Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) (43193 Views)

Tinubu, Lawan, Zulum, Tambuwal, Others In Borno For Fatima Shettima's Wedding / Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC / Obaseki In Meeting With Secondus, Wike, Tambuwal, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
wink
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Kuginzi: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
flyingpig:
Go and direct your frustration-laced lamentations to Tinubu who has withdrawn trillions from Lagos state coffers since 1999. Yorubas don't have a say in Edo.
Why did you bring Tinubu in to Edo case?
Has Tinubu ever rule Edo state?
May you receive brain before November 2020

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by OKorowanta: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Fruitless Waka.
Oba don endorse Buhari candidate...
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by sam1919: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
No matter what you say,I still believe this is political. Oshomhole, APC and kabaka has all the thugs and agberos in Edo state. This is a tactics fo bring the peaceful governor down.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by flyingpig: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
SmartProf:

These men live in opulence sha, but the unwritten rule remains that they never criticize the govt. of the day. Just be diplomatic as Dangote and you'll be fine, but if you become a Sanusi you'll be sent to a permanent isolation centre grin
grin I'm surprised u didn't use football analysis to describe this one grin

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
[[s]quote author=Simplyleo post=92097733]So?

Oba's palace is widely opened to all contestants. So save us this inconsequential nonsense. [/quote][/s]

So it's no longer the lie that Oba rejected the Governor?

APC liars are hell bound!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Uniquekriss(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:
They are modernizing this our palace too much.. it's gradually losing its historical, traditional and cultural values and recognition...

I wish it's kept acient so our younger once can identify with their root..

Palace don turn glass house finish
Dem swear for una say if claypot, native chalk, cowries and broomstick no dey, Dem no go know say na traditional ruler palace, abi Oba dey forbid to live good life?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by EdiskyHarry: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nice one,
God bless gov wike
God bless rivers state
God bless gov udom Emmanuel
God bless akwa ibom state
God bless gov obaseki
God bless Edo state
God bless the United States of Niger delta
Say no to god fatherism in leadership.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
*Edo govt condemns attacks on guests at Oba’s Palace, fingers APC, Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole for sponsoring thugs*

The Edo State Government has condemned the attack on its guests, notably governors and other Very Important Persons (VIPs), on Saturday, at the Oba’s Palace in Benin City, prequel to the flag-off of Governor Godwin Obaseki’s campaign for re-election.

In a statement, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, said the thugs were sponsored by the All Progressives Congress (APC), its candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu and the sacked National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, who he said had in the past few days engaged thugs to cause mayhem in the state.

According to him, “We are appalled by the deployment of thugs to the sacred grounds of the Oba Palace by the APC, Ize-Iyamu and Oshiomhole with the sponsorship of a Benin billionaire to harass guests who are in the state for the flag-off of Governor Obaseki’s campaign and had visited the palace to pay obeisance to His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, the Oba of Benin.

“While we respect the boundaries of politics as it relates to the Palace, it is reprehensible that the APC, its candidate and their enablers would sponsor thugs to desecrate the palace, which is a clear case of desperation to score cheap points.

“This conduct is not a trait of Edo people and is condemned in the strongest possible terms, as we are courteous and welcoming to guests. It is obvious that these persons were mobilised for this task by those who have no regard for the palace nor want the progress and development of the state.”
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by macjireh: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:
They are modernizing this our palace too much.. it's gradually losing its historical, traditional and cultural values and recognition...

and u call urself international man....wat do we use pictures for?..pictures can preserve d heritage,but d oba should not be living in a HUT while u live in a mansion just because u want to preserve cultural heritage... lastly d biggest problem of culture is dat it is never reviewed and modified

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by martineverest(m): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:

that's not the palace... it's a hall inside the palace...the fence,palace etc are all intact...Benin people still preserve their traditional design of their palaces...some monarch modernizee theirs but the paintings and architecture still remain. traditional

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by SaFree(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
Oba gha toh kpere

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Akhigbeblog(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2020
[s]
internationalman:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
Simplyleo:
So?

Oba's palace is widely opened to all contestants. So save us this inconsequential nonsense.
But it wasn't nonsense when the thread about APC's thug harassing the governor's entourage made FP? This one pained you well because your party couldn't take this initiative.
Hypocrites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by hardon1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
Classic palace
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by chrisxxx(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
grin The TAX COLLECTORS Group of Thieves on tour
E dey pain you gaaaaan. Zombie.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by favour32(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
OKorowanta:
Fruitless Waka.
Oba don endorse Buhari candidate...
tongue
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:

That's why he has the staff of office.
That staff no be two.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by chukwuibuipob: 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
wink grin kid
chrisxxx:

E dey pain me gaaaaan. My father's a Zombie.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by 10kgod(m): 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
Sokoto governor, one of the worsts gvS

Abeg, osogbo people should patronise us. check our signature
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by promzy555(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
My oba too like beta thing... Long live d oba
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by emkz: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:

So His Royal Majesty should be living in a mudhouse and sleeping in a mudbed fanned by servants? Be honest with us, if na you, you go wan go that palace?

All I see is royalty and splendour. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by bosman4u: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
Do you have the windows version of GOALPOS?

As a business owner, you should have the records of your expenses handy and to know the impact on your profits in a day, week, month or year. Use this free mobile inventory app to run your business and appreciate the power of information technology.
goalPOS helps you to know the value of your shop,
know your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly profit and losses at any time,
manage customer debts and expenses,
and to manage your business with the help of a sales person to ensure accountability even if you are not physically present in your shop.
No internet needed
No computer needed
Print customer receipt with any bluetooth enabled POS printer.
Avaliable for download on playstore.[/quote]
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by oyeb15: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
Obaseki is smillingshly attending his valedictory service. What an irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by chrisxxx(m): 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
grin The TAX COLLECTORS Group of Thieves on tour
Again e dey pain u gaaaaaan. Afonja!
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by PrinceMajestic: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmmmmm. When the high chiefs heads are exposed these crazy politicians are desecrating the palace with caps on their head. First, it wrong for cap to be on your head while in the palace, 2. It even more worse putting on your cap in oba presence. I am not happy with his majesty, if his majesty accepts this unprecedented insolence on the father stool what then happens with the offspring thrones of this great Father throne been disrespected like this. Our traditional institutions are getting ruined by these modern monarch. The palace is beautiful and I know the SACRED forests are always there. Our kings should always stand firm on their authority. Things like this make me remember a governorship aspirant who just zoomed in our town unannounced with his convoy and crowd of supporters all trooping to disturb my King unannounced. My King ordered his gates be shut against them and the governorship aspirant was made to enter the palace from beginning of the palace first gate down inside the palace main yard till the main palace guest house were my king received him and only his running mate, as young as my king he scolded the old politicians for disrespecting him in such manner but at las there was apology and king is always for everybody so Royal blessings were offered at las. But the point is the politician had to leave his convoy behind and trek in and outside of the palace without Any of his supporters for his disrespect. And the very father throne in Bini is been disrespected by politicians wearing caps in palace of oba n b4 oba. Too saddening.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by jrusky(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
flyingpig:
Long may he reign.

I would like to also see the courtroom of Ooni of Ife as well as his counterpart in Sokoto shocked

So we can do petty argument on whose courtroom is arguably the most expensive grin

So that is what is most important to you?

Ok nah.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by onward4life(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:

It used to be as colorful as evening anytime it came up on television those days

#HotelTheJordan

Gong days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by jrusky(m): 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
flyingpig:
Go and direct your frustration-laced lamentations to Tinubu who has withdrawn trillions from Lagos state coffers since 1999. Yorubas don't have a say in Edo.

Bro but the guy did not insult your tribe neither your monarch he was just plainly political which is done by every one. You took his words too personal bro.

Stop turning everything tribal moreso what brought Tinubu into these can you tell us

Pls grow up don't talk just because uou want to be noticed. Grow up not everything you throw tribal jabs.
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by toprealman: 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
internationalman:

Historical touch indeed. Why not build a clay hut for you and your family to help preserve the ancient touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) by favor914: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
SmartProf:
Such a beautiful palace. The Oba of Benin has some great class, and he knows how to stay non partisan.
Non partisan? The Oba of Benin, is a staunch Oshiomhole & APC loyalist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm / EFCC Arrests Rochas Okorocha For Money Laundering / APC Disqualifies 12 Kogi Governorship Aspirants (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.