Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Fashion - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion (218 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashion by Shafiu2(m): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2020
[b][/b]MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY FIRST ONLINE CLIENT.

If you are dealing in physical product. Especially, fashion products like outfits.

Know that your fight is different in Nigeria.

That's why you need to read this content to the end. You may also invite your friends to join in reading.

There is love in sharing. I'm sure that you would like to help your family and friends' business growth.

Shall we?

I was relaxing to regain my energy after a busy day. My phone rang, and looking at the screen was a strange number. I picked the call - Hello, good evening. Am I speaking with Sim fashion, she said.

Yes you're speaking with Shafiu Mashood, the CEO at Sim Fashion, good evening,ma. I replied.

She continued. I saw your advert on Facebook marketplace. I love what I saw and I'm convinced to patronise you.

Wow, thank you, ma. I replied joyfully.

She wanted me to make 4 outfits for her. And she asked me about the mode of business transaction.

I told her- I operate on the basis of payment before delivery. Hoping that she will pay immediately for the 4 outfits.

Unfortunately, she resisted. She insisted on payment at the point of delivery. That

wasn't a good idea for me.

It wasn't because my uncle who was working with a logistic company had warned me prior to our conversation, not to operate on payment at the point of delivery.

His Reason was- most people are not serious to receive orders when they have not committed financial obligation.

From his experience most people resist taking up their orders. Even when they are called, they still don't pick the calls when they know is from a logistic company's staff.

I was in a state of dilemma. She wasn't the first to request for such. Many prospects have requested such mode of payment, which I decline.

Should I also let her go like previous prospects?

Lots of thoughts were flowing through my mind.

After she hung off the phone on me because I asked her to make pay before delivery. She wasn't okay with that

What if she refuses to take up or reject the order?

I called her back to inform her that I have accepted the deal. We have agreed on the price and the mode of payment.

Another issue is she didn't want the products to be delivered by proxy, she wanted to bring it by myself.

As at the time of the conversation, I didn't know where she was calling from. I patiently listen to her.

She asked me how many hours journey from Jos to Kano. I replied - 3 hours Ma. And she told me she will be in Kano on so so date, which she want the outfits to be brought to her in Kano on the stated date.

I accepted her request, and I was willing to take a risk just to gain her.

The date she chose fell into the fasting period, the month of Ramadan.

For those that live in the north, know that the month is a busy month for fashion designers.

Traveling in such a month and fasting at the same time, to deliver products to a prospect was a huge sacrifice.

To cut the long story short.

We met at the Mallam Aminu Kano international Airport. She transferred the money the money to my as agreed, without checking the outfits thoroughly.

I was excited that she didn't reject any of the products.

We departed. I received her call immediately I got to Jos. She called to informed me she has arrived home and sha had checked the outfits. She loved what she saw. She was excited on the phone.

Moreso, she asked how can my products get to her in Lagos wherever she is in need.

I told her that won't be a problem. You can always order for my product (ready to wear men's outfits). And I will get it delivered to your door step using the courier service.

Sometimes you need to take a huge risk to gain a customer. Especially in the online economy. Most people are not willing to give their money to a stranger without seeing that order for.

I paid the supreme price to gained her, but it worth it. Online customer acquisition is not an easy task. And retaining them is what I don't joke with.

However, payment before delivery is perilous because some people will order for what their not will to pay for. They will place order and won't collect the order when it gets to their location. Let alone paying.

That has been a challenge selling online.

That's why I restructure my business model to 50% payment before delivery and 50% payment at the point of delivery to avoid a story that touches the heart.

You can also restructure your business model to suit your targets.

Business is a process. Keep restructuring towards your business growth.

(1) (Reply)

African Fashion Series Mondays / Why You Should Sign Up And Post Your Free Samples On Freestuffsng Now. / How To Make Banana Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.