Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? (106771 Views)

Poll: Is the abortion pills safe?

It is atleast 80% safe: 33% (5 votes)
Its a death trap: 13% (2 votes)
Too much complications: 13% (2 votes)
I dont support abortion: 40% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

What Happens If A Man Takes Abortion Pills / Abortion Pills / Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by lioness(f): 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2006
The Abortion Pill (brand name Mifeprex) is a form of early abortion caused by the combination of two medications, mifepristone and misoprostol. Also known as RU486, mifepristone has been used safely in Europe for many years. The Abortion Pill is an early abortion option for women who are 8 weeks pregnant or less. During the first appointment at the clinic you receive the mifepristone pill to take orally. Then 24 to 72 hours later, in the privacy of your own home, you insert small tablets of misoprostol into your vagina, which causes contractions resulting in a miscarriage. When used in combination, mifepristone and misoprostol are 95-97% effective within two weeks. Mifepristone and misoprostol are FDA approved.

HOW SAFE IS THIS?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by Greatpeter(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2006
Not save, no abortion pills is save.
The future effects is devastating.
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by layi(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2006
lioness:

The Abortion Pill (brand name Mifeprex) is a form of early abortion caused by the combination of two medications, mifepristone and misoprostol. Also known as RU486, mifepristone has been used safely in Europe for many years. The Abortion Pill is an early abortion option for women who are 8 weeks pregnant or less. During the first appointment at the clinic you receive the mifepristone pill to take orally. Then 24 to 72 hours later, in the privacy of your own home, you insert small tablets of misoprostol into your vagina, which causes contractions resulting in a miscarriage. When used in combination, mifepristone and misoprostol are 95-97% effective within two weeks. Mifepristone and misoprostol are FDA approved.

HOW SAFE IS THIS?

U obviously lifted your post from here http://www.fwhc.org/abortion/medical-ab.htm . U should have read the entire site. Abortion pills are dangerous. They don't recognize foetus. It expels the content of the wombs and if taken without proper medical diagnosis & guidance, u could end up wit an indelible wound.
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by dejiolowe: 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2006
they r effective... i can tell u that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by baralatie(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2006
how safe is safe in itself.A guy gets a girl pregnant and says i am not ready.You have some change,get yourself a dose and wake up in two weeks time.It is brand new day as if nothing happened with no side effects,no long term lmplications.I AAM SCARED OF THIS DRUG.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2006
not very safe at alllllllllllll
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by lioness(f): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2006
Well, i guess pills or suction, they all haave their effects. I dont intend to go for one but a friend was telling me about how effective and safe the pill was to her. [ now she's married with a kid], so i just got wondering. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by baralatie(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2006
coolA drug for abortion is not bad logically.THE problem is this over the years drugs have undergone serious changes as a result of increased knowledge about the human body.Some drugs such as Aspirin have now been declared as dangerous,chioroquine & anti bacterial drugs is been classed as drugs  no less effective without a DOCTOR'S supervision.For a drug to be effective it is tested over a population sample and the probability measured.If it is high it is considered safe  taking into consideration side effects.NOW IMMAGINE A DRUG THAT IS CONSIDERED SAFE NOT WORKING OR YIELDING AFTER EFFECTS DOWN THE ROAD.History has a lot of documented lifestyle of the factor of youth and their resultant effects.now youths are been encouraged to be involved in more proactive health care lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by lioness(f): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2006
undecided hmmm.,,, good points
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by SIBLI06(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2006
Safe for who?? the mother to be or the unborn that is going to be terminated Sorry but I don't beleive in abortion unless their is a medical reason or the mother was rapped.
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by sammyjl(f): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2007
angry Oh puh leeze, nonsense, mostly guys will not agree with this and will say they dont approve of the pill as they are not the carriers. It all depends on the mother to be anyways.

About the pills and their safety, I have no clue therefore who am I to say,
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by lioness(f): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2007
Atimes of desperation, females dont ask these questions.

Most abortions are done either at impulse or out of fear.
And the effects or deffects are not thought of until later
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by lindawatson03: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
yes having abortion pills are the safest way to End pregnancy if your pregnancy is under 9 weeks from your last 63days of your last period.Food and Drug Administration(FDA) shown abortion pill is safe of edning pregnancy ttp://www.womenhealthzone.com/womens-reproductive-health/does-abortion-pill-successfully-terminate-pregnancy-know-the-facts-of-abortion-pill/
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by lindawatson03: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2012
yes having abortion pills are the safest way to End pregnancy if your pregnancy is under 9 weeks from your last 63days of your last period.Food and Drug Administration(FDA) shown abortion pill is safe of edning pregnancy  http://www.womenhealthzone.com/womens-reproductive-health/does-abortion-pill-successfully-terminate-pregnancy-know-the-facts-of-abortion-pill/
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by betaessays: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
The role of prostabglandins in abortion. http://articlesng.com/abortion-role-prostaglandins-abortion/
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by jbblues24(m): 12:25am On Jun 02, 2019
This is sublime work, friend. cheesy
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by TheActionase(m): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seems the doctors on this page can help....they help me and my partner successfully. They don't judge or use sentiments..

https://freeonlinebiznezideas..com/2020/03/abortion-how-to-handle-unwanted_29.html?m=1
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by SaraAngelou: 8:50am On Mar 04, 2021
Order abortion pill online to end unwanted pregnancy at home up to 9 weeks. Mifepristone and Misoprostol are the two abortion pills that help in termination effectively.
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by AnnaWharton: 5:46am On Mar 06, 2021
The Abortion Pill is really easy and safe to use. There are lots of Abortion Pills including generic as well as branded medicine. Mifepristone and Misoprostol are generic medicine as well as MTP kit, Mifegest kit, Mifeprex kit, Abortion kit is banded medicine available in the market. These all remedies are helping to get rid of early pregnancy at home with self-administration up to 9 weeks of gestation.

Buy MTP kit online USA
Re: Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? by Premiumwriter: 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Greatpeter:
Not save, no abortion pills is save.
The future effects is devastating.
Don't just open your mouth wa wa and talk rubbish.

Abortion pills are safer than the alternative which is giving birth.

The only reason why people think abortion is unsafe is because of irrational people like yourself who would rather believe and spread rumors.

It's never concrete facts

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Goron Tula, the natural fruit that cures it all. Look In Here / I Want To Get Fatter / Ronnie and Donnie Galyon: World’s Longest-Living Conjoined Twins Dies At 68 (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.