Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,407 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets (6170 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Cooks With Whitemoney At Lagos Food Festival (Photos) / Soyinka: Any State Where Children Are Kidnapped Should Shut Down In Protest / Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 4:34am On Jul 26, 2020
In okwudor village in Imo State ,a young man has taken the bull by the horn , he is investing heavily in this alternative energy by channelling the gas from soak away pits and laterines to be used in cooking. He has done this so well that the people are happy with his technology.

https://etimesafrica./2020/07/26/okwudor-in-imo-state-cooks-with-gas-from-soak-away-and-pits-toilets/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 4:35am On Jul 26, 2020
is this not amazing

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 4:36am On Jul 26, 2020
the locally made gas burnning

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Goldp5988(f): 4:36am On Jul 26, 2020
Amazing

2 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by GboyegaD(m): 4:37am On Jul 26, 2020
I wish the governor would take interest and invest in this. We have raw skills but no one to harness them.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 4:44am On Jul 26, 2020
GboyegaD:
I wish the governor would take interest and invest in this. We have raw skills but no one to harness them.

Lord bless you...you captured it all...

5 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Highbeepeeh(m): 4:45am On Jul 26, 2020
So CREATIVEshocked

NIGERIANS GET BRAIN BUT WE NO GET LEADERSundecided

24 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by espn(m): 4:46am On Jul 26, 2020
GboyegaD:
AMEN...I wish we have leaders that really love this country. The kind of funds and energy channelled towards COVID19, if same can be invested into science, research and developing raw talents, Nigeria will be a very great nation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Baawaa(m): 4:51am On Jul 26, 2020
Over to government to do the needful

3 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by helinues: 4:51am On Jul 26, 2020
And Soak away smell will be a good aroma for cooking.. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:51am On Jul 26, 2020
Speaking of diversification

Wow! Nigerians are filled with talent!!!

If only we have good leaders

Let's see what the supreme court governor will do with this man's talent

5 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by cjwalter(m): 4:55am On Jul 26, 2020
Wow...that's good, how i wish our govt could invest in such people...
Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by achierosion(m): 5:27am On Jul 26, 2020
Igbo ingenuity.

Such invention will soon be neglected.

14 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Macphenson: 5:29am On Jul 26, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Assurance001(f): 5:46am On Jul 26, 2020
Superb! Just wondering the type of aroma the food will produce

1 Like

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by 1Alex: 5:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Assurance001:
Superb! Just wondering the type of aroma the food will produce
what type of Aroma does food cooked with the usual gas produce?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:07am On Jul 26, 2020
good invention it will b a dead project wating 4 fg,sg not 2 talk lg.he should look 4 who will partner with or house to house show.People will pratonalize him

4 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Dedetwo(m): 6:15am On Jul 26, 2020
helinues:
And Soak away smell will be a good aroma for cooking.. grin

Some folks in the shithole called Nigeria are brain dead. One of the reasons for disintegration of Nigeria.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by strangest(m): 6:24am On Jul 26, 2020
It's not a new invention, biogas has always been there you can get more info on YouTube videos. I just don't know why we have not been using it, maybe some disadvantages

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by cassidy1996(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2020
this is good

Leicester City -:- Manchester United
Chelsea -:- Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arsenal -:- Watford
Crystal Palace -:- Tottenham Hotspur

1 Like

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 26, 2020
It's METHANE from SHITT.
Not New but the Construction remains EPIC, since it evolved from a thoughtful process.
That FAMILY must prepare for serial SHITTING expedition.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2020
I don't care whatever the nonsense is or what purpose the gas serves but it is totally not healthy...
Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Psalm126: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2020
IGBO Amaka grin

9 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2020
achierosion:
ingenuity.

Lets stop going over this igbo isses again and again
Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2020
strangest:
It's not a new invention, biogas has always been there you can get more info on YouTube videos. I just don't know why we have not been using it, maybe some disadvantages
we know there report captured it .... but I don't see where it's said it's invention...what it's said is application and localisation of these application.

can you show us elsewhere that such application is localize in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2020
MelesZenawi:
I don't care whatever the nonsense is or what purpose the gas serves but it is totally not healthy...

leave sentiments...tell us why it's not healthy..is health from.the environmental perspective ,economic perspective or body wise

specifics

1 Like

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by strangest(m): 6:50am On Jul 26, 2020
christopher123:
we know there report captured it .... but I don't see where it's said it's invention...what it's said is application and localisation of these application.

can you show us elsewhere that such application is localize in Nigeria
Are you currently using it in your house?

2 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:50am On Jul 26, 2020
achierosion:
Igbo ingenuity.

Invention?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by yenereal(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2020
What if there could be gas cylinder inside that chamber? Showing me pictures isn't enough to convince me. He could have made videos showing right from when he started connecting pipes from the soakaway chamber down to the kitchen. That's how he would have convinced me.

P. S. I am not doubting the possibility of this happening. My point is, this picture does not convince me to believe.
Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by christopher123(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2020
strangest:

Are you currently using it in your house?
I am in Lagos and it's not in Lagos ...if it's in Lagos I wish use it. why because virus and microbes don't survive hear or fire

2 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by CzarChris(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2020
This is not new, some countries already use this. Our faeces produces methane gas. While in the university, years ago, 2006 to be precise, I and two of my friends, Oscar and Iyke produced pure blue burning methane gas from poultry droplets, it's still the same process.

For those saying it's not healthy, what type of aroma will cooking with faecial fuel give the food. It's perfectly healthy, and no "aroma" whatsoever. As the gas comes out, it simply burns so no "aroma" will escape, it's safe.

It's biogas for crying out loud.

18 Likes

Re: Imo State, Where A Village Cooks With Gas From Toilets by ThatFairGuy1: 6:55am On Jul 26, 2020
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING! Lord Alton Of Liverpool Demands Answers On Nnamdi Kanu’s Case From UK / AMCON Gets ₦1.6 Billion Funds Recovered By EFCC / Governor Wike Presents N483bn Budget To Rivers Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.