Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals (10671 Views)

DSS Are Rascals; Fayose Storms Aso Villa, Clashes With Buhari... / Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! / Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by maimalari: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan has stressed the critical nature of the South-West to his administration, saying that the zone will not be left to “rascals” to rule.
Specifically, the President noted that Lagos State, being the commercial and industrial hub of the country, must be governed by the PDP.
Jonathan spoke on Tuesday in Ibadan, Oyo State during the commencement of his presidential campaign in the South-West.
The President said the party’s machinery would be legally deployed to ensure that the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Ade Dosumu, emerged victorious in April.
According to him, PDP leaders “will not sleep” until power was wrested from the Action Congress of Nigeria in Lagos State.
He said, “South-West is the most important zone in Nigeria. It is the most cosmopolitan zone where all Nigerians come. It is a mini Nigeria and it is very unique.
“Major commercial activities take place in Lagos and its adjoining states. We are happy that we have a strong support base here. All we can promise the people of the South-West is transparent and good governance.
“We (PDP) must take over all the states in the South-West. The zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals. We shall take over Lagos, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states.
“It is true that we have our challenges in the zone, but we are on top of them all. We shall resolve our differences in our own way.”
Three of the four states mentioned by the President are governed by governors elected on the platform of the ACN.
They are Mr. Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Alhaji Rauf Aregbesola (Osun) and Dr. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti).
The fourth state, Ondo is governed by Dr. Segun Mimiko of the Labour Party.
Jonathan told the crowd at Mapo Hill that if elected in the April poll, his administration would improve the nation’s security, economy, power , employment, entertainment industry, transport and agriculture.
He recalled that his administration had injected about N500bn into the Bank of Industry to encourage job creation, adding that out of the sum, about N200bn had already been disbursed.
On transportation, the President said that his government had completed the refurbishment of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line which was started by the administration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.
He read the Riot Act to those behind the recent bombings in some parts of the country, saying the era of impunity had gone forever.
Jonathan said, “There are security challenges all over the world and our country has had its fair share. We must arrest those behind bomb blasts in our country no matter how long it will take us.
“The era of impunity is over. Security personnel are already on their trail and we shall arrest them.”
The President had while inaugurating the presidential campaign office in Abuja on Tuesday, said the PDP would win the presidency in April.
The host governor of the rally, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, in his goodwill message, said the re-election bid of the President was a foregone conclusion.
Alao-Akala recalled that Mapo Hill had played host to prominent politicians, who came to solicit for votes and won. Jonathan’s case, according to him, will not be an exception.
He said, “Alhaji Shehu Shagari was here. Chief Obasanjo and the late Umaru Yar’Adua were also here to solicit the votes of our people and they won.
“You will win. In fact, you have won the election because your case cannot be an exception.”
Alao-Akala argued that the recent sackings of some PDP governors in the zone did not reflect the potential of the PDP, maintaining that the party remained the party to beat in the country.
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, who was among those that were handed PDP flags to contest the April elections, urged youths in the South-West not to waste their votes on other parties.
Also at the rally, Obasanjo said that the emergence of Jonathan as President would deepen democracy and strengthen the country’s unity.
He, however, said that nothing should be taken for granted in PDP’s bid to win the presidential election in April.
Obasanjo said, “Nothing should be taken for granted. We know we have work to do. There are areas in this country today that are crying for attention.
“The areas include security, economy, corruption and infrastructure. These areas cannot and must not be neglected. I take solace in the fact that Jonathan has gone through a period of tutelage.”
The former president also called on the party’s leadership to ensure that all members, who felt displeased by the outcome of PDP primaries, were reconciled and brought back into the party’s mainstream
The reconciliation, he added, must be from the ward to the national level.
“Democracy is about number. We need everybody; the good, the bad and the ugly. We have been behind the scene in the zone before, we are now in the mainstream and we must remain there with the rest of the country,” he added.
Highlights of the rally included the handing over of the PDP flag to some candidates in the zone.
While Alao-Akala got the flag to contest the governorship election, Adetunji Olurin and Dosunmu were given the flags to contest in Ogun and Lagos states respectively.
But the presentation of a flag to Bankole took members of the party, who thronged the venue, by surprise.
The name of the Speaker was missing on the list of successful candidates in the recently concluded primaries of the party, which was released by the Independent National Electoral Commission on Sunday.
Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, who is the South-West Coordinator of the Jonathan-Sambo Presidential Campaign , and his supporters were absent from the rally.
Also, the Senate Leader, Chief Teslim Folarin, and other members of the PDP in Oyo State, who are against the second term ambition of Alao-Akala, also boycotted the rally.
A former presidential aspirant of the All Nigeria Peoples Party, Chief Harry Akande, was formerly received into the party at the rally.
Daniel, who addressed supporter at his Asoludero Residence in Sagamu, said he was prevented from attending the presidential campaign rally.
Accusing some people of ‘disorganising things’ in Ogun State, the governor said, “I pray that all the people that can make us to be annoyed may God take them away.”
He added that he was finding it difficult to understand the kind of luck that had befallen the PDP in the South-West.
He said, “I was about going to Ibadan and you came to block the way that I should not go, and I asked why. I was told the people of the state are annoyed and aggrieved.
“We have been ruling Ogun State with honesty and truth and the people of the state appreciated and commended us. But some people came and they were disorganizing things, they claimed to be God.
“I don’t know the kind of luck that has befallen PDP in the South West. People who stole from the nation are today walking free on the streets.
“In Ogun State as God liveth; we have been troubled since the past five years, they took us to court, brought EFCC and they could not do anything.”
He lamented the rejection of the list submitted to INEC by the PDP faction led by him. The governor said, “We conducted our primaries, they brought people to monitor it from Abuja, INEC, SSS, police and all witnessed it. Everything was recorded only for us to hear after about seven days that they were removing and substituting.
“Those who did not come out; those who did not know about the party and did not participate were said to have won the primaries. I promise that none of our candidates will be substituted.”
http://www.punchontheweb.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art201102094511046
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Afam4eva(m): 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2011
I wanted to blast you for using yoruba in your title but thought otherwise because he actually meant yoruba leaders who are not in People's Destruction Party.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Afam4eva(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
The number one rascal is yoruba land is Alao Akala and he's in PDP.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by TewMuch: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2011
Really, interesting. A true leader and someone that needs votes will learn how to talk. Like husband like wife, all these unrefined illiterates we have campaigning have the guts to call someone else a rascal. He will still come back to the same south west to crawl for votes, when majority of soth westerner's are Pro-ACN. He obviously didnt get that memo, this is a political campaign FAIL! He just shot himself in the foot. Goodbye, Jonathan. 1yr president.lol.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by maimalari: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2011
Damn. If actually these words are from GEJ, then he has changed greatly for the worse. For goodness sake, he used to talk gently and respectfully. Why is he blabbing like obj and akala. Problem dey ooo, Presido, pls retrace your steps and avoid the devilish influence of your master(obj). God forbid bad influence.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by jason123: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2011
maimalari:

Describing the South West as the most important
in the country because of its political antecedents,
the president, said the zone was too educated,
civilized to be left in the hands of rascals.
Though, he did not mention the name of any
person in particular, he stressed that Lagos, as a
commercial nerve centre in the country was very
important and the party must ensure that it
controlled the state after the April polls.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/obasanjo-justifies-preference-for-jonathan’s-candidacy/

Funny, so Fashola is a rascal but Akala is not abi?
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by jason123: 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2011
afam4eva:

EXACTLY!!!
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Afam4eva(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2011
This Nigerian leaders don't know how to talk. How can a sitting president be spewing such jargons. Does he think this is a wresting or boxing match where he can talk any how.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by seanet02: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2011
afam4eva:

This Nigerian leaders don't know how to talk. How can a sitting president be spewing such jargons. Does he think this is a wresting or boxing match where he can talk any how.
GBAM!!!!!!
Jonathan alias Odechukwu does not know what he is Saying. Clueless president
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by 10cirenoh: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
Hehehehe, Jonathan is a chameloen and it won't take time before his real colors start showing, lol

He has used his devilish smile to deceive some chicken brain nigerians to the extent that he now thinks he can say anything.

Like mentor like apprentice

like OBJ like JONATHAN

SHOW ME ANY PDP GOVERNOR WHO'S MORE CIVILIZED THAN FASHOLA, FAYEMI, AREGBESOLA AND OSHIOMOLE, SHOW ME. angry
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Chyz2: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2011
Well I happen to agree with Goodluck Jonathan. The president knows best. grin
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by jason123: 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
10cirenoh:

Hehehehe, Jonathan is a chameloen and it won't take time before his real colors start showing, lol

He has used his devilish smile to deceive some chicken brain nigerians to the extent that he now thinks he can say anything.

like OBJ like JONATHAN

SHOW ME ANY PDP GOVERNOR WHO'S MORE CIVILIZED THAN[b] FASHOLA[/b], FAYEMI, AREGBESOLA AND OSHIOMOLE, SHOW ME. angry
Especially those three.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Chyz2: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2011
10cirenoh:

like OBJ like JONATHAN

SHOW ME ANY PDP GOVERNOR WHO'S MORE CIVILIZED THAN FASHOLA, FAYEMI, AREGBESOLA AND OSHIOMOLE, SHOW ME. angry

Amaechi, Sullivean, Aliyu Babangida, Akpabio. . . And um, it is Oshiomhole not Oshiomole.He is not from the SW but the SS.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Add Gbenga Daniel to that too angry
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

Amaechi, Sullivean, Aliyu Babangida, Akpabio. . . And um, it is Oshiomhole not Oshiomole.He is not from the SW but the SS.

Plus he's not yoruba.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by HamidO1(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
GEJ is definately dining with devils. OGD,Akala and co, he'll soon come out to deny or revoke what he said as usual. Bunch of idiots called PDP
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by jason123: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

afam4eva:

Plus he's not yoruba.
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by TewMuch: 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
his handlers obviously did not do a good job with research. Before you go and talk in a place, you have to understand their culture and traditions. People in the SW do not smile on people that insult elder's. If you know you can win, then support your claims by what you can bring to the table not throwing insults. Only intellectual midgets and illiterates like the Jonathan's will engage in such. I am sure even the PDP SW supporter's cringed when he made these statements. DO WE WANT A HASTY, THOUGHTLESS AND DISRESPECTFUL PRESIDENT? NOPE
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by 1025: 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2011
i think for the first time in my life, i want agree with jonathan.
he (jonathan) has a rascal(obj) who is his mentor, a yoruba and a pdp member so if he says that, i think he is right.
again, he is working with yorubas who are also pdp members and confirmed rascals eg. we had bode goerge who is a rascal raise to power 20.
if jonathan is working towards changing the progress in lagos state, by saying pdp will win in lagos, i take permission here to call jonathan a rascal.
if jonathan has senators who earn N15.9m monthly and has refused to aprove just N18,000 as minimum wage for poor workers, then he is more than a rascal.
in fact, pdp and their supporters are rascals.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by 10cirenoh: 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2011
Chyz*:

Well I happen to agree with Goodluck Jonathan. The president knows best. grin

Hehehehe, so Jonathan knows best? do you have a brain? undecided

Who's more civilized between Jonathan (the number one person in the PDP) and Fashola?

Chyz*:

Lol, Amaechi? partly yes, but wetin the rest wey you line up so? sullivean abi wetin u call am? do you know what civility mean? Aliyu babangida wetin? hehehehe, you don't understand what civility means.

And please blot out that Akpabio the child witch hunter, the same Akpabio that said child witches are the cause of the problems in Akwa Ibom  grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, Oshiomole is not SW, i know but he mostly identifies with the SW Gov (his party people) and not with the SS because of his ideology, you don't expect him to go sit with looters like Uduaghan, Silva and co.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2011
@10cirenoh

Pls can u tell us why you think Sullivan Chime is not civil.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by 10cirenoh: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
@1025

Don't you think you need glasses? he said NON-PDP politicians in the SW are rascals, the names you listed are all in PDP, so are you indirectly saying Jonathan is indirectly insulting OBJ, AKALA, DANIEL, THAT KILLER SENATOR CALLED FOLARIN, OYINLOLA and co?
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Rhino5dm: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2011
Dont mind the eediiot.

1025:

i think for the first time in my life, i want agree with jonathan.
he (jonathan) has a rascal(obj) who is his mentor, a yoruba and a pdp member so if he says that, i think he is right.
again, he is working with yorubas who are also pdp members and confirmed rascals eg. we had bode goerge who is a rascal raise to power 20.
if jonathan is working towards changing the progress in lagos state, by saying pdp will win in lagos, i take permission here to call jonathan a rascal.
if jonathan has senators who earn N15.9m monthly and has refused to aprove just N18,000 as minimum wage for poor workers, then he is more than a rascal.
in fact, pdp and their supporters are rascals.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Chyz2: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2011
10cirenoh:

Who's more civilized between Jonathan (the number one person in the PDP) and Fashola?

Lol, Amaechi? partly yes, but wetin the rest wey you line up so? sullivean abi wetin u call am? do you know what civility mean? Aliyu babangida wetin? hehehehe, you don't understand what civility means.

And please blot out that Akpabio the child witch hunter, the same Akpabio that said child witches are the cause of the problems in Akwa Ibom  grin grin grin grin grin

Yes, Oshiomole is not SW, i know but he mostly identifies with the SW Gov (his party people) and not with the SS because of his ideology, you don't expect him to go sit with looters like Uduaghan, Silva and co.

Ok, maybe I'm getting something wrong.What exactly do you mean by civilized?
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Gbawe: 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2011
Jonathan is not a true leader. He does not understand that leadership is about delivering results for those you lead . At the end of the day , it is about the 'spoils of war' for him , his ilk and mentors (Anenih, OBJ et al). His insinuation that Fashola is a "rascal" is ludicrous . What has GEJ done in his entire political career? What did he do as Governor of Bayelsa? But for folks (first Alams and then OBJ) who felt they needed a meek deputy he would not be where he is talking down real administrators who deliver results .

He should go back to see how Ribadu and El Rufai behaved before the election in 2007. Both , despite being PDP members, showed up at Oshiomhole's (ACN) Guber campaign. They said things to the effect that "even if we are from different Parties we are here to support the ambition of a man we are sure will deliver good Governance for Nigerians". I thought that was a classy gesture in a nation where many , to include GEJ,  are blinded totally by "do or die" politics to even fathom the notion that all good hands should be on deck. We know GEJ is a politician .If he is intelligent then he will understand that if , unlike Ribadu and El Rufai, he cannot commend an opposition Politician he should learn to keep his criticism circumspect instead of making himself look hypocritical by denigrating a Governor who has performed far better than any from his Party.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by maithy1: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2011
Hello brothers i have some family problems that has  been giving me serious stress and i have spend much till now i the case is still going on,all i need from you guys is to help me to give me a direct connection to force headquater abuja or  any connection to the attorney general in abuja ,because i will not like to continue this case with all those common lawyers that just collect my money and never do their job well,please if anyone feel concern let him reply me here or send me mail to maithy1wales@googlemail.com i will be so greatful to hear from someone,please dont be angry that i did not give all the details about the matter but who ever that wants to help me will know the details.

Thanks and God bless
Simon
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by aljharem(m): 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2011
maimalari:

Describing the South West as the most important
in the country because of its political antecedents,
the president, said the zone was too educated,
civilized to be left in the hands of rascals.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/obasanjo-justifies-preference-for-jonathan’s-candidacy/

can people see that this man is mad finally

yes yorubas are the most educated in nigeria ,.,, FACT but must he put it there to annoy other groups

what about we igbos that are the best in trading angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Gbawe: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2011
alj harem:

yes yorubas are the most educated in nigeria ,.,, FACT but must he put it there to annoy other groups

You have to forgive "Azikiwe" Jonathan. He wants to be all things to all men . It takes insincerity to pull that off . I am surprised he did not announce that he is also named Obafemi. A man who is the leader of the greatest rascals in Nigeria calling others rascal grin grin They say wonders will never end.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Jarus(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2011
Another incoherence from Mr President that will be interpreted and re-interpreted in days to come. I expect his media aides to come out and say that's not he wanted to say or meant. grin
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by 9javoice1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2011
Finaly the hausa/fulani guy is here to change the discussion into igbo yoruba bashing thread. Sorry mr.al-harem go and drink your medicine or better still stop commenting.  Jonathan didn't speak about igbo's or any other sect ok. are you not ashame that in nigeria nobody talks about hausa/fulani in any progressive things.

My dear everyone here knows your game why not stop.   look, igbos and yorubas have much in common than hausa. pls talk about uncle GEJ comment ok.  When i said that this guy(al harem) is on contract in NL to make sure igbo's and yoruba's do not agree, some folks thinks i hate him now see, what concern his writeup with the topic. if he is sincere why didn't he use hausa/fulani (where he comes from) in refrence instead of using igbo.    Am a full time time suporter of uncle GEJ , but as for this comment he is Wrong.
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by fstranger3(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
maimalari:

He boasted that it was not possible that he, the
president would contest election and lose.

Why is that?
Re: Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals by Chyz2: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
alj harem:

Nice try Alj haram. Cow herder trying to use divide and rule through nairaland. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha Visits House Of Representatives, Pictured With Dogara (photo) / APC Chairman Promises To Work Towards Tinubu Presidency / Kogi 2023: ADC Collapses Structure For Pdp’s Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.