Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,864 members, 7,956,269 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? (18301 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Angelfrost(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Elder0001:

@bold.. You want to start deceiving yourself.

There are as many irreligious people as religious people in Nigeria? The irreligious people in Nigeria are probably not upto 5% of the entire Nigerian population.

You lack the commonsense you are talking about.

5% of over 200 Million is over 10 million. That's still "Many People"! Once again, how far have they bettered the nation??! What have you done to move the nation forward??!

That's by the way... Let's address your comprehension issues fully. I said there are "as many irreligious people as there are religious ones". This simply means wherever you find religious people in Nigeria, you will also find irreligious ones. Even among church and mosque attendees, there are among them who don't pray or believe in what they pray about...

If you have a personal problem with religion and/or religious people, deal with it. I am an irreligious person who can't be bothered about who prays or who doesn't. That's called tolerance!!!

...And, I will be quite chuffed if you would be kind enough to furnish me with well documented and researched stats on Nigeria having only about 5% irreligious non praying folks. Thank you. grin
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Mayeldah(m): 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Most prayers are answered by God but humans don't understand sometimes the answer has been given.

A man prays to God for money and wealth, God gives him ideas as he is relaxing in his room, some note the ideas but later abandone it, some don't even understand the idea in the first place talkless of running with it.

Most christians want ready made answers, they want to pray for money and the next day a man walks up to him and say God said I shuould give you this N5m. It doesn't work that way. Even if God does that most people will misuse the money because they didn't work for it.

God answers prayers in different ways, it may not happen the way you want it but if you are careful and watchful you will see that answers has been given

Watch and Pray!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Geekop: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
God bless you @mhizsuzzy
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by PotatoSalad(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
Pray and back it up with hardwork.
You can't be in church on monday afternoon binding and casting for miracle of work when you're supposed to be outside looking for work.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by ugobi2555: 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
mhizsuzzy:
What's wrong with me? My prayers are not answered. Have asked that question? You are welcomed to my crib. Let's have a friendly chitchat

Good morning and a beautiful Sunday to you...

I prayed and didn't get answers. It got me thinking, why do some people get answers and I don't. Maybe, I am doing it the wrong way or am I doing it with an unclear conscience or am I in doubt? what's wrong?
I know you have asked that kind of question. I pray God answers you through me. Amen

Let's pray
Father in heaven, we thank you for your gift of Jesus, the gift of this new day and your love which you shed in our hearts. We thank you for all you have done and all you will do. We come before you in great humility and submit our will to your kingship. Open our hearts and mind sto receive you. Speak to us through your words in ways we can understand and let your spirit in us reveal you to us.
We ask you in Jesus name. Amen

Causes of unanswered prayers:
1) You may have been asking amiss and with wrong motives
(James 4:3) KJV
What are your intentions? Are they right? God is not a man that he can be deceived he searches your hearts and knows your genuine intentions. Are you praying so that people will say: haa! she is a prayer warrior (like the Pharisee) or are you really seeking a connection and pouring out to God. Are you praying to boast to men that your prayers get answered?
Check your motives dear loved one.
Soln: Keep asking God to teach you his ways that you may die to pride or showmanship. Consciously rebuke those thoughts when they come. You have the power of resurrection in you.
2) He will answer you.

Come confidently to his throne of mercy and grace.
Some come with "let me try if this thing will even work" Hmmm...(I did that before)
God is more willing to answer you than you are to ask. (Jeremiah 29:12)
He loves you and will hear you when you cry out (Psalm 106:43-45)
So come as you are

3) The prayer of a righteous man:
(James 5:16)

Sincerely ask God for forgiveness for the sins you have done. But wait, you can't use God. You can't apologize just to get what you want from him and turn back to your evil ways.
Life in Christ is the best. Choose it.

4) Ask the holy spirit to help u:
(Romans 8:26)
He is the helper. He will help you even when words can't express how you feel (isn't he a good God that even provides help when our strengths have failed)

5) Ask in Jesus name:
John 15:16:
The father will give you whatever you ask of him in my name. Jesus is the key to get to the father. (Note this it is important)

6) Pray his word:
Give God his words and the promise of his words will be your portion (Don't forget to do it with faith). Pray the bible. As you study the word daily if any part speaks to you, use it as a prayer. It is his word and you know it is important to him. Write it done and make prophetic declarations about them

7)Thank God
Gratitude is very important. Even if you didn't see the manifestation yet (Philippians 4:6)
It is pride that makes you not to thank him (2 Chronicles 32:25)
Thank him cos he has already done it for you.

cool Submit it to his will:
Patience is important. Wait! it may not be time yet. But whilecyou wait what should you do?...Thanksgiving cos he has done it already.

Some prayers need you to call those faithful to help you so that their faith can help your faith (Matt 18:19) (James 5:14-15)

Faith is the bedrock. No prayer works without faith. Forget about the problem. It is difficult I know but you have to try dear loved one.
Devil will bring doubt, confess the assurance of the answered prayer. Dance when ever you remember it. Cos it has been answered.
You can also make a covenant with God (some kind of petitions need this) Let's the spirit lead you in this..he will speak to you about it and how to go about it. You are blessed
Those changed my prayer life. I am glad to share them with you, beloved.

So Let's go and do it the right way.
Your faithfully
Love

Am already blessed
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by KingDami27(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
The thing that baffles me most is that for people who are into relationships you know boyfriends and girlfriend, Does this act count in answered prayers? I ask this because when pastors speaks of sin as an hinderance boyfriends and girlfriends are always counted from no1 - 3, so wat do you think abt this?
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by NekkyCee(f): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Awesome post!
mhizsuzzy:
What's wrong with me? My prayers are not answered. Have asked that question? You are welcomed to my crib. Let's have a friendly chitchat

I prayed and didn't get answers. It got me thinking, why do some people get answers and I don't. Maybe, I am doing it the wrong way or am I doing it with an unclear conscience or am I in doubt? what's wrong?
I know you have asked that kind of question. I pray God answers you through me. Amen

Let's pray
Father in heaven, we thank you for your gift of Jesus, the gift of this new day and your love which you shed in our hearts. We thank you for all you have done and all you will do. We come before you in great humility and submit our will to your kingship. Open our hearts and mind sto receive you. Speak to us through your words in ways we can understand and let your spirit in us reveal you to us.

What are your intentions? Are they right? God is not a man that he can be deceived he searches your hearts and knows your genuine intentions. Are you praying so that people will say: haa! she is a prayer warrior (like the Pharisee) or are you really seeking a connection and pouring out to God. Are you praying to boast to men that your prayers get answered?
Soln: Keep asking God to teach you his ways that you may die to pride or showmanship. Consciously rebuke those thoughts when they come. You have the power of resurrection in you.
2) He will answer you.

Some come with "let me try if this thing will even work" Hmmm...(I did that before)
So come as you are

Sincerely ask God for forgiveness for the sins you have done. But wait, you can't use God. You can't apologize just to get what you want from him and turn back to your evil ways.

He is the helper. He will help you even when words can't express how you feel (isn't he a good God that even provides help when our strengths have failed)

5) Ask in Jesus name:
The father will give you whatever you ask of him in my name. Jesus is the key to get to the father. (Note this it is important)

6) Pray his word:
Give God his words and the promise of his words will be your portion (Don't forget to do it with faith). Pray the bible. As you study the word daily if any part speaks to you, use it as a prayer. It is his word and you know it is important to him. Write it done and make prophetic declarations about them

7)Thank God
Gratitude is very important. Even if you didn't see the manifestation yet (Philippians 4:6)

Patience is important. Wait! it may not be time yet. But whilecyou wait what should you do?...Thanksgiving cos he has done it already.

Some prayers need you to call those faithful to help you so that their faith can help your faith (Matt 18:19) (James 5:14-15)

Faith is the bedrock. No prayer works without faith. Forget about the problem. It is difficult I know but you have to try dear loved one.
Devil will bring doubt, confess the assurance of the answered prayer. Dance when ever you remember it. Cos it has been answered.
You can also make a covenant with God (some kind of petitions need this) Let's the spirit lead you in this..he will speak to you about it and how to go about it. You are blessed

Your faithfully
Love

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Viktoreze(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Let's pray

2) He will answer you.

So come as you are

5) Ask in Jesus name:

6) Pray his word:

7)Thank God

Your faithfully
Love

The first and most important thing is to forgive all who have wronged you and free your heart of grudges. God bless you
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by OyinO: 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
This religious con business of shifting the goal posts have been around for a very long time now. So why wasn't the Nationwide interdenominational fasting and prayer for the divine intervention and release of LEAH SHARIBU from Book Harm hostage answered? You can fool some people some times but you can't fool all the people all the time.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
OtemAtum:
You don't even need prayer at all because prayer is useless. It achieves nothing. Coincidences are the powers behind a seemingly answered prayer.

Mr man, your belief is different from others please... If prayers are useless to you they are not to those who believe in them
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
OyinO:
This religious con business of shifting the goal posts have been around for a very long time now. So why wasn't the Nationwide interdenominational fasting and prayer for the divine intervention and release of LEAH SHARIBU from Book Harm hostage answered? You can fool some people some times but you can't fool all the people all the time.
We pray but not all times God act with man's expectations. Just pray and believe God to handle issues his own way... No wonder some pray asking for something from God and also dictating how God should answer them
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by OtemAtum: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Omokowa:

Mr man, your belief is different from others please... If prayers are useless to you they are not to those who believe in them
I am not talking based on subjective views. I'm asserting the reality of life and that reality is that PRAYERS ARE USELESS. You can choose to keep praying, but it doesn't erase that simple fact that it is a useless effort.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
KingDami27:
The thing that baffles me most is that for people who are into relationships you know boyfriends and girlfriend, Does this act count in answered prayers? I ask this because when pastors speaks of sin as an hinderance boyfriends and girlfriends are always counted from no1 - 3, so wat do you think abt this?
What do you mean by boyfriend and girlfriend? Relationship is not a sin but mind the kind of relationship you venture into. Are you mature to be in a Godly relationship with someone you want to marry? some people try to twist the teachings of the word to suit their selfish desires
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mayeldah:
Most prayers are answered by God but humans don't understand sometimes the answer has been given.

A man prays to God for money and wealth, God gives him ideas as he is relaxing in his room, some note the ideas but later abandone it, some don't even understand the idea in the first place talkless of running with it.

Most christians want ready made answers, they want to pray for money and the next day a man walks up to him and say God said I shuould give you this N5m. It doesn't work that way. Even if God does that most people will misuse the money because they didn't work for it.

God answers prayers in different ways, it may not happen the way you want it but if you are careful and watchful you will see that answers has been given

Watch and Pray!
God bless you my brother, those that worship him must worship him in truth and spirit. When we pray, we feel God has not answered us because we are not in the spirit to detect the way he has answered us. You pray asking for fish and God has given you ideas on how to fish and get that which you asked of but yet you feel giving you the fish rather than teaching you how to fish is best for you.
God knows what is best for us and answer you in a different way.. May not be the way you are expecting
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
@Op, it is time to be honest to yourself and those reading your post. You and I know that most of your own prayers go unanswered as well and the reason is not that you asked "amiss" or that your asking was insincere. Let's stop lying and maybe then we can finally find truth for our own selves and for others.

The reason prayers are not being answered for the vast majority is that they don't even worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, that many of them claim to. They worship the image of Him(idol) created by men whose doctrines and traditions they subscribe to.

And one thing man cannot do is copy God's power and benevolence onto their idols.

Not until people begin to admit this truth to themselves will they realize, and find truth for their lives, and maybe make the necessary changes so they can finally begin to serve and benefit from God as Jesus promised.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Let's pray

2) He will answer you.

So come as you are

5) Ask in Jesus name:

6) Pray his word:

7)Thank God

Your faithfully
Love

If you pray to God and what you pray happens, you give thanks.

If what u pray for doesn't happen, u say he knows best why it didn't happen.

The same result can be obtained whether you pray or not. What matters is your determination and faith on what you what. You don't need shouting to some God somewhere for any miracle bcuz it doesn't come. Your strong will is what matters.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gilbertkwabena:

If you pray to God and what you pray happens, you give thanks.

If what u pray for doesn't happen, u say he knows best why it didn't happen.

The same result can be obtained whether you pray or not. What matters is your determination and faith on what you what. You don't need shouting to some God somewhere for any miracle bcuz it doesn't come. Your strong will is what matters.
is that anything close to what God Himself said or is that the defeated you talking? undecided
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
is that anything close to what God Himself said or is that the defeated you talking? undecided

Lols... You know well what I wrote is true. Whether you pray or not, your will(faith) and fate is what determines what will happen. If prayer works, you won't be asked to have faith, you would just be told to pray... If prayer works, all you pray for would have been happening but you know well how many things you've prayed for that never happens.

There are billions of people who doesn't pray, yet they get or not get what they desire just like what happens to those of you praying. #commonsense
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gilbertkwabena:

Lols... You know well what I wrote is true. Whether you pray or not, your will(faith) and fate is what determines what will happen. If prayer works, you won't be asked to have faith, you would just be told to pray... If prayer works, all you pray for would have been happening but you know well how many things you've prayed for that never happens.
So, my experience is different from yours as your truth is not my truth as far as God is concerned.
I barely know if I have faith, and fate, that is a fickle concept to me.
As far as prayer working, I was talking to someone the other day and mentioned how I seem to get about 30% of my requests answered within the same week- others, I believe will show up eventually.
Obedience, not prayer, is the key to God's heart!
And anyone who wants to enjoy the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ but is unwilling to submit to obeying the details of the contract will of course not experience the benefits of the covenant that is Jesus Christ.
Gilbertkwabena:

There are billions of people who doesn't pray, yet they get or not get what they desire just like what happens to those of you praying. #commonsense
I know what you mean and I saw the very same before I pushed past that defeated mindset to seek God out so I know if He is indeed real as claimed in the book.
Rather than giving up, maybe you should admit to yourself that God is not the liar here but your mind there trying to convince you instead that God lied?
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by mrdipye(m): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ohkkayy...
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by SAMBARRY: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
OtemAtum:
Your prayers may not be answered because prayers are useless and are mere wishes. If wishes were horses, beggars will ride.

Homo Sapiens III 15:12 sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow
don't be stupid for the Bible says ONLY A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THAT THERE'S NO GOD.who told you God is not real?
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by OtemAtum: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
SAMBARRY:
don't be stupid for the Bible says ONLY A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THAT THERE'S NO GOD.who told you God is not real?
Did you even hear or read me say there's no God? Do I sound like an atheist to you? God Almighty, the Creator of Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Atum, Olorun etc is the TOTALITY of Existence itself, so how wpuld I have said that There is no God?

1 Like

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by OyinO: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
Omokowa:

We pray but not all times God act with man's expectations. Just pray and believe God to handle issues his own way... No wonder some pray asking for something from God and also dictating how God should answer them

If prayers are being answered, Naija will not be where she is today. So you're inferring that Leah Sharibu was not rescued by angel Gabriel, Michael, HOLY Ghost et al because the Naija Christians didn't believe God to handle her release in his own way?
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Gilbertkwabena(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So, my experience is different from yours as your truth is not my truth as far as God is concerned.
I barely know if I have faith, and fate, that is a fickle concept to me.
As far as prayer working, I was talking to someone the other day and mentioned how I seem to get about 30% of my requests answered within the same week- others, I believe will show up eventually.
Obedience, not prayer, is the key to God's heart!
And anyone who wants to enjoy the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ but is unwilling to submit to obeying the details of the contract will of course not experience the benefits of the covenant that is Jesus Christ.

I know what you mean and I saw the very same before I pushed past that defeated mindset to seek God out so I know if He is indeed real as claimed in the book.
Rather than giving up, maybe you should admit to yourself that God is not the liar here but your mind there trying to convince you instead that God lied?

This isn't about personal experience, its about fact. Its about what happens on this world. Stop deceiving yourself and fact the fact. If its about prayer, Nigeria Christians should be the most successful people but what are we seeing? Am 1000% sure that you've prayed about something you so much desire but didn't come and probably you had to say God knows best or so.

There are more than 3 billion people on dart who doesn't believe in God and never prayed to some god for anything yet the same result applies to them and dose who prays. Stop being deceived, God doesn't do nothing... Fate,faith(determination) and actions brings about accomplishing desires not some god anywhere. If its some God anywhere, someone like you who is drunk of Jesus should have been dangote.

1 Like

Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Mryacks: 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Let's pray

2) He will answer you.

So come as you are

5) Ask in Jesus name:

6) Pray his word:

7)Thank God

Your faithfully
Love

We appreciate. God bless you...
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gilbertkwabena:

This isn't about personal experience, its about fact. Its about what happens on this world. Stop deceiving yourself and fact the fact. If its about prayer, Nigeria Christians should be the most successful people but what are we seeing? Am 1000% sure that you've prayed about something you so much desire but didn't come and probably you had to say God knows best or so.

There are more than 3 billion people on dart who doesn't believe in God and never prayed to some god for anything yet the same result applies to them and dose who prays. Stop being deceived, God doesn't do nothing... Fate,faith(determination) and actions brings about accomplishing desires not some god anywhere. If its some God anywhere, someone like you who is drunk of Jesus should have been dangote.
You have spoken well but let me remind you that this so Christians you talk about may be just a Christian by appearance but not by heart. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Can you do me a favor by been obedient to God for just a year and watch his goodness upon your life. He says "test and see that the lord is good"
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
OyinO:

If prayers are being answered, Naija will not be where she is today. So you're inferring that Leah Sharibu was not rescued by angel Gabriel, Michael, HOLY Ghost et al because the Naija Christians didn't believe God to handle her release in his own way?
The desciples of Jesus christ passes through many persecution, do you know how many children of God had been killed for preaching the gospel. Apostle Paul said "... to live is christ and to die is gain" meaning our existence here on earth is not the utmost purpose. But thank God because for every God's general that is been killed for preaching the gospel, many more rises as a result of that
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
OtemAtum:
I am not talking based on subjective views. I'm asserting the reality of life and that reality is that PRAYERS ARE USELESS. You can choose to keep praying, but it doesn't erase that simple fact that it is a useless effort.
The word of God is not mere men's reality please... You cannot understand the things of the spirit if you are not in the spirit. Yes you may be connected in the spirit with your own god, but others connect in the spirit with their own... Even bearing a Christian name does not guarantee one to understand the word of God, but if you seek him he shows you... The things of the spirit is not meant for everybody... Especially those that will abuse it
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by Omokowa(m): 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Now let me explain somethings for the leighman to understand. Some have come to say dangote, Bill gates and others have enough yet not knowing God. But please my advice is that, only the riches that comes from God is able to give joy and peace of mind... We all know that there is no way those would have gotten their wealth legally or with clean hands but am not concerned about that, God will never abandon his own he gives what will eventually satisfies you... Don't be greedy in this life. My question to everyone here is "how many of us truly deserve what we own today" by God's standard but yet we query God. He is too merciful to even spare our lives despite the atrocities.

The day we all surrender to God, Nigeria or the world becomes a better place for us to live in.
Re: Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? by OyinO: 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Omokowa:

The desciples of Jesus christ passes through many persecution, do you know how many children of God had been killed for preaching the gospel. Apostle Paul said "... to live is christ and to die is gain" meaning our existence here on earth is not the utmost purpose. But thank God because for every God's general that is been killed for preaching the gospel, many more rises as a result of that

You are tactically and carefully dodging my question but I do understand why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / How To Marry A God-fearing Husband / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.