rumxy(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2020
Minemrys:

Oga Liverpool would have still won the league without him. He is not even in the top 5 most important players in liverpool this season that are indispensable. Allison, Van Dyk, Fabinho, Mane, Salah n Firmino are ahead of him in importance. The best liverpool player this season is Sadio Mane. Henderson is not even a world class player. I dont even need to be a liverpool fan to identify a world class player like the ones I mentioned above. It's normal British football politics. Let me ask u a question.

If your team has a slot for one CM, who would u want to take the slot between KDB and Henderson?

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by TheFirstOne: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2020
Here
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by spayor(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2020
OMNIVIRUS:

Football is a multifactorial game. There are always other elements of the game other than talents and that is attitude and leadership qualities. Man city fell apart this season because they missed Kompany who was not there best player but their greatest leader.
Check the greatest clubs you will find out that leadership is a quality as important as best player, case in point
A 34 year zidane at 2006 world cup... his leadership drove them to the final, he wasn't the best on form but he gelled them together.
Roy Keane is another classic example for Man utd. There was Beckham, Cole and others to take the limelight but Keane will fight anybody who wants to take a piss at his team mates
What of Totti, Maldini, Terry, Gerrard, being a leader is important to any football team. Hendo has excelled, in that regard, to hold such amazing consistency and belief for such a long time despite the near misses, make him truly shine.
Salah may get the goals, Mane the accolades, Arnold the praises but nobody in that squad or the epl understands what it means to have all those trophy near misses and still fight on and kept on believing. I wrote him off, that he is not as inspirational as Gerrard but he is leading off and on the pitch and the success is coming.
In conclusion, KDB maybe the better player and his exploits is undeniable but Henderson has helped a liverpool side who were a flash in the pan 6 years ago, to the near miss of last season to be the champions of Europe, the world and now England. Let that sink
oga leave this long epistle..since wey man city dey win EPL dem no get any leader too wey deserve d award?..since na leadership quality u wan use judge
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by vickydevoka(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2020
kayswag100:
shocked

Lai lai. Sorry, not Henderson. More like Mane or KDB
I hate England people buh I swear de guy ball die
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by vickydevoka(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2020
kayswag100:
shocked

Lai lai. Sorry, not Henderson. More like Mane or KDB
I hate England people buh I swear de guy ball die.
Wen I respect dis guy na Barca vs Liverpool
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by vickydevoka(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2020
nairalee:
Jordan Henderson? This season?

Please what spectacular thing did he do?

He's not even the best Liverpool player

He's not even the best midfielder in EPL

He's not even the best Henderson cos Dean Henderson was even more spectacular

This award makes no sense
U de watch Ball. Na una type de watch only highlights. After una go say Ronaldo Sabi play ball because him de score.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by pretyval: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2020
One thing EPL and Nigerian Politics have in common. How many assists? How many goals? How many interceptions? How many Completed passes? Even Wilfred Ndidi did better than this over hyped English dude not to talk more of KDB
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by vickydevoka(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2020
CorGier:
On his day he's bang average at best but TBH he's contributions to his team's success goes beyond goals and assists.

According to Opta, about 90% of the league games Henderson has played in, Liverpool took maximum points. In the 7 of the 8 games Henderson has missed this season, Liverpool ended up dropping points. His name will be forever etched in Liverpool's folklore, all he needed to do was not slip ala Stevie G.

PS: I feel dirty RN mentioning Liverpool four times in one post, I'm off now for a long cold shower.
I no be Liverpool fan. Buh na only u Sabi watch n analyse ball for here. Wen my guy way b arsenal fan told me he was rooting for Henderson n he also gave me same reason
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by vickydevoka(m): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:

He was benched for a chunk of the season because his form was trash. He came back in the new year, had a short run of very good games but outside of that, nothing.

At best he's the third most important midfielder after Wijnaldum and Fabinho.
Bros I hate English footballer buh I swear Henderson de play ball. If u have data jst stream Liverpool vs Barca champions league second leg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lyon Beat Wolfsburg, Clinch Record Women's Champions League Title / Pool Late News Papers: Bigwin Soccer, Pool Telegraph / Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.