Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) (43183 Views)

Tinubu, Lawan, Zulum, Tambuwal, Others In Borno For Fatima Shettima's Wedding / Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC / Obaseki In Meeting With Secondus, Wike, Tambuwal, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
flyingpig:
Long may he reign.

I would like to also see the courtroom of Ooni of Ife as well as his counterpart in Sokoto shocked

So we can do petty argument on whose courtroom is arguably the most expensive grin
how old are u?
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
flyingpig:
Long may he reign.

I would like to also see the courtroom of Ooni of Ife as well as his counterpart in Sokoto shocked

So we can do petty argument on whose courtroom is arguably the most expensive grin
what will you gain from that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by favor914: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
toprealman:

Historical touch indeed. Why not build a clay hut for you and your family to help preserve the ancient touch.
Don’t mind that Mumu, he should have also told the Oba to trade in his 2 Rolls Royce Phantoms for horses?
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Tirips(f): 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:
They are modernizing this our palace too much.. it's gradually losing its historical, traditional and cultural values and recognition...

I wish it's kept acient so our younger once can identify with their root..

Palace don turn glass house finish
u have a point.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
flyingpig:
Go and direct your frustration-laced lamentations to Tinubu who has withdrawn trillions from Lagos state coffers since 1999. Yorubas don't have a say in Edo.
u see. A neighbor will point out the wrong done by a child. The parents of the child will say what is ur business is it ur child?

If what that guy said is true, then this country will never get better as long as we have people like u in it.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Jeux:
I won't stoop to your level by calling you names sha, I be confirm obviedo kpataki from esan central lga, had my tertiary education in edo, lived almost all my life in the three senatorial districts of edo, typing from temboga, off lucky way ,back of odia rubber factory, Benin city.
I dont do party politics, just saying the obvious truth, sometimes I wonder what ordinary citizens gain from defending these thieves that loots us dry daily .
Irrrua boy. Well done.
No mind that guy jare
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by excel101(m): 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:
They are modernizing this our palace too much.. it's gradually losing its historical, traditional and cultural values and recognition...

I wish it's kept acient so our younger ones can identify with their root..

So if you were to be the Oba of Benin, would you have maintained the status quo? In the past does Oba watch tele,. The world has left you behind. You should know that the most constant thing in life is CHANGE and that the world we are living is dynamic.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Nyanabo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked are you seeing what am seeing See palace oboy eh this people sha de enjoy life oh. grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by AreaFada2: 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:

My dear, palace buildings have always evolved. The palace destroyed in 1897 wasn't the same rebuilt in 1914. What you saw perhaps since the 1970s was the gradually evolving 1914 place.

The palace described by the Portuguese in 1470s, by the British in 1553 and by the Dutch in 1600s were not even exactly same. They were much bigger than the rebuilt palace of 1914.

Palaces of Ooni, Obi of Onitsha, Oba of Lagos and recently Olowo of Owo have been much renovated and modernized.

But important traditional parts of the palace are preserved in original form.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Rebuke: 12:03am On Jul 26, 2020
internationalman:

Chai, bros eh, na better talk yhu talk so o.

But bros, do yhu drive or take cabs? Do yhu wear clothes?

If yhu do all these things yhu no try o bcus the younger ones or coming generation wouldn't know how Africans used to walk naked or maybe just some animal skin round their waste and that was our tradition.

I fear they may also not know how we used to trek long distance and the privileged ones rode on horses and camel.

Too many tradition we have jilted for westernization.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by vioment: 4:19am On Jul 26, 2020
Beautiful palace.

I just hope say we are not wasting or promising fg or sg money for him. We need electricity to become have a circulating money. People will not send him when the nation has capabilities and equality.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by coputa(m): 6:31am On Jul 26, 2020
internationalman:

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by coputa(m): 6:36am On Jul 26, 2020
internationalman:

The old ones has not been demolished,they 're still there.but a more decent palace has been built to accommodate and receive visitors.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by coputa(m): 7:19am On Jul 26, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Why modernize a palace but keep customs ancient? There is conflict!

Either modernize both or keep both ancient.
Since infrastructural modernity was copied from the west,Africa should also be slaves to their culture. Ancient civilization is crude and slow,so it needs modernity but customs and traditions cannot be,because if we do, then we have lost our values as a people.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by favorfavor: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2020
useless clowns
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Elsiedaniels(f): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2020
Here
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by mulerogold(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2020
Beautiful palace!

Great improvement.
Edo state government in Edo Remits 5% of monthly allocation to Oba.

Didn't hope to see less.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by imagrg(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
WINNER ALL THE WAY!
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by jubilee55f: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
This is all they are good at. Display of unnecessary wealth without any national input. Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by MikkieEl: 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Oba gha to kpere.

Two Edo sons are contesting we are all one family, so nobody should loose their lives because if it.

God bless Benin kingdom

Isee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xerona Duke And Her Husband, DJ Caise Begin Their Honeymoon In Maldives / Why My WAEC Certificate Bears Sadiq Abubakar’ – Atiku Responds To Forgery Allega / Aregbesola Boycotts Osun Governorship Election, Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.