Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu (24229 Views)

PEPT: Peter Obi Supporters Continue To Roll Out More Billboards Across States / Sanwo-Olu Laser Display On Third Mainland Bridge & Lagos Lagoon / ESN/IPOB Attacked Passengers, Burnt Buses In Imo Over Sit-At-Home - Man (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by delpee(f): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Stevyne:
My own question is where is the Alternative route from Obalende - Yaba?

Obalende- Adeniji- Carter bridge - Oyingbo- M/M way- Yaba
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by udo001(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2020
This very good, keep it up Mr governor
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by JuanDeDios: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2020
slimfit1:
Sort out the train Mr governor
You dey mind them?! Sort out rail and solve Lagos's traffic wahala for good.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Goke7: 8:18am On Jul 26, 2020
Swingate:
The buses will be a welcome development, meanwhile the national stadium and Teslin Balogun stadium should be converted to a temporal car park and bus terminal during this third mainland bridge maintenance period.
Since those stadiums are not in use these days , people heading to the island should be encouraged to park their cars at those designated car parks and then board buses to cross them to and from the island. This will reduce the congestion on the remaining routes to the island during peak periods .
Those buses should be given crossing priority to encourage people to use it more .

The only sensible comment here. Well done. Hoping the governor or his advisers will see this comment.

Nigerians should be learn how to proffer solutions and not just complain like headless chickens.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by AlmaIganishire: 8:34am On Jul 26, 2020
It’s just a promise, it will see it happen. I’m waiting here... lemme tell you about an easy way to recharge your phone faster, just dail *444# and see
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by PremierGuy(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2020
...by now all the planned train lines within Lagos should be operating decongesting the road network...We are still waiting for the audio trains since governor Fashola time

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Fragility6: 8:46am On Jul 26, 2020
wallex1983:
Lock down Lagos for 1year

Covid-19 for 1st 6months

Third mainland bridge for 2nd 6months
I no dey lagos but see my suggestion, why FG no start work on the bridge during that initial lockdown wen movement dey less.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2020
guy trying to flush out danfo buses and molues, what will happen to the displaced driver of these buses, say no to crony capitalism.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Mexyz(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2020
Still here wondering how tomorrow would look like, oh God help me tomorrow ooo...
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by rightdata: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2020
Do not drink your future

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by wonder233: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2020
If you express your opinions, it is the nairaland MODs loyal to the tin-god at Bourdillon that will first ban you,
while their foot soldiers who always go there to queue for amala will be issuing vicious rebuttals to the valid points you've raised.
whytediamond:
It will take a miracle of monumental proportion for Nigeria to become good.

For Pete's sake, this is the most populous black nation on earth, why is it then hard for our leaders to get the basic things right? I mean, how can a mega city with over 20million people not have a function railway system? This is year 2020 for the love of God.

You started a railway and road project of less than 40km for over a decade and after two governors had served, we are still no where near having the most efficient system of transportation in a densely populated city like Lagos.

LASG rolling out 600 buses into an over saturated road transport system should be one of the jokes of the century.

Why can't these evil men borrow and implement the same template from cities like New York or countries from Europe where commuting from point A to point B is seamless, efficient and less time consuming?

I dey vex for my spirit. How can you leave your business place by 4pm only to get home by 9pm when the journey is less than 5km? How can one explain that? How can one explain containers and trailers literally taking over the motorway leaving commuters with untold hardship to and fro work every blessed day?

If I pour out my mind about the failings of our leaders, both past and present, I'll spent 3months in detention. Make we just leave matter for Mathias. I don't want to say Nigeria is irredeemable but....

I dey vex walahi. Tuehh.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by oluwaahmed: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2020
Lagosians are going to understand this period that their leaders are nothing but thieves. Almost all access roads are bad people are really foing to suffer.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Pavillon: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2020
GboyegaD:
Is this about diversifying the transportation and subtly forcing people to consider using the ferry or the 600 buses whose fairs were recently hiked?

But how come people are coping with this recent hike in Tfare..

Do we really like suffering and smiling in Nigeria.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by walexy1(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2020
Stevyne:
My own question is where is the Alternative route from Obalende - Yaba?

I have been wondering same. Someone even asked me, but don't know the route to tell the person!!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Talkcentral: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2020
Na Ordeeyoooooo! Oh noooooooo! grin
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by labi1977(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2020
So sick of this man all he does is talk and launch ambodes projects
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by jaxxy(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2020
For what To cause more congestion? Where is the road??
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by RealEzee(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2020
E don tey since I dey hear roll out buses oooo, there is quarter I don't hear new buses this and that in Lagos, how there just be 4 buses plying ogba to berger kwa? Abeggi
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by slimfit1(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2020
JuanDeDios:

You dey mind them?! Sort out rail and solve Lagos's traffic wahala for good.

That governor is just paying wages and buying buses no
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by LadySarah: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
whytediamond:
It will take a miracle of monumental proportion for Nigeria to become good.

For Pete's sake, this is the most populous black nation on earth, why is it then hard for our leaders to get the basic things right? I mean, how can a mega city with over 20million people not have a functional railway system? This is year 2020 for the love of God.

You started a railway and road project of less than 40km for over a decade and after two governors had served, we are still no where near having the most efficient system of transportation in a densely populated city as Lagos.

LASG rolling out 600 buses into an over saturated road transport system should be one of the jokes of the century.

Why can't these evil men borrow and implement the same template from cities like New York or countries from Europe where commuting from point A to point B is seamless, efficient and less time consuming?

I dey vex for my spirit. How can you leave your business place by 4pm only to get home by 9pm when the journey is less than 5km? How can one explain that? How can one explain containers and trailers literally taking over the motorway leaving commuters with untold hardship to and from work every blessed day?

If I pour out my mind about the failings of our leaders, both past and present, I'll spend 3months in detention. Make we just leave matter for Mathias. I don't want to say Nigeria is irredeemable but....

I dey vex walahi. Tuehh.

As it stands and with the way things are going, it is irredeemable. Lagos doesn't need even a single addition of a road vehicle let alone 600!

Wster ways and rail trans should be harnessed.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by whytediamond(m): 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
LadySarah:

As it stands and with the way things are going, it is irredeemable. Lagos doesn't need even a single addition of a road vehicle let alone 600!

Wster ways and rail trans should be harnessed.

Once the arseholes get to power, they become brain dead. What a country to be born in.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by whytediamond(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
wonder233:
If you express your opinions, it is the nairaland MODs loyal to the tin-god at Bourdillon that will first ban you,
while their foot soldiers who always go there to queue for amala will be issuing vicious rebuttals to the valid points you've raised.

That's it o. They love the low life and also love to worship criminals

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Branduche: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ambode bought 1000 buses
Only 150 buses was released to the BrT scheme.

Some of these buses are still lying at the ports and chisco park. They recently removed the buses to the oshodi gallery from Chisco park.
So this 600 buses will come out from ambode acquired buses. Sanwo Olu will take the glory that he bought 600 buses

ScamLagos
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Stevyne: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
delpee:

Obalende- Adeniji- Carter bridge - Oyingbo- M/M way- Yaba
Thanks!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by dederocs(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mass transit is the way to go, otherwise the mega city scheme is a scam, mass transit services is the only way government can coordinate the public transportation system. When the system is robust and clean, more people will use public buses, leading to less cars on the road, this will ease traffic congestion.

public mass transit buses will have their own lane, this will aid in arrival time, and optimisation of the buses, and time.

Let us leave aside politics for a while and do things for the greater good. Over time, the state will make money via the concession, and use those profits to improve the state, create more training institutions for the youths, and deveop Lagos aesthetics, economy and modernisation. The present system is disorganised and not fitting for a mega city, but the plan must cover all routes, with mini buses in streets, avenues, boulevards and close. Governance is about the greater good.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by yizastone(m): 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
hmnnn..

foreign used Nissan pathfinder for sale, call or message for price, picture and inspection asap 08029125842
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Citytrend007(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
I just hope d bridge would be completed at d specified tym
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by ComeToJesus: 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/07/25/third-mainland-bridge-lagos-to-roll-out-600-commuter-buses-in-august-sanwo-olu-photos/

Never seen a Governor that lives on an utopian plane like this man. Always saying things that never happen.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by ComeToJesus: 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/07/25/third-mainland-bridge-lagos-to-roll-out-600-commuter-buses-in-august-sanwo-olu-photos/

Never seen a Governor that lives on an utopian plane like this man. Always saying things that never happen.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by delpee(f): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
Stevyne:
Thanks!

UWLC
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by earnit3: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
Clueless government ever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Bandits Treated Us Well' - Baptist School Student Freed On Health Grounds / PDP Will Return In 2019 - Abdullahi Maibasira, PDP National Youth Leader / Rivers Women Excited To See Osinbajo As He Visits State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.